Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth are we drafting a RB in the top 3 rounds with our WR and other needs? Just baffling....

Hate to be prickly here, but Carthon has been pretty underwhelming to me so far. Hopefully I will need to eat those words later LOL.

The more I look at Spears, the more I like this pick.

We've been so blessed with George, Johnson and Henry. I think Spears carries the tradition. Guy is insane in the open field.

Definitely can see why we got him this early.

Hopefully he's enough to cut sorry ass Haskins. What a waste of a 4th round pick he is.
I just want to say I appreciate this post. Every year when the inexplicable RB selection happens, some optimistic soul helps bring the mob back to earth.
It’s paid off with our gems like Haskins, Darrynton Evans, steal 7th rounder Muhammad, David Cobb, and of course, the Bishop.
every one of these guys solved the KR problem, the 3rd down back problem, the change of pace problem, and the receiving out of the backfield problem.

we are blessed.

Why on earth are we drafting a RB in the top 3 rounds with our WR and other needs? Just baffling....

Hate to be prickly here, but Carthon has been pretty underwhelming to me so far. Hopefully I will need to eat those words later LOL.

I likes the first two picks. The third is absolutely rachet.

I wonder if this means the king only has one more year.

Early in the draft process it was reported that the Titans spent extra time with Spears at the combine and at his pro-day.

Tulane played 4 ranked teams this yr and Spears had 82 carries for 715yds... that is 8.7ypc.

The pick of Levis and Spears gives the Titans some leverage if they want to negotiate an extension for either Henry or Tanny. Both those guys just saw how unkind the FA market is for RBs and QBs. Or if Titans want to move on from them after this yr we are planning ahead.

I just want to say I appreciate this post. Every year when the inexplicable RB selection happens, some optimistic soul helps bring the mob back to earth.
It’s paid off with our gems like Haskins, Darrynton Evans, steal 7th rounder Muhammad, David Cobb, and of course, the Bishop.
every one of these guys solved the KR problem, the 3rd down back problem, the change of pace problem, and the receiving out of the backfield problem.

we are blessed.

I liked and then unliked this post, JUST SO I COULD LIKE IT AGAIN!

I liked and then unliked this post, JUST SO I COULD LIKE IT AGAIN!
Absolutely. I almost forgot about Darius Reynaud and his amazing KR ability. 1st game of the season too! :biglaugh:

Edit:
Sorry, it was Reynaud, not Sankey

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. I almost forgot about Darius Reynaud and his amazing KR ability. 1st game of the season too! :biglaugh:

Edit:
Sorry, it was Reynaud, not Sankey
Against F’ing Pit to kick off the league’s season.

what’s crazy is he’s the last returner I can recall with any value.

Early in the draft process it was reported that the Titans spent extra time with Spears at the combine and at his pro-day.

Tulane played 4 ranked teams this yr and Spears had 82 carries for 715yds... that is 8.7ypc.

The pick of Levis and Spears gives the Titans some leverage if they want to negotiate an extension for either Henry or Tanny. Both those guys just saw how unkind the FA market is for RBs and QBs. Or if Titans want to move on from them after this yr we are planning ahead.
So a 5-11 195lb RB taken too early is Henry's replacement?

I likes the first two picks. The third is absolutely rachet.

I wonder if this means the king only has one more year.
This actually made me wonder if there was already some sort of verbal agreement in place to trade Henry. Only way this makes sense in my head. Even then, seems like a high risk pick.

Against F’ing Pit to kick off the league’s season.

what’s crazy is he’s the last returner I can recall with any value.
I was at that game. First time in Pittsburg. Used it to meet up with a random Tinder girl whom I had previously matched with in Chicago. She was a Pitt fan.
Ahh... memories!

Tajaes knee is fine. Dude was AAC offensive player of the year on that knee. He’s got all kinds of Kamara-esqu versatility and will be a big contributor in the passing game.
Imagine defenders having to switch their mindset and speed between trying to tackle a shifty speedster like Tajae and a freight train like Henry. Gonna be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back