Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe a word of this. If the Titans wanted to move back into the first, the Titans would have moved back into the first.
Gotta have someone willing to deal.
I don't remember which team, but one of em said they planned on trading out but they couldn't when a player they thought wouldn't be there was there so they picked.

Looks like Titans may be trying to trade up for Levis now is the latest …
giphy.gif

Hooker vs Levis? To me it is not that close. Levis could not beat Clifford out at Penn State and he was awful at Ky, last year. Hooker does not make the mistakes, more mobile, more accurate, and appears to have his head on his shoulders a whole lot more than Levis. Other than a big arm, Levis has bust written all over him to me.

I hope we get wr and edge rusher today and do not take a qb. But if they do who do you guys like Hooker or Levis?

Hooker vs Levis? To me it is not that close. Levis could not beat Clifford out at Penn State and he was awful at Ky, last year. Hooker does not make the mistakes, more mobile, more accurate, and appears to have his head on his shoulders a whole lot more than Levis. Other than a big arm, Levis has bust written all over him to me.

I hope we get wr and edge rusher today and do not take a qb. But if they do who do you guys like Hooker or Levis?
Hooker if it's QB. I want them to get Meyer or Mingo with their 1st pick tonight.

I agree on Hooker if it's QB. People point out the offense he ran in college was "gimmicky" but he was super accurate and didn't make many mistakes. Who's to say he can't be accurate in the NFL also just because the offense in college wasn't traditional NFL style?

I agree on Hooker if it's QB. People point out the offense he ran in college was "gimmicky" but he was super accurate and didn't make many mistakes. Who's to say he can't be accurate in the NFL also just because the offense in college wasn't traditional NFL style?
The issue with the spread is all about reads and progressions. That’s why people get squeamish about translating their game to the NFL.

The issue with the spread is all about reads and progressions. That’s why people get squeamish about translating their game to the NFL.
Yeah.. watching highlights (and the games I watched) a lot of wide open receivers for him. But he seems to put it where it needs to be. Also see him "thread the needle" quite a bit and throw guys open by putting the ball where only his receivers have a chance.

Btw, I'm not a Vols homer...I barely watch college ball. I just feel like Hooker could work out in the NFL...to what degree, I don't know... But I'd be willing to give up a 2nd to find out IF QB was the pick.

Makes a lot of sense to take a QB this year with an aging Tannehill while they have a shot at one of the hyped QBs still. If it doesn't work out, you're in the same position as if you didn't take one.

Yeah.. watching highlights (and the games I watched) a lot of wide open receivers for him. But he seems to put it where it needs to be. Also see him "thread the needle" quite a bit and throw guys open by putting the ball where only his receivers have a chance.

Btw, I'm not a Vols homer...I barely watch college ball. I just feel like Hooker could work out in the NFL...to what degree, I don't know... But I'd be willing to give up a 2nd to find out IF QB was the pick.

Makes a lot of sense to take a QB this year with an aging Tannehill while they have a shot at one of the hyped QBs still. If it doesn't work out, you're in the same position as if you didn't take one.
I like Hooker too. Can’t necessarily discount him because of his college system. But, there will be a learning curve with him too.

At this point I just don't see us taking a QB with our 2nd rounder. If levis or Hooker drops to the 3rd it's more likely that we trade up and get them.

I define it as getting a player well after where most "experts" predicted they'd be drafted. It has nothing to do with how they turn out as a player, IMO.

I'm sure many see this differently.
I get it, but it should be evident that the “experts” don’t know anymore than fans.

I define “steal” as someone who outperforms their draft position based on what actual experts (ie NFL teams) think.

Levis was a real factor for the Colts at #4, if you can come out with him in the 2nd round that's just great draft process. And this ain't no Malik Willis ish, Levis is for real a first-round QB despite his flaws.
If that were true, he would have been drafted in the first round.

At this point I just don't see us taking a QB with our 2nd rounder. If levis or Hooker drops to the 3rd it's more likely that we trade up and get them.

I just think this is a good opportunity to take a shot on a QB. Tannehill won't be around for ever and it's likely the Titans won't be drafting this high again next year. So to get a QB next year it'll take some draft picks. Take a shot on a QB, see how he does sitting behind Tannehill for a year and then evaluate what needs to be done next off-season.

Kind of in a bad position having Willis as a back up anyway... Would at least hope to find a better backup at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back