Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The priority going into the draft should have been OL and WR...not a QB...if they are done with Willis, sign a vet to back up Tannehill or step in if he's hurt again... someone like Gardner Minshew.
41 was a good spot to get a WR...as it turns out so was 72
I know this may be a tough concept, but what we as fans think is the priority is not always what the staff see as priority. They take the criticism when that doesn’t match and doesn’t pan out.

separately, you specifically, stating QB wasn’t the priority goes against entire threads based around which QB and how TN should acquire one in this draft.
I personally agree with you, but we are the minority in the QB not being a priority mindset prior to the draft.

I also think Minshew is about to be starter in Indy until they’re ready to throw Richardson in there.

I know this may be a tough concept, but what we as fans think is the priority is not always what the staff see as priority. They take the criticism when that doesn’t match and doesn’t pan out.

separately, you specifically, stating QB wasn’t the priority goes against entire threads based around which QB and how TN should acquire one in this draft.
I personally agree with you, but we are the minority in the QB not being a priority mindset prior to the draft.

I also think Minshew is about to be starter in Indy until they’re ready to throw Richardson in there.
It's a fan message board, we all have our opinions lol...it was the shiny new toy idea of taking a QB....personally I would have picked up a vet in FA to backup Tannehill. Obviously Willis isn't ready. Use the money from the cuts to sign a vet WR.
Keep hearing Kelly's offense will open up the passing game...but yet WR wasn't addressed in FA or the draft.
There has to be something in the works.

It's a fan message board, we all have our opinions lol...it was the shiny new toy idea of taking a QB....personally I would have picked up a vet in FA to backup Tannehill. Obviously Willis isn't ready. Use the money from the cuts to sign a vet WR.
Keep hearing Kelly's offense will open up the passing game...but yet WR wasn't addressed in FA or the draft.
I think I was onboard rolling the dice with THill and Willis this year even though willis is horrible.

I wanted to see a bulk of OL which we got, but another WR and TE would have been ideal.

we’ll see what the plan is, and I’m glad to see an attempt with the UDFA even if those guys weren’t good enough to get drafted. Sometimes you just never know who’s going to actually contribute.
For now, I’m rooting for jeans and bike parts to succeed. Hopefully they weren’t wasted picks.

Malik being so terrible put us in an awful position this year. I didn’t like how we went about it, but I can understand the move.

Malik being so terrible put us in an awful position this year. I didn’t like how we went about it, but I can understand the move.
Not really for this year...we should have signed a vet FA, Malik could be #3 or PS
We missed on WRs because of the trade up for Levis...next year we don't have alot of draft picks but tons of cap

The Titans definitely have at least five picks in next year’s draft, with one in the first, second and fourth rounds, along with two in the seventh. They may have a third seventh-round selection, but that depends upon the conditional terms of the trade for Tyree Gillespie with the Las Vegas Raiders

Not really for this year...we should have signed a vet FA, Malik could be #3 or PS
We missed on WRs because of the trade up for Levis...next year we don't have alot of draft picks but tons of cap

The Titans definitely have at least five picks in next year’s draft, with one in the first, second and fourth rounds, along with two in the seventh. They may have a third seventh-round selection, but that depends upon the conditional terms of the trade for Tyree Gillespie with the Las Vegas Raiders
Oh I agree with you, but even a bit of competent play puts us in the post season last year. Maybe they are thinking they don’t want a repeat, and weren’t really interested in a stopgap backup.

That’s interesting. So (non-Vols only), would you rather have Levis and Spears or Hooker and Hyatt/Tillman (and our 2024 3rd)?
Non-vols fan. I'll go Hooker/Hyatt but not because I like one QB over the other. I didn't want either. It's just the less costly option and I bought into some of the Hyatt upside hype.

With 20/20 vision though, I think I'd go Ojulari then Hyatt.

In real time, it would have been Hyatt and Darnell Washington.

That’s interesting. So (non-Vols only), would you rather have Levis and Spears or Hooker and Hyatt/Tillman (and our 2024 3rd)?
If those were the only options, then Hooker and Hyatt. But I wouldnt have taken Levis or Hooker. Next season I would be going all out for a qb, this season I would have done either more trading for future draft capital or o-line/wrs.

So we didn't resign David Long because he was a "repeat offender" with injuries. But we go out and draft a RB with no ACL and arthritis in his knee??

The Titans would legit be better off to hire someone on this message board to be GM and make these decisions. I'm sure any one of us would be better than what they've had in the last 10+ years, plus do it for like 10% of the current GM's salary.

(*gets off soapbox*)

So we didn't resign David Long because he was a "repeat offender" with injuries. But we go out and draft a RB with no ACL and arthritis in his knee??

The Titans would legit be better off to hire someone on this message board to be GM and make these decisions. I'm sure any one of us would be better than what they've had in the last 10+ years, plus do it for like 10% of the current GM's salary.

(*gets off soapbox*)
@KyTitansFan another call for your hiring

(*gets off soapbox*)

Who isn’t injured and preforming at a top level. Why is everyone freaked out because he might not get a 2nd contract. Who cares.

No one in here would be better. Not even close.

(*gets off soapbox*)
Post Reese GoTItans better than Titans 100%

Spears became my favorite rookie over the weekend. I loved his intensity during his press conference. What I liked best is that he was asked like 4 times in a row about his knee and replied with "I'm healthy." The last time, Kuharsky asked if he had an ACL in his knee or not and Spears basically stared down PK and was like "I'M HEALTHY."

Spears became my favorite rookie over the weekend. I loved his intensity during his press conference. What I liked best is that he was asked like 4 times in a row about his knee and replied with "I'm healthy." The last time, Kuharsky asked if he had an ACL in his knee or not and Spears basically stared down PK and was like "I'M HEALTHY."
PK is a douchebag

At this point as long as it's not bone on bone in that knee he should be fine, he's making the cuts in practice on it and he played with it in college he looks fine. It's not like he's gonna carry the ball 20+ times a game anyways, hell his touches are more than likely gonna be less now versus college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back