Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is the most troublesome in my opinion:

Burks was way more than NFL open. At the same time, it was only Willis' first game and he is a massive project. He's got the physical tools, can he learn to execute an NFL offense is the question

For me, this first preseason game reaffirms that there is no real upside in keeping Woodside on the roster. While Woodside has a better feel for running an NFL offense, he doesn't remotely have the physical tools to execute it. Most of his throws were off the mark or late. Unless Woodside shows can show more, the Titans would likely be better off just going with Willis as the #2.
I agree about Woodside. He is taking up a roster spot and its not like he is going to be swallowed up as soon as he hits the market.

This one is the most troublesome in my opinion:

Burks was way more than NFL open. At the same time, it was only Willis' first game and he is a massive project. He's got the physical tools, can he learn to execute an NFL offense is the question

For me, this first preseason game reaffirms that there is no real upside in keeping Woodside on the roster. While Woodside has a better feel for running an NFL offense, he doesn't remotely have the physical tools to execute it. Most of his throws were off the mark or late. Unless Woodside shows can show more, the Titans would likely be better off just going with Willis as the #2.
Even if he missed Burks there, McMath is open over the middle for a good gain as well. That’s a throw he also has to be able to make over the shallow LB.
It also looks as if McMath is the first look since he’s the only WR on that side for the play.

I understand and I think we all do that Malik is just not ready yet he struggles reading coverage and progressions.

However Woodside brings nothing to the table besides probably knowing the playbook.

I just don't see the point.

One of Willis' best throws of the night was the one where he scrabbled and threw on the run to Chig, but Chig pulled up off his route because he felt the DB coming.

I say we grab whichever backup QB the Ravens cut and ,make them the #2, because Woodside ain't it and Willis isn't ready. I thought all of their QBs played well yesterday.

Pretty sure if THill was accused of stealing QB playbooks, it would be a giant nothing burger. If Goodell sent his hired henchmen in to look for his college accolades, I have no doubt the largest of “news” sources would jump on it bigly and pretend it’s a bigger story. Might even try finding ways to attach it to other stories blown out of proportion like Brady’s deflated balls.

Pretty sure if THill was accused of stealing QB playbooks, it would be a giant nothing burger. If Goodell sent his hired henchmen in to look for his college accolades, I have no doubt the largest of “news” sources would jump on it bigly and pretend it’s a bigger story. Might even try finding ways to attach it to other stories blown out of proportion like Brady’s deflated balls.
The real reason for Brady's deflated balls...

View attachment 19861

was watching this.. how are you supposed to gauge a guy's throwing ability if the Oline can't even give him 1 second to get set? get these scrubs the fuck out of here

I’m having trouble believing people think Willis can be the starter this season. What in the world did you see against Raven scrubs that makes you think that? I came away from the game thinking we do not have a legitimate back-up.
I don't believe anyone HONESTLY believes Willis has a shot at being an NFL starter at all. Most are just so ready to move on from Tannehill that they're hoping to polish a turd in to a diamond.

I don't believe anyone HONESTLY believes Willis has a shot at being an NFL starter at all. Most are just so ready to move on from Tannehill that they're hoping to polish a turd in to a diamond.
I agree mostly. History shows you can’t expect any 3rd rounder to ever become anything, exceptions to the rule weren’t expected.

That said, tons of fans are so hyped on what a draft day “steal” he was, that he’s considered a first or second to many so expectations are certainly higher.

Personally, not only do I hate the term “steal” in reference to a draft pick that was predicted to be a certain pick level by people who are often wrong (even if less than the avg Joe) so there is no “steal” until they outperform their draft position.

I also was immediately lost on all the comparisons, right or wrong, to the previous failed QBs who are really RB, ie LJ, Vick, or the other usual suspects. To be successful at all outside an occasional exciting run, he must, must, must, learn to throw from the pocket and make a couple reads.

What i saw, was that he has a long way to go. Hope he does well and learns the NFL game.

The guy has a lot mac 9 traits with bigger arm and better runner, he just needs time
How many so-so run oriented QBs come in to the NFL, change their game and become quality NFL QBs? I'd almost be willing to bet Willis will be lucky to be a backup in 3-4 years, much less a starter. I'd love to be wrong but at this point he'd have to be a complete different QB than what was in college and what he is now and that's asking a lot.

I agree mostly. History shows you can’t expect any 3rd rounder to ever become anything, exceptions to the rule weren’t expected.

That said, tons of fans are so hyped on what a draft day “steal” he was, that he’s considered a first or second to many so expectations are certainly higher.

Personally, not only do I hate the term “steal” in reference to a draft pick that was predicted to be a certain pick level by people who are often wrong (even if less than the avg Joe) so there is no “steal” until they outperform their draft position.

I also was immediately lost on all the comparisons, right or wrong, to the previous failed QBs who are really RB, ie LJ, Vick, or the other usual suspects. To be successful at all outside an occasional exciting run, he must, must, must, learn to throw from the pocket and make a couple reads.

What i saw, was that he has a long way to go. Hope he does well and learns the NFL game.

I just don't see what other people seem to see. I don't see a Michael Vick, Steve McNair etc etc etc. Yeah, he obviously likes to run around... But it doesn't look all that dazzling to me. Just a guy running around when he should be slinging the ball, mostly.

No matter where he was drafted, I just don't see "it" in him. Nothing that jumps out as he could be special.

Developing a QB from nothing to an NFL QB just doesn't happen like people pretend. You have to have something more from the start. These players don't play football from peewee through college and then get in the NFL, change their game and become great all the sudden.

I just don't see what other people seem to see. I don't see a Michael Vick, Steve McNair etc etc etc. Yeah, he obviously likes to run around... But it doesn't look all that dazzling to me. Just a guy running around when he should be slinging the ball, mostly.

No matter where he was drafted, I just don't see "it" in him. Nothing that jumps out as he could be special.

Developing a QB from nothing to an NFL QB just doesn't happen like people pretend. You have to have something more from the start. These players don't play football from peewee through college and then get in the NFL, change their game and become great all the sudden.
I really disagree with this I do see the "it" factor .

The iq is just not there though and idk if it will ever get better.

But to say he doesn't have "it" is kind of crazy.

A friend of mine knows the AD at Liberty (Ian McCaw) and he texted me when we drafted Willis telling me we just got the best QB in the draft..take it for what it's worth, time will tell I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back