Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a very talented player, but the more I think about it the more I realize this isn't going to end well.

After all, a paper cut places our players on IR these days. Figured we would've learned our lesson by now.

3rd round was just way too risky for a pick like this.

Looking at his college days, it doesn't look like the knee slows him down or prevents him from cutting pretty well. Some talking heads think he's Henrys replacement.

Honestly, if we get 3 pretty good years out of him as a 3rd round picks, that's decent. Would have rather had a WR there but if they really think he can be a starter after Henry is gone, why not take a shot?

Honestly, if we get 3 pretty good years out of him as a 3rd round picks, that's decent. Would have rather had a WR there but if they really think he can be a starter after Henry is gone, why not take a shot?
no it's not lol. We have more holes than Swiss cheese and our third round pick we spend on our strongest position, which also happens to be the least valuable position in the NFL currently. And to top it all off the guy is going to age like a fine milk. This pick is AWFUL.

no it's not lol. We have more holes than Swiss cheese and our third round pick we spend on our strongest position, which also happens to be the least valuable position in the NFL currently. And to top it all off the guy is going to age like a fine milk. This pick is AWFUL.

If he's good enough to replace Henry (who may likely be in his last year as a Titan) you still think a 3rd pick is too much?

I don't mean replacing Henrys production, obviously... But if he can spell Henry this season and then churn out a couple of 1k yard seasons, that's not worth a 3rd round picks?

Very low probability that he becomes a starter. But it's not much higher getting a starting WR in the 3rd round.

A RB was picked, so other positions aside, if a 3rd round RB is pretty good for 3 years, that's a win.

If he's good enough to replace Henry (who may likely be in his last year as a Titan) you still think a 3rd pick is too much?

I don't mean replacing Henrys production, obviously... But if he can spell Henry this season and then churn out a couple of 1k yard seasons, that's not worth a 3rd round picks?

Very low probability that he becomes a starter. But it's not much higher getting a starting WR in the 3rd round.

A RB was picked, so other positions aside, if a 3rd round RB is pretty good for 3 years, that's a win.
Yes. We got Foreman for pennies and he replicated Henry's production when he was out almost identically.

No. Hilliard was just fine spelling henry last season.

No. It's not. Swift went for a forth and has an acl....

Yes. We got Foreman for pennies and he replicated Henry's production when he was out almost identically.

No. Hilliard was just fine spelling henry last season.

No. It's not. Swift went for a forth and has an acl....

Ok... But any other player chosen in the 3rd round would have a 25% chance of less of becoming a starter. RBs was like 16% from 04'-14' . That's my point...we're putting a lot of emphasis on a round that typically doesnt produce many starters anyway. One article I read said that UDFA start more than rounds 3-7. (Much bigger pool of UDFAs tho)

So a BIG IF this guy is a starter at some point..even if it's at RB, it's not a terrible pick.

Probably won't be a starter...chances are what ever other 3rd rounder wouldnt have been either.

Ok... But any other player chosen in the 3rd round would have a 25% chance of less of becoming a starter. RBs was like 16% from 04'-14' . That's my point...we're putting a lot of emphasis on a round that typically doesnt produce many starters anyway. One article I read said that UDFA start more than rounds 3-7. (Much bigger pool of UDFAs tho)

So a BIG IF this guy is a starter at some point..even if it's at RB, it's not a terrible pick.

Probably won't be a starter...chances are what ever other 3rd rounder wouldnt have been either.
But it's a position we don't need, doesn't matter, is easily replaceable and at best will only last a very short amount of time. Like if everything goes right with this pick it's still absolute trash.

buttheads-butthead.gif

You found 1. … and they are who? Couldn’t be more wrong about moving up to get Levis. Absolutely dead wrong. They don’t like Levis… period. They clearly have a bone to pick with the team and ownership.
Regardless of 1 or 10, it's not "everyone" like you stated was my point, they hit in a number of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back