Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Curious to know who your best or worst pick of the draft was based on value.

Best - Malik Willis
Worst - Theo Jackson

I have to go with Malik Willis as being the pick that had me the most excited, due to where we got him. He literally was mocked at #8 to the Falcons in many mock drafts and we got him where we did. Just perfect value with some crazy potential if he pans out.

The Theo pick just didn't get me that excited. I'll have to look more into him. Not a bad value pick, but I would've went with Verone McKinney or a Guard with this, especially since Theo was projected to be an UDFA.

Curious to know who your best or worst pick of the draft was based on value.

Best - Malik Willis
Worst - Theo Jackson

I have to go with Malik Willis as being the pick that had me the most excited, due to where we got him. He literally was mocked at #8 to the Falcons in many mock drafts and we got him where we did. Just perfect value with some crazy potential if he pans out.

The Theo pick just didn't get me that excited. I'll have to look more into him. Not a bad value pick, but I would've went with Verone McKinney or a Guard with this, especially since Theo was projected to be an UDFA.
I love Burks and the TE pick but I agree on Willis my favorite pick. Worst pick to me last 2 picks together, we can get sign people better than them. We should have taken a guard

Malik is the easy answer for best value, but I'm going to go a different route.

Best - Kyle Phillips - He was a dude that I really liked, but I thought we'd need to take in the 3rd. And I didn't really want to do that. He's a steal in the 5th. I think he'll contribute next year.

Worst - Theo - I don't even hate the pick, but I would have taken Lecitus Smith, the guard from Virginia Tech, who went 11 picks later.

Best is a tie between Chig and Philips honestly. Both are hugely underrated and will contribute this year.

Worst is probably Theo. I get that he’s a Cruikshank replacement, but there were some other guys there I really liked.

I’m happy to see we have a diversity of opinion on best value. Shows to me we got some real upside 1-5. Needless to say we can live without McCreary, Willis or Petit-Frere not performing next season, but Burks is a must. He does not have to be AJ Brown but he has to be a plus offensively for us to go somewhere.

I’ve read so much on him with running back type instincts, I hope we get creative with ways to get him the ball (insert @KyTitansFan Downing comment here :) maybe the new dude from the Texans will do for us what Schwartz did defensively.

Idk about best and worst exactly.

I was really hoping we got Burks, and the value of the Willis pick towards the end of the 3rd round is huge.

Overall i liked our draft

Wanted to like the Burks pick more but still a sour taste from the AJ trade - woulda absolutely loved it A+ if AJ was still here and they still got Burks somehow.

Mcreary was like the Monty Rice pick … kinda meh. Didn’t fill a need and kinda tips their hand on Farley? Either way makes the unit even better so it’s whatever.

Almost everyone will like the Willis pick so that’s too easy.

I ended up loving the TE pick more than I thought I would - after hearing he was one of if not the fastest TE in this class. Sounds like he wasn’t used much in college though which should be the case with this franchise as well - but another weapon is welcomed.

Best- Konk and Pierre. Team actually needed TE and OL before the draft started.
Least- ask me after the next year or two.

I can honestly say, I’m not onboard that the willis pick was that great. He may turn out good but the fact he fell that far and all these comparisons to QB we know can’t win SB, I’m not sure how excited I should get.
I’m not sure the Titans needed a QB this year since the QB market wasn’t as stacked as some other years and we knew THill was going to be the starter. This COULD open the door to moving on from him next year but I’m not counting on Willis being the reason we move on.

Bring on the comments.

Based solely on value:

Best: Willis
Worst: McCreary

I would have taken Trent McDuffie with the first pick and made sure we got Christian Watson with our next.

McDuffie & Watson > Burks & McCreary

We will see who was right.

I'm not up enough on all of the players drafted to say best or worst, but from what I've seen so far the draft certainly turned out better that the dumpster fire it appeared to be Thursday night.
I have couple of takeaways from this if you read between the lines–
A.J. had great chemistry with Ryan, and unless they had issues we weren't aware of, I cannot imagine Robinson jeopardizing that with an A.J. trade unless they knew Tannehill's time here is now limited. At the very least, they are putting this squarely on Ryan to create chemistry with four new weapons he's never thrown a pass to before. I think it's possible, but I am suspect of Downing's offense. I hope they shake that up some with the new guy from the Texans added to the offensive staff. I also hope they are able to get better O-line production, otherwise it may be a frustrating season with a future star waiting in the wings.
For sure, if Tannehill is on the hot seat, Downing should be as well- we had a championship defense last year- best I can remember in Tennessee.

