Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's another tackle out of Northwestern. Drafted 13th overall a couple seasons ago. He has nearly the exact same measurables as Skoronski. And he was an All Pro as a rookie. That player is Rashawn Slater.

People need to get over the size thing. Jake Matthews is another guy with similar measurables to Skoronski and he's been a very good left tackle for nearly 10 years, even if he's never been elite.

Hey can someone text into Stillman for me today since I’m out of the country and can’t text him? Yesterday he kept talking about what position Skoronski would play. Guard or Tackle. Here’s what I wanted to message him:

During the draft a different tackle was selected and the person on stage reading the card introduced them as a guard. One of the announcers asked Daniel Jeremiah why they introduced him as a guard instead of a tackle when they read his name. DJ said that the TEAM selecting the player actually writes down the position on the card, and that’s how you know how they foresee the player playing for them. Skoronski was announced as a tackle.
But omg his wingspan is 5/8th inch short of being a Tackle! How could he ever overcome that?!
So you mean the Titans were not stupid enough to use pick 11 and announce they used that pick for a guard? I mean, thats something I guess, but I wouldnt have announced to the world I just used an 11 pick for a guard either, that would be embarrassing AF.

He will probably play LG this year because that is where the need is. Dillard is a poor fit at Guard and, as it stands, Dillard is one of our 5 best OL and that is the best fit for all. that can change in future years. Skoronski could also end up at C, he can play anywhere on the line and will probably be LG first.

There's another tackle out of Northwestern. Drafted 13th overall a couple seasons ago. He has nearly the exact same measurables as Skoronski. And he was an All Pro as a rookie. That player is Rashawn Slater.

People need to get over the size thing. Jake Matthews is another guy with similar measurables to Skoronski and he's been a very good left tackle for nearly 10 years, even if he's never been elite.
You aren't kidding. His draft profile looks like a copy/paste for Skoronski:

Rashawn Slater Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

He will probably play LG this year because that is where the need is. Dillard is a poor fit at Guard and, as it stands, Dillard is one of our 5 best OL and that is the best fit for all. that can change in future years. Skoronski could also end up at C, he can play anywhere on the line and will probably be LG first.
I would definitely try Skoronski - NPF - Brewer - Brunskill - Dillard

Let’s not forget Duncan, Jones and Levin could all push for a starting position. Nothing is guaranteed for any of these guys. Vrable said it himself that all five spots are up for grabs including NPF at RT.

I would definitely try Skoronski - NPF - Brewer - Brunskill - Dillard

Let’s not forget Duncan, Jones and Levin could all push for a starting position. Nothing is guaranteed for any of these guys. Vrabel said it himself that all five spots are up for grabs including NPF at RT.

NPF is not ideal for guard either. They aren't going to put people out of position because the idea of using a first on a guy who plays guard, even if it's only a couple seasons, gives some fans the vapors.

7leuoh.jpg

This has become one of the weirdest arguments threads around.

Ive never seen so much talk about the length of a man’s arms or the attachment to his potential talent level relating to the length of said arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think you are correct. Have no issues where he lines up, just waiting on seeing this dude play. Pretty real good feeling we got a Titan. I was driving home from work when we picked, and was thinking NO on QB! Happy as Hammer when I got home. Immediately thought Ran gets a day before I chit all over him.

Think you are correct. Have no issues where he lines up, just waiting on seeing this dude play. Pretty real good feeling we got a Titan. I was driving home from work when we picked, and was thinking NO on QB! Happy as Hammer when I got home. Immediately thought Ran gets a day before I chit all over him.

You can have a decent LT or an All Pro Guard

Small arms equate to portable firearms, especially rifles, pistols, and light machine guns, which in a boss fight against the G-virus, don't get you through the bloody mess. Been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back