Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why the Titans drafted him instead of picking him up later. If you had an undrafted offer from the Chiefs, Colts, Ravens or Titans, where would you go?

Well, I might go to the team with an empty WR room that happens to be located 20 miles from my momma's house, rather than battle the 14 guys ahead of me in KC or Baltimore.

But certainly better to use a 7th and remove all doubt.

I think the Titans had a couple receivers in the 3rd that just didn't fall to them. They were within 5-15 picks of both Hyatt and Tillman. Regardless this is the kind of guy you take a 7th round flyer on. has all the measurables to be a decent WR but more the likely he is gone in 2 yrs. At least he had some college production this last year and played well against Tennessee.
Technically they did have some good receivers fall to THEM. They just gave away THEIR pick to trade up for a QB, who I'm not so sure wouldn't have been there at 41. If Detroit was that eager for a QB, they probably would have drafted Hooker right after us or at least with their 2nd pick in the 2nd round. Instead they were fine waiting until the 3rd.

Levis at 41 and then Hyatt or Tillman in the 3rd was a real possibility.

Technically they did have some good receivers fall to THEM. They just gave away THEIR pick to trade up for a QB, who I'm not sure sure wouldn't have been there at 41. If Detroit was that eager for a QB they probably would have drafted Hooker right after us or at least with their 2nd pick in the 2nd round. Instead they were fine waiting until the 3rd.

Levis at 41 and then Hyatt or Tillman in the 3rd was a real possibility.
We chose our QB of the future over someone for our current QB to throw to

We chose our QB of the future over someone for our current QB to throw to
I'm going to say this often. Entered the draft with a ton of holes and left with 1 starter.

Totally punting on 2023. My only hope now is, Levis ends up being the guy and we suck enough to draft Marvin Harrison Jr.

I'm going to say this often. Entered the draft with a ton of holes and left with 1 starter.

Totally punting on 2023. My only hope now is, Levis ends up being the guy and we suck enough to draft Marvin Harrison Jr.
Could be exactly what Vrabel and JRan had in mind...the draft didn't make alot of sense outside of Pick 11

He'd never have made it to 41. The Lions were the next pick with the Raiders following him. Both needed QB and both drafted one the next round.
Well that's my point. They both waited until the next round. It's all speculation at this point, but my though is, anyone who would have drafted Levis in the second, wouldn't have waited to then take Hooker. They were the last 2 QBs worth taking at that point. If one gets snatched away from you, you take the other before its too late. The fact Detroit passed on Hooker twice after that, tells me they probably would have passed on Levis too, while both were on the board.

I could be wrong. No way to know now. Either way, I would have much preferred to stay at 41, miss out on Levis, then do something like Ojulari or Musgrave at 41 and Hyatt in the 3rd.

He'd never have made it to 41. The Lions were the next pick with the Raiders following him. Both needed QB and both drafted one the next round.
The Raiders traded up for Mayer. That was their target in the 2nd. Don't think they would have gone Levis. They didn't draft a QB until the last pick in the 4th. Which again is my point.. once the top 4 guys were off the board, there was a run on QBs in the 4th.

Raiders made 3 picks before pulling the trigger on a QB. They did it after the run on tier 3 guys.

Now tanking for WR is an idea.

since tanking for QB is a proven failed strategy, im sure tanking for WR will have even less success.

No way to know now. Either way, I would have much preferred to stay at 41
Exactly. Once someone is off the board, everything changes so it's total speculation as to who either team takes if Levis is still available.

But I do believe that is why Ran traded into that position.

since tanking for QB is a proven failed strategy, im sure tanking for WR will have even less success.
It's not tanking in the sense of losing games on purpose. It's strategically focusing on building a roster for the "future", instead of the present. Do you honestly believe drafting a QB and RB on day 2 of draft is to win the division in 2023 make a playoff run?

47dcdede-f7d0-4eb2-b672-a20c0832837a-LIONS_MANAGEMENT.JPG

Wide Receiver!

It's not tanking in the sense of losing games on purpose. It's strategically focusing on building a roster for the "future", instead of the present. Do you honestly believe drafting a QB and RB on day 2 of draft is to win the division in 2023 make a playoff run?
Hoping to lose for any draft pick is stupid.

I believe TN was already a competitive playoff team. The draft helped. They need to not lead the league in injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back