I like the Burks pick

I like the Willis pick for value

The McCreary pick was a headscratcher with better players available including a couple of DBs

The rest of the picks I don't know enough about

Tennessee Titans
A lot to unpack here. Dealing Pro Bowl WR A.J. Brown and trading up for Liberty QB Malik Willis strongly suggests this is a franchise trying to navigate a transition without descending into a rebuild. (And don't be surprised if fourth-round RB Hassan Haskins inherits Derrick Henry's job one day.) The AFC South champs will still run it back with Henry, QB Ryan Tannehill and Co. in 2022 – their ranks augmented by first-round WR Treylon Burks and second-round CB Roger McCreary – but also definitely the potential things get ... awkward? Grade: B

Last edited by a moderator:
Best pick: Malik purely on value. Easily the most talented QB in this class. Pure talent/athletic ability is on par with Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and Watson. And aside from age, I don't really see how he's any different of a prospect than Trey Lance, who went #3 overall just a year ago.

Worst pick: Honestly, not super happy with the McCreary pick. It isn't that I don't like McCreary, but I just thought that CB wasn't as much of a need as other positions. I also thought Booth was better too. The pick I wanted here was Trey McBride. But looking back Booth, McBride, and Ojabo are the only players I would have taken over McCreary at 35. Maybe Luke Goedeke too but we got Frere in the 3rd, so that cancels him out.

Best- Konk and Pierre. Team actually needed TE and OL before the draft started.
Least- ask me after the next year or two.

I can honestly say, I’m not onboard that the willis pick was that great. He may turn out good but the fact he fell that far and all these comparisons to QB we know can’t win SB, I’m not sure how excited I should get.
I’m not sure the Titans needed a QB this year since the QB market wasn’t as stacked as some other years and we knew THill was going to be the starter. This COULD open the door to moving on from him next year but I’m not counting on Willis being the reason we move on.

Bring on the comments.

Nobody has any doubts about willis talent. It's merely a question of whether he can harness it and learn the NFL game.

Hes in the perfect situation here. We don't need him to play a snap next season. Hell, he can sit the following season too if need be.

Its merely a question of coaching and work ethic really. If he works hard and we eventually tailor our offense to him, he can be really special.

I hope Tannehill takes him under his wing and shows him how to be a pro.

Best pick: Malik purely on value. Easily the most talented QB in this class. Pure talent/athletic ability is on par with Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and Watson. And aside from age, I don't really see how he's any different of a prospect than Trey Lance, who went #3 overall just a year ago.

Worst pick: Honestly, not super happy with the McCreary pick. It isn't that I don't like McCreary, but I just thought that CB wasn't as much of a need as other positions. I also thought Booth was better too. The pick I wanted here was Trey McBride. But looking back Booth, McBride, and Ojabo are the only players I would have taken over McCreary at 35. Maybe Luke Goedeke too but we got Frere in the 3rd, so that cancels him out.

Id have said the same about the McCreary pick... But watching the interviews, it's clear Jrob and vrabel just love the guy. I think hell end up being a great fit here, which is important.

I'm not putting Malik Willis as the best pick because it's too easy since a young, QB with upside has obvious franchise altering potential. He is a lottery ticket I'd desperately would love to see us cash in but we shall see in 2023.

I think McCreary in the second round is the best pick we made. His flexibility to play either nickle of outside and the physical style of press coverage he plays reminds me of Kristian Foulton. If he and Farley both play then this defense will be elite.

Worse pick for me would be Hassan Haskins. I like Haskins but I think we would have been better served taking Romep Doubs. I like Haskins though so it's nit picking a bit.

Best: Tie between Chig and Philips. Both were day 3 draft crushes for me.

Worst: McCreary. CB was a position where we had 3 starters already and our offense was depleted. Would have much rather seen IOL at this pick.

We make fun of JRob about how much he loves Olinemen, but I'm thinking DB may have overtaken his favorite position to draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best: Tie between Chig and Philips. Both were day 3 draft crushes for me.

Worst: McCreary. CB was a position where we had 3 starters already and our offense was depleted. Would have much rather seen IOL at this pick.

We make fun of JRon about how much he loves Olinemen, but I'm thinking DB may have overtaken his favorite position to draft.

Our DB room was missing Jenkins and Cruikshank from last yr….Farley is an unknown and Molden has his limitations in man coverage…DB was a need.

Brewer has started more games at OG than Farley has at CB…so technically we are more lacking for a proven starter at CB

Nobody has any doubts about willis talent. It's merely a question of whether he can harness it and learn the NFL game.

Hes in the perfect situation here. We don't need him to play a snap next season. Hell, he can sit the following season too if need be.

Its merely a question of coaching and work ethic really. If he works hard and we eventually tailor our offense to him, he can be really special.

I hope Tannehill takes him under his wing and shows him how to be a pro.
Tannehill reached out to Willis so that's good..he was getting critized for not welcoming him and Burks
https://titanswire.usatoday.com/202...-silence-welcomes-malik-willis-treylon-burks/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back