Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you will about Purdy but 49ers showing EXACTLY what you need a QB to do if he’s not “elite”, don’t turn the ball over and let the D do their job.

no question, more proof you absolutely do not need an “elite” QB to win the SB.

And no one better be chiming in with this BS about SF being all time great D or anything.

Say what you will about Purdy but 49ers showing EXACTLY what you need a QB to do if he’s not “elite”, don’t turn the ball over and let the D do their job.

And no one better be chiming in with this BS about SF being all time great D or anything.

Call it whatever you want. Elite QB or Elite offense or elite talent. But Purdy was 5th in passing yards this season. That’s pretty elite. In fact, I think my exact quote was elite QB play. Purdy threw 4280 yards with 31 TDs and 11 INTs. That’s elite QB play.

The 49ers are a very talented team. They are also coached well.

Call it whatever you want. Elite QB or Elite offense or elite talent. But Purdy was 5th in passing yards this season. That’s pretty elite. In fact, I think my exact quote was elite QB play. Purdy threw 4280 yards with 31 TDs and 11 INTs. That’s elite QB play.

I know this may come a surprise, but the comment wasn’t directed at you.

I honestly couldn’t remember your stance on him at all.

"Don't turn the ball over"? Lol. Purdy gifted the Packers with 2 INTS and 1 of them was the easiest pick 6 known to man and both dropped. Doesn't show up on the stat sheet but Purdy outside their final drive could've easily cost them the game.

Packers had that game if not for Love's erratic throws down the stretch and the missed FG.

I wouldn't give such high praise to Purdy winning this game at all. 49ers are not winning a SB with Purdy this year. No absolute way.

Neither qb played well… they were both off the mark on so many throws… I think the weather had to play a part in it along with both guys inexperience in a playoff game like this

"Don't turn the ball over"? Lol. Purdy gifted the Packers with 2 INTS and 1 of them was the easiest pick 6 known to man and both dropped. Doesn't show up on the stat sheet but Purdy outside their final drive could've easily cost them the game.

Packers had that game if not for Love's erratic throws down the stretch and the missed FG.

I wouldn't give such high praise to Purdy winning this game at all. 49ers are not winning a SB with Purdy this year. No absolute way.
How relieved was that Packers rookie kicker when Love threw the pick at the end! I could sense a sigh of relief through the TV lol

Coulda woulda shoulda but didn’t. Purdy ended with 0 INT.
Notice Love ended with 2. Let’s not forget some of the close INTs if those “count” now.

and if you’re reading what I wrote, this was clearly not praise to Purdy for “winning the game”, it’s clearly a comment of marginal play, and allowing the RB (2 TD) and the D playing their game (21 total pts, blocked FG).

SF had the rock a lot ( looking at stats ) ... zero chance purdy doing that while leading league in Kellys ( 3 and outs )

Coulda woulda shoulda but didn’t. Purdy ended with 0 INT.
Notice Love ended with 2. Let’s not forget some of the close INTs if those “count” now.

and if you’re reading what I wrote, this was clearly not praise to Purdy for “winning the game”, it’s clearly a comment of marginal play, and allowing the RB (2 TD) and the D playing their game (21 total pts, blocked FG).
Really the NFL should add a stats column "almost an INT"

Or maybe the receiver will get charged for the INT for those that aren't on the QB?? And the QB won't get credit for YAC.

Too much work lol
I would be good seeing a WR charged INT.
Imagine the arguments about a WR because he caused X amount of INT over another WR. So basically drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back