Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Planned for sure. I am just amazed at the speed with which they were able to get it all done. I hope this lineup turns about to be good. If not It's going to be a painful next few years.
Old GT dogs recall the arguments about “rebuild” decades (ok, that’s an exaggeration but multiple years) and NFL today, with parody, allows 1 year re-builds to pretty much any team. It’s less common that a team is so bad that they cannot possibly rebuild in 1 season.

Excluding bad rebuilding decisions that is. As example, pretty much everything Jax has ever done. Not incapable of rebuild on many occasions, just such bad decisions they are in rebuild every season.

Old GT dogs recall the arguments about “rebuild” decades (ok, that’s an exaggeration but multiple years)…
Bad management caused it to take “decades.” The Titans were 12-4 in 2003. The team was rebuilt by 2008, when it went 13-3. After that, the Titans didn’t have another double-digit win team until 2020 (11-5) and 2021 (12-5).
The consistent elements during the decade-long Titan rebuild were picks that didn’t pan out, poor coaching, and mediocre quarterback play. That’s a failure of management, coaching and ownership, imho.

Bad management caused it to take “decades.” The Titans were 12-4 in 2003. The team was rebuilt by 2008, when it went 13-3. After that, the Titans didn’t have another double-digit win team until 2020 (11-5) and 2021 (12-5).
The consistent elements during the decade-long Titan rebuild were picks that didn’t pan out, poor coaching, and mediocre quarterback play. That’s a failure of management, coaching and ownership, imho.
I would go a step further to say that despite not winning 10 regular season games, the playoff visits show that the team was “rebuilt” enough to compete.
Could make the argument of 9-7 with Munchak too. Whisenhunt was a separate rebuild over 2004/5.

I think the 1 year turnaround is also a more recent ability, maybe within the last 10 years or so.

I think the 1 year rebuild is 100% QB dependent. If you build a team and have a good QB, you're good. If no QB, you're back to square one before you can restock all the other positions.
Totally agree. It seems the recipe to win in this league nowadays is with a solid QB, preferably on his rookie contract too.

I imagine Ran feels Levis could be that guy hence this massive turn around and moves showing his clear intention to win now (which I am loving so far).

Use the Niners for an example. They pretty much did what the Rams did three years ago and brought in a whole bunch of star players, now the window has closed and they want to be paid, putting the Niners in a really bad spot. Now they'll have to gut the team and dump expensive contracts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back