Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too early to tell, but I have a feeling that if Willis had hit Burks for that 60 yard touchdown down the middle of the field the conversation would be much different this week. Give Willis time he’s got a lot to learn thankfully the Titans don’t need him to do anything but that right now. Hopefully our coaches are better than they have been in previous years!

Willis has an arm... when he decides to throw it and there is the problem. The guy holds onto the balls longer than Mariota was before they yanked him. That is what he has to work on, he was way too fearful of making a mistake with the ball. Not that I don't appreciate him protecting the ball especially after Tanny in the playoffs..you just can't stand there like a statue for that long in the NFL trying to make a read/decision.

Dude needs to ride the bench for a while. Stop trying to press him into service and ruin him, hes just not ready. I wouldn't even be comfortable going into the season with him as the #2 behind Tanny but....

On that note, Jesus Christ how the fuck is Logan Woodside even in the NFL? Are the knees worn out on every pair of pants he owns? He has to go, Mike Glennon is still available and would be a serviceable #2 while Willis learns in the wings.

Willis has an arm... when he decides to throw it and there is the problem. The guy holds onto the balls longer than Mariota was before they yanked him. That is what he has to work on, he was way too fearful of making a mistake with the ball. Not that I don't appreciate him protecting the ball especially after Tanny in the playoffs..you just can't stand there like a statue for that long in the NFL trying to make a read/decision.

Dude needs to ride the bench for a while. Stop trying to press him into service and ruin him, hes just not ready. I wouldn't even be comfortable going into the season with him as the #2 behind Tanny but....

On that note, Jesus Christ how the **** is Logan Woodside even in the NFL? Are the knees worn out on every pair of pants he owns? He has to go, Mike Glennon is still available and would be a serviceable #2 while Willis learns in the wings.
Give me one of those backup Ravens QB's.

I really disagree with this I do see the "it" factor .

The iq is just not there though and idk if it will ever get better.

But to say he doesn't have "it" is kind of crazy.
IQ is NOT a problem for him. Very high Wonderlic score and by all accounts smart as a whip. Inexperience and playing at a lower level school with weak coaching ill-prepared him for the NFL. Shoulda stayed at Auburn.

I may be wrong, but I didn't think anyone was saying Willis is ready to start. I think the discussion is whether or not he can be relied upon as the backup this season. Not having to use two spots to back up Tanny would be good since it allows another player on the active list. Hopefully, the backup will not see any meaningful game action all season.

I may be wrong, but I didn't think anyone was saying Willis is ready to start. I think the discussion is whether or not he can be relied upon as the backup this season. Not having to use two spots to back up Tanny would be good since it allows another player on the active list. Hopefully, the backup will not see any meaningful game action all season.
He’s clearly more deserving of a backup spot than Woodside and coaches rolled with him last year. How Woodside has stuck around amazes me

Way too early to tell, but I have a feeling that if Willis had hit Burks for that 60 yard touchdown down the middle of the field the conversation would be much different this week. Give Willis time he’s got a lot to learn thankfully the Titans don’t need him to do anything but that right now. Hopefully our coaches are better than they have been in previous years!

I also think he still has it in his head, "Man this offensive line sucks, I gotta be ready to run in a millisecond." - He had to have that ready to go for 2 years at Liberty

And by all accounts, he's not wrong -- a preseason, make shift offensive line with at least 2-3 dudes probably working for UPS in another month most definitely did not help things.

I would most definitely like to see him perform with the 1's at LEAST a drive by end of game 3 preseason.

It's not the time to base Willis on what he does in these games, but base him solely on his potential.

The guy flat out has the skills to be a really good QB in this league.

I really liked what I saw in him in his debut. Yeah, some would say he's playing against scrubs, but at the same time his surrounding cast isn't nothing to brag about.

He won't start any game this year, nor should he. But other than his almost pick 6 on thr first drive, I don't see why anyone on here should be negative about what we saw from him.

Add Murchison to that list. I have yet to understand why we continue keeping him around year after year. Guy is a flat out scrub. He brings nothing at all to our team.

another JROB draftee he wants to work so bad....... to prove he knows how to spot DLinemen outside of ones that fall due to injury (Jeffery Simmons lol)

This game was more proof that we have been precariously been keeping a weak backup QB on the roster. If Tanne were to go down, there goes our season.

IQ is NOT a problem for him. Very high Wonderlic score and by all accounts smart as a whip. Inexperience and playing at a lower level school with weak coaching ill-prepared him for the NFL. Shoulda stayed at Auburn.
He and several other 4 and 5 star QB's and a coach got fired from, Auburn because the Nix kid had to be the QB (because of his dad)

It's not the time to base Willis on what he does in these games, but base him solely on his potential.

I really liked what I saw in him in his debut. Yeah, some would say he's playing against scrubs, but at the same time his surrounding cast isn't nothing to brag about.

He won't start any game this year, nor should he. But other than his almost pick 6 on thr first drive, I don't see why anyone on here should be negative about what we saw from him.
This part remains to be seen.
Looks like a strong arm and he can certainly run to avoid sacks but he’s got to work on accuracy and reading a D to prevent running unless he has to. Those are both skills required to be a good NFL QB.
I’m not saying he doesn’t have them or can’t develop them, just didn’t appear against the ratbirds.

Completing half his passes,running around when he should be throwing to wide open receivers, throwing a would be pick 6 that was dropped. The coach pulled him from the game for not throwing the ball! What exactly was there to be positive about?

Completing half his passes,running around when he should be throwing to wide open receivers, throwing a would be pick 6 that was dropped. The coach pulled him from the game for not throwing the ball! What exactly was there to be positive about?
The online gave him about .5s to get set before they sucked asshole so

Can't really judge his throwing if he's never given a chance to throw

The online gave him about .5s to get set before they sucked ******* so

Can't really judge his throwing if he's never given a chance to throw

That's not the topic at hand. People keep saying they liked what they saw. I've even seen headlines making it seem like he played great in that game. There was nothing to get excited about.

Willis’ poise and body language oozed confidence. No happy feet , every motion calm and crisp . Even that sidearm pass . He’ll take a year and learn but he’s having fun out there , I really think we stole one . He’s confident. If Mariota had this kids swagger he’d be an imitation Aaron Rodgers. He’s humble and mature , hopefully he learns to get rid of the ball faster to where it needs to go. Small sample size but he looked damn good compared to a ton of rookie qb’s in a first preseason game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back