Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought RB was an underrated need for us. We lacked a legit 3rd down back and Henry needs someone who can take some carries off his back. But this pick reeks of those flashy 49ers RBs who are always injured.

All of those who were fooled by the Vrabel :"it aint me, i t is all JROB fault"... open your eyes. No JRob and the exact same crap going on.. Vrabel has been the man all along and he is just good at blaming others and scapegoating. This draft is ass so far and Ran is Vrabel's yes man..

Newsflash.. Henry will be on the bench on 3rd and shorts again.

This is our best usr of a draft pick of this draft so far...

I mean, we had to take a guard in the first, and TRADE UP for an INT machine nobody wanted in the 2nd to make that a true statement, but it is a true statement.

Burks 33
McMath 4
Kinsey 3
Phillips 8
Moore 116
Hyphen has 68

Jesus Christ what a poverty wr corps.
How about a little more perspective - Tannehill has the same amount of career receiving TDs as Burks, McMath, Kinsey, and Phillips COMBINED. Total of 1. And Tannehill has done it on just 4 receptions.

Getting back on topic,
This pick is certainly a head scratcher to me. I didn’t see the immediate need here unless there are some upcoming trades that are kept quiet. Who knows but maybe they will actually have multiple RBs on the field at the same time? You know, a running and receiving back together so the defense has to figure out the plan to create a mismatch with Spears if he motions out - or and get this - he motions out having one less LB in the box for Henry to get through.

That’s all I can come up on this one.

In 2022 Tyjae had 22 receptions
In 2021 Tyjae had 19 receptions
In 2020 Tyjae had 2 receptions
In 2019 Tyjae had 5 receptions

In 2022 Henry had 33 receptions
In 2021 Henry had 18 receptions
In 2020 Henry had 19 receptions
In 2019 Henry had 18 receptions

Not sure how much of a receiving threat Tyjae really is especially with all the knee issues.

Was really hoping for Josh Downs but the Colts snagged him.
Don’t understand taking a RB here. And if you are taking an RB I would’ve preferred Tank Bigsby from Auburn

Hopefully Boutte makes it to 142
Gonna be stupid if we leave this draft without a WR that can contribute
The reporters set Rans and Vrables seats on fire last night for picking a RB with one good knee before drafting a WR. I'm sure AAS is seeing the dissatisfaction from the fans. I'm still wondering if they even knew about his medical condition.

The reporters set Rans and Vrables seats on fire last night for picking a RB with one good knee before drafting a WR. I'm sure AAS is seeing the dissatisfaction from the fans. I'm still wondering if they even knew about his medical condition.
It's their job to know about a medical condition like this isn't it?
I'm still wondering how you can play with no ACL??
Rightfully so they got blasted about the pick vs a WR

It's their job to know about a medical condition like this isn't it?
I'm still wondering how you can play with no ACL??
Rightfully so they got blasted about the pick vs a WR
Both of them had this attitude of "can't believe yall are questioning us about these picks". Arrogant ass hats, both of them.

You guys are freaking nuts on this board! Vrabel takes us from nothing to the AFC Championship game and the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years and he gets absolutely no love from most of you. He’s extremely intelligent and he knows what he’s doing. That’s coming from his peers and actual experts of the game. They drafted a can’t miss offensive lineman in the first and took a swing on a QB who could possibly be a franchise QB. Drafting QBs is an in exact science. Just look at the numbers! I wasn’t happy with the rb selection in the 3rd but I believe in Vrabel and I know damn well he knows more than myself and all you guys combined. They know we need WRs! It was a bunch of tiny guys and the rest were crap shoots. Hopefully next year we’ll be able to build that position. This year will be more of the same and with an improved oline maybe we can get back to successfully running the ball and hitting them with the play action. Chill the f*^# out!

You guys are freaking nuts on this board! Vrabel takes us from nothing to the AFC Championship game and the playoffs in 3 out of 4 years and he gets absolutely no love from most of you. He’s extremely intelligent and he knows what he’s doing. That’s coming from his peers and actual experts of the game. They drafted a can’t miss offensive lineman in the first and took a swing on a QB who could possibly be a franchise QB. Drafting QBs is an in exact science. Just look at the numbers! I wasn’t happy with the rb selection in the 3rd but I believe in Vrabel and I know damn well he knows more than myself and all you guys combined. They know we need WRs! It was a bunch of tiny guys and the rest were crap shoots. Hopefully next year we’ll be able to build that position. This year will be more of the same and with an improved oline maybe we can get back to successfully running the ball and hitting them with the play action. Chill the f*^# out!
“Roll the dice and trust the board”

Struck a cord with that little be questioning a draft in which he’s giving Vrabel all the power and Ran is only watching.

I think most like rd 1, rd 2 is a ? Although doesn’t seem overwhelming disappointment, maybe close to 50/50, rd 3 was RB which everyone questions with so many other needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back