Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best: Tie between Chig and Philips. Both were day 3 draft crushes for me.

Worst: McCreary. CB was a position where we had 3 starters already and our offense was depleted. Would have much rather seen IOL at this pick.

We make fun of JRon about how much he loves Olinemen, but I'm thinking DB may have overtaken his favorite position to draft.

Nobody drafted an OL from 29 to 51. Then he started a run on 2nd round CB's and there was pretty big drop off by the time we picked again.

You can argue that we should have gotten a different dude in Gordon or Booth, but I think JRob played that part of the draft perfectly.

If you look at dynasties and superbowl teams, they generally have a top tier QB at the helm. Usually a top 10 pick from their draft class. I just can't get exited about a third round QB being our future. It just makes me think we will be mediocre for a decade if we don't have a superstud behind center. Maybe Willis is the next Russell Wilson (3rd round pick), but odds are not good.

If you look at dynasties and superbowl teams, they generally have a top tier QB at the helm. Usually a top 10 pick from their draft class. I just can't get exited about a third round QB being our future. It just makes me think we will be mediocre for a decade if we don't have a superstud behind center. Maybe Willis is the next Russell Wilson (3rd round pick), but odds are not good.

Maybe he's the next Joe Montana who was also taken in the 3rd? Maybe he's the next Brady who wasn't taken until the 6th. You know, actual dynasty quarterbacks.

Maybe he'll be another Young, Locker, Rosen, Quinn, Sanchez, Jones, Haskins, Darnold, Trubisky, Lynch et al, in which case only wasting a 3rd on him will be a bonus.

I don't have much hope for him, but the odds of him succeeding as a 3rd rounder aren't much more different than a 1st rounder.

Nobody drafted an OL from 29 to 51. Then he started a run on 2nd round CB's and there was pretty big drop off by the time we picked again.

You can argue that we should have gotten a different dude in Gordon or Booth, but I think JRob played that part of the draft perfectly.
That's fair regarding the OL and where they were drafted. We still could have had our pick of all the TEs or taken another WR.

My biggest issue with the whole draft is that we didn't take an IOL at all. Not sure Radunz is up to the task of starting right now but it looks like he's going to have to.

I wasn't huge on the McCreary pick, but after the years of us having to start guys like Breone Borders, Parrish Cox, and Jonathan Joseph, it's really nice to have the depth of talent that McCreary affords us.

In 2021 our 3rd and 4th CB's - Molden and Jackson - saw 58% and 35% of the total defensive snaps. At that rate, the 3rd corner is getting more snaps than any of our inside LB's (Long was the highest at 57%), and Jackson had the 11th most in snaps on defense. Both of those positions are essentially starters.

Also, we don't truly know what we have with Farley and with him coming off an injury. I expect Farley and McCreary could easily be dueling it out to see who will be the starter opposite Fulton.

The other thing that nobody wants to talk about is that Fulton has only played 19 of 33 games.

Everyone is saying that we may need it to be Fulton and McCreary. We may need it to be Farley and McCreary. Or McCreary and Skrine (or whoever else).

Brady and Wilson say hello

It’s not the round taken that matters. He was graded across the boards as a first rounder. He has the skills. What will determine his success is his work ethic, the talent around him and the coaches on staff. I don’t think Willis lacks in work ethic, I think the biggest thing that would hold him back is development which I feel like the Titans have lacked solid QB coaches in the past, hopefully there’s someone talented on staff to work with him.

Brady and Wilson say hello
That all you want to limit it to?

Aaron Rodgers
Dan Marino
Joe Montana
Jim Kelly
Warren moon
Fran tarkenton
Jonny U
Daryl lamonica
Bart Starr
Roger staubach
Ken Anderson
Ken stabler
Joe theismann
Norman esiason
Mark rypien
Brett favre
Rich Gannon
Matt hasselbeck
Ben roethlisberger
Drew Brees
Joe Flacco
Mark brunell
Kurt Warner
Randall Cunningham

I’m sure that’s not the exclusive list, some didn’t win a SB but were certainly the guy for their team that either took them there or had them competitive for multiple seasons.

That all you want to limit it to?

Aaron Rodgers
Dan Marino
Joe Montana
Jim Kelly
Warren moon
Fran tarkenton
Jonny U
Daryl lamonica
Bart Starr
Roger staubach
Ken Anderson
Ken stabler
Joe theismann
Norman esiason
Mark rypien
Brett favre
Rich Gannon
Matt hasselbeck
Ben roethlisberger
Drew Brees
Joe Flacco
Mark brunell
Kurt Warner
Randall Cunningham

I’m sure that’s not the exclusive list, some didn’t win a SB but were certainly the guy for their team that either took them there or had them competitive for multiple seasons.
No I just got lazy

The pick which made me feel better about the class as a whole was Okonkwo. For a position where we've had a lot of luck, we haven't addressed it in a meaningful way in 5 years. I felt like we needed to throw a lot of darts at the board in the offensive skill player category, as we're going to need someone to pan out.

The pick which made me feel better about the class as a whole was Okonkwo. For a position where we've had a lot of luck, we haven't addressed it in a meaningful way in 5 years. I felt like we needed to throw a lot of darts at the board in the offensive skill player category, as we're going to need someone to pan out.

Addressed in 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back