Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spears looks like a legit playmaker and I’m excited to see what he can do on the field. However, like everyone else here, I think this was a bad pick for the Titans.

1. Far bigger needs at other positions
2. The knee means a short career
3. If you were going to go RB, there were other good players left and you could’ve waited.
Drafted after Spears:
Roschon Johnson
Tank Bigsby
Devon Achane
Very good post.

He seems to have a penchant for drafting the wounded underdogs.

I thought it was JRob, but I see now it's Vrabel trying to be cute. At least it worked out with Simmons, but what's his success rate? 1 in 5?

That's a lot of wasted picks, but I'm not Amy.
Yep, everyone wants to blame JRob and I keep saying, everything has Vrabel's hands all over it. JRob was a scapegoat. Vrabel wanted, JRob got, Vrabel blamed JRob. We are seeing the exact same patterns in this draft with JRob gone.

When Jrob actually did go against Vrabel (trading AJ) Vrabel flipped his shit and made it publicly clear he had a problem with it and JRob got fired.... you better believe if JRob was going against Vrabel prior to that, Vrabel would have been showing his ass every chance he got.

Looking at his college days, it doesn't look like the knee slows him down or prevents him from cutting pretty well. Some talking heads think he's Henrys replacement.

Honestly, if we get 3 pretty good years out of him as a 3rd round picks, that's decent. Would have rather had a WR there but if they really think he can be a starter after Henry is gone, why not take a shot?
cause there were WRs available in the third

I think Tyjae was the best RB left on the board. He fits us very well, if Henry were to be traded or not get re-signed after the season.

His injury concerns are very real, but, I am of the mind that we should NOT be giving RBs 2nd contracts anyways, so I can live with it.

we missed the run on WRs, all of the decent WR prospects were gone by this pick. unless we traded up none of the remaining WRs were worth taking here, imo
or even better, had we not traded up to get Levis we would have had our pick of those 3 WRs that went between 72 and 81. We gave up our chance at WR to take Levis. Now we will see if that pays off. I personally dont think it will. I would have rather had the WR and tried for a QB next season.

or even better, had we not traded up to get Levis we would have had our pick of those 3 WRs that went between 72 and 81. We gave up our chance at WR to take Levis. Now we will see if that pays off. I personally dont think it will. I would have rather had the WR and tried for a QB next season.
For success this coming season, I agree.

I'm surprised that modern medicine hasn't created a synthetic material that mimics a tendon and is more malleable than a biological one. I imagine if they did a lot players would probably opt to have ligaments, like in the knees, replaced.

I'm all for getting your qb if you think he is the guy. I will hold judgement on the Levis pick. Personally didn't want him but he's our future now so might as well support him.

Also, I hated this WR class so I'm not too upset about missing out on anyone.

zero reason not to get a QB in 24... if you think he is the guy

This is a hindsight argument and the either/or situation IF that run on WRs was known.

the thought was Jeans (levis) wouldn’t make it their pick in the 2nd. At the risk they could lose a player or 2 in the 9 picks they dropped in the 3rd. For all we know, they wanted any of those WR that went in those 9 picks thinking at least 1 would make it that much farther.

Cant criticize in hindsight when no one knows at the time unless there is some sort of proof that they never cared about the WR and “knew” Spears would drop 9 more spots without sweating (because of the 1 leg and all).

This is a hindsight argument and the either/or situation IF that run on WRs was known.

the thought was Jeans (levis) wouldn’t make it their pick in the 2nd. At the risk they could lose a player or 2 in the 9 picks they dropped in the 3rd. For all we know, they wanted any of those WR that went in those 9 picks thinking at least 1 would make it that much farther.

Cant criticize in hindsight when no one knows at the time unless there is some sort of proof that they never cared about the WR and “knew” Spears would drop 9 more spots without sweating (because of the 1 leg and all).
The priority going into the draft should have been OL and WR...not a QB...if they are done with Willis, sign a vet to back up Tannehill or step in if he's hurt again... someone like Gardner Minshew.
41 was a good spot to get a WR...as it turns out so was 72

That’s interesting. So (non-Vols only), would you rather have Levis and Spears or Hooker and Hyatt/Tillman (and our 2024 3rd)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back