Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid season update here:

Tyler Linderbaum still extremely high on my list. Best center in the NCAA by a country mile. I know IOL isn't popular in the 1st round, but I think he's someone we'll have to consider if he's available.

Ikem Ekwonu has also climbed into my top lists for OL. Most pancake blocks of any OL since the start of the 2020 season and a road grader at run blocking. He's viewed as an IOL in the NFL, but he's also been very successful as an OT in college, so he maybe someone that has versatility to play both positions.

Brandon Smith at ILB is also playing his way into a 1st round pick. Probably the best pure ILB in the draft imo.

Ventrell Miller is out for the year. He could still declare if he's viewed as a 2nd rounder or better. He could be this year's Simmons/Farley pick, but the 2nd round.

Kolar and Wydermyer remain high on TE list. But Trey McBride has now climbed to the top of that list. Very athletic TE who is a beast of a blocker. Probably will be a mid rounder based on his school and overall mediocre body of work prior to 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
Early 4 round mock for me:

1. Tyler Linderbaum

3. Darrian Kinnard

4. Trey McBride

Ideally, we trade back in round 1 and pick up more picks. Of course ideally, we're also picking at pick 32.

matt-millen-detroit-lions.png

Wide Receiver!

if he declares for the draft, Jack Sanborn from Wisconsin could be interesting. I can easily see him making the move to a SS. -- Runs a 4.5-4.7 (equivalent to Kenny Vacc, Keanu Neal, John Johnson.)

or the Gardner kid (CB) from Cincinnati

Assuming we don't trade out of the pick, I'm thinking priority in the 1st round should be IOL, LB, EDGE, or TE. Some of this will depend on how FA goes too. Certainly if we re-sign Landry or tag him, then EDGE becomes much less of a need.

We're losing a good bit of depth at ILB with Brown and Evans due to be FAs, but the addition of Cunningham helps soften that blow. Still would be nice to get defensive field general like Devin Lloyd or Brandon Smith.

On the OL, Jones is a UFA and you gotta figure Saffold is also released. Obviously, IOL will be a high priority in FA and luckily there are several quality options. But we'll likely need to draft one too since Davis hasn't played all too well this year either (but I doubt he's released at only 1 million against the cap). Will we wait to the mid rounds to address it or do we take the best on the board in round 1? My gut says JRob won't take a G in round 1, but depending on who is available in the 1st, I would be ok taking IOL there.

Assuming we don't trade out of the pick, I'm thinking priority in the 1st round should be IOL, LB, EDGE, or TE. Some of this will depend on how FA goes too. Certainly if we re-sign Landry or tag him, then EDGE becomes much less of a need.

We're losing a good bit of depth at ILB with Brown and Evans due to be FAs, but the addition of Cunningham helps soften that blow. Still would be nice to get defensive field general like Devin Lloyd or Brandon Smith.

On the OL, Jones is a UFA and you gotta figure Saffold is also released. Obviously, IOL will be a high priority in FA and luckily there are several quality options. But we'll likely need to draft one too since Davis hasn't played all too well this year either (but I doubt he's released at only 1 million against the cap). Will we wait to the mid rounds to address it or do we take the best on the board in round 1? My gut says JRob won't take a G in round 1, but depending on who is available in the 1st, I would be ok taking IOL there.
Isnt Jones contracted for 1 more year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back