Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he answered the way he did. Everyone in the media needs to shut up about it, and quit fishing for a story - He is healthy. If it becomes an issue, the media can do all the speculating they want, they sure as hell don't need help in that department...........

No player is going to come out and say something that could A. gamble his playing time. B. affect his team-mate's perception, and worse..... C. affect his wallet....
The media wanted so bad for him to say he has no ACL at all in either/or knee -- why? Because it would light up Twitter and etc. and make that personality more famous for all the wrong reasons.

Way to indirectly give the media the middle finger, Tyg.
I disagree. It's so stupid to pretend it's a non-issue. It may end up being a small-deal, but it's definitely NOT a no-deal. As "healthy" as he may be, it potentially cost him millions of dollar and it may cost him a lengthy career. He has the opportunity to turn it into less of an issue by being transparent and addressing the situation head on. Clearly this isn't common, but he can come out and say things like...
I've known for X long
I've done A, B, C to strengthen muscles around it
Doctors have said Y, Z.
He can give examples of other players with the same situation

By being up front and knowledgeable, he can put a lot of the concern to rest. Instead, we're going to pretend like it's normal and keep everyone in the dark. It's the Trylon Burks situation again, but worse. Just say the kid has asthma and put all the stupidity and speculation to rest.

I disagree. It's so stupid to pretend it's a non-issue. It may end up being a small-deal, but it's definitely NOT a no-deal. As "healthy" as he may be, it potentially cost him millions of dollar and it may cost him a lengthy career. He has the opportunity to turn it into less of an issue by being transparent and addressing the situation head on. Clearly this isn't common, but he can come out and say things like...
I've known for X long
Doctors have said Y, Z.

By being up front and knowledgeable, he can put a lot of the concern to rest. Instead, we're going to pretend like it's normal and keep everyone in the dark. It's the Trylon Burks situation again, but worse. Just say the kid has asthma and put all the stupidity and speculation to rest.
I don’t understand your point. It isn’t in the dark at all, everyone does know about it, including the team that drafted him. He said exactly the right thing. He’s cool, team’s cool, and he now has a great nickname in Kickstand! It’s perfect. Only reason for the multiple questions was sinister in nature to get a story. Glad he pissed on em.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've known for X long
Doctors have said Y, Z.

He has no reason to tell everyone his life story. He was healthy enough to have a pretty damn good season last year in college. He can obviously do what he needs to do on the field. That's all that matters.

He has no reason to tell everyone his life story. He was healthy enough to have a pretty damn good season last year in college. He can obviously do what he needs to do on the field. That's all that matters.
His life story?! He's officially getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport in front of an audience. You talk about your injuries and things that could affect you on the field. It's part of the job. It's not like they're asking about growing up in an abusive family or his sexual orientation.

His life story?! He's officially getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport in front of an audience. You talk about your injuries and things that could affect you on the field. It's part of the job. It's not like they're asking about growing up in an abusive family or his sexual orientation.
Affect him on the field? He's coming off a 1580 yd 19 TD season....it's stupid to bring it up after that production

I think people care about superstars stories, not middle drafted guys who have played zero NFL and came out of Tulane.
A simple, “it’s not an issue” is all he should offer and considering how annoyed he probably is after getting asked about it 10k times, I’d expect no less of an angry response.

I've known for X long
Doctors have said Y, Z.

Objection. Speculation...

I've known for X long
Doctors have said Y, Z.

The thing is he has explained it. To the people he needs to. It isn’t YOU. His employer knows what they need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back