Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans hired Assistant ST coach Colt Anderson of the Bengals as our new ST Coord.

They also interviewed Panthers interm ST Coord Chris Tabor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Callahan hiring his former co-workers works out better than Vrabel
One of the reasons we hired Callahan is because of his connections with other coaches. I hope the difference is Callahan uses his former co-workers to bring in great coaches, unlike Vrabel who brought in coaches to kiss his ass.

One of the reasons we hired Callahan is because of his connections with other coaches. I hope the difference is Callahan uses his former co-workers to bring in great coaches, unlike Vrabel who brought in coaches to kiss his ass.
That is a bit unfair. Two of his subordinates became head coaches. In the end though it seems correct. Pretty interesting that some of his crew are now employed elsewhere and he is sitting at home. Even Toothpaste is getting a check… that blows my mind.

That is a bit unfair. Two of his subordinates became head coaches. In the end though it seems correct. Pretty interesting that some of his crew are now employed elsewhere and he is sitting at home. Even Toothpaste is getting a check… that blows my mind.

Yeah Lafleur was under Vrabel for 1 year, but you can't give Vrabel credit for showing Lafleur the bright light. Lafleur was going to get a HC gig regardless of where he went as an OC. Vrabel gets absolutely no credit in grooming Lafleur.

Now Art Smith on the other hand is a different story.

Yeah Lafleur was under Vrabel for 1 year, but you can't give Vrabel credit for showing Lafleur the bright light. Lafleur was going to get a HC gig regardless of where he went as an OC. Vrabel gets absolutely no credit in grooming Lafleur.

His point wasn’t that Vrabel groomed LaFluer, but rather he HIRED him. This is part of the hiring only buddies argument. That was more f a Vrabel trait after he lost coaches like LaFluer and Smith. I assume Vrabel’s logic was if I hire crappy coaches no one will steal them.

His point wasn’t that Vrabel groomed LaFluer, but rather he HIRED him. This is part of the hiring only buddies argument. That was more f a Vrabel trait after he lost coaches like LaFluer and Smith. I assume Vrabel’s logic was if I hire crappy coaches no one will steal them.
I dont know if Vrabel was directly responsible for hiring LaFluer. They both were finalists for the HC job.

I understand your point, but grooming coaches wasn’t the point. The post I responded to mentioned bringing Callahan and his connections vs yes men for Vrabes. It’s just not that black and white. I don’t know what happened to Vrabel, but he made wine out of turnips for a bit. Lost two to HC. Maybe thinking was consistency… i mean why fuck with success probably his thoughts as the barn was burning down.

I dont know if Vrabel was directly responsible for hiring LaFluer. They both were finalists for the HC job.
Highly doubt head coaches are cool with being told who their coordinators will be. Possible though i guess, but do you really think Vrabes and the ego and hubris would go along? That dog don’t hunt imo.

Highly doubt head coaches are cool with being told who their coordinators will be. Possible though i guess, but do you really think Vrabes and the ego and hubris would go along? That dog don’t hunt imo.
probably could easily convince him that first time especially with lafleur

Also true. You don’t know. Nor do the rest of us. However, given Vrabel’s personality, I would assume he was very much a part of the decision making process.

Titans hiring Kansas OL coach Scott Fuchs (lol) as assistant OL coach.
I normally don’t comment on coaching hires because I know nothing but I wanted to at least read about this guy. If he is going to be our Assistant OL coach, better watch out! Obviously Ran and Callahan had discussions that the weak part of the team was OL and we are going to address it - so what better way than bring in TWO top tier OL coaches?

Before Fuchs, Kansas allowing 25-35 sacks a season, and while he is there allowing 12-16. And top it off with being able to have a rushing attack. Averaged 210+/game while at Kansas, but over 280/game while coaching in Buffalo. This might be setting up for a :henry:-Titans reunion. I won’t hold out hope as we might be moving in a new direction, but this could sway Henry to stay and finish his career behind a flourishing line (even if they aren’t top notch).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back