Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really hoping for Josh Downs but the Colts snagged him.
Don’t understand taking a RB here. And if you are taking an RB I would’ve preferred Tank Bigsby from Auburn

Tank had 1st round vibes all over him his freshman year. He really fell off, but Achane or Bigsby would've been a better choice.

Struck a cord with that little be questioning a draft in which he’s giving Vrabel all the power and Ran is only watching.

I think most like rd 1, rd 2 is a ? Although doesn’t seem overwhelming disappointment, maybe close to 50/50, rd 3 was RB which everyone questions with so many other needs.
Agreed, I get picks 1 and 2 BUT that 3rd pick is like a huge WTF moment knowing our need at WR.

I've always thought RB was an underrated need for us. We lacked a legit 3rd down back and Henry needs someone who can take some carries off his back. But this pick reeks of those flashy 49ers RBs who are always injured.
You mean those flashy undrafted free agents or other team's castoffs that became really really productive? Only time in recent history they drafted someone high was Trenton Cannon and he was immediately benched for a no-name and did he even play in a game?

You mean those flashy undrafted free agents or other team's castoffs that became really really productive? Only time in recent history they drafted someone high was Trenton Cannon and he was immediately benched for a no-name and did he even play in a game?
2021 Elijah Mitchell 6th round

Only way drafting a RB here makes sense to me is if we already know we're trading Henry for a WR. Kind of how like 2 years ago we didn't draft a WR high, but I'm pretty sure it was because the agreement for Julio was already in place for after the draft.

But who? Hopkins? I wouldn't love that. Judy?

That said, I still don't love the player. Seems like a reach.

True. That's an easy fix that doesn't cost you a 3rd round draft pick, especially when you don't have a 4th and this team is swiss cheese.
Sure. Hilliard would also cost more. Spears has a much greater ceiling than Hilliard for a cheaper price. This kid is a straight baller. Even if there is an issue that would shorten Spears’ career, it’s a gamble the team was willing to take. I’m sure this issue wasn’t just unknown to the FO. They seem to be ok with it. Who are we to think we know more sitting at home on our couches? Give it a chance. Might work out.

Sure. Hilliard would also cost more. Spears has a much greater ceiling than Hilliard for a cheaper price. This kid is a straight baller. Even if there is an issue that would shorten Spears’ career, it’s a gamble the team was willing to take. I’m sure this issue wasn’t just unknown to the FO. They seem to be ok with it. Who are we to think we know more sitting at home on our couches? Give it a chance. Might work out.
From my couch I can see we need WRs

You don't want to be giving RBs second contracts anyway. I like that they are moving on from this old mindset of having the offense revolve around a running back. And Carthon will be able to pluck guys in the mid rounds that fit our scheme for days.

From my couch I can see we need WRs
Lol you act like there’s a string of fantastic WRs all over this draft. After the top 4, there was a significant drop off in talent. This class was not deep at all and it is well known. We might still pick up a vet or two. The draft isn’t the end. It’ll be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back