Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Savage dropped pick 6 was so reminiscent of the Jackrabbit one against the Bengals.

Also GB in the RZ and couldn't get 1 yard on 3rd and 4th down.

I feel the Packers fans pain.

That would have been good.
What’s funny is Brock Purdy is the franchise record holder for single season passing yards and QB rating. Thats better than Joe Montana and Steve Young. He’s not just a game manager. And, before anyone says, “but, but, the league is pass happy now!”, he did that with fewer attempts than Montana or Young.

He kind of IS Tom Brady.

I didn’t think it was. But I made a comment about elite QBs and commented on it.

Sorry if my tone seem confrontational. It was not my intent.
I guess it brings the argument (I think it happened last year too)

Is Purdy “elite”?

my personal take, easy answer is no. Elite is reserved for generational guys. Mahomes, maybe Allen are the only 2 to me. With time, more can prove that level.

Is he among the best in the league?
To me, again no. If given the opportunity to take a QB around the league, how many are picking Purdy?

did he have a solid season? Yes. Plenty of guys do that including yards specifically and TD. Consider where you’d place Cousins.

Purdy also didn’t specifically have a good game against GB. It was alright but the key is 0 TO. That’s the argument against the NEED for an elite QB.
If we’re going to twist words to say “elite play”, then literally any QB ever that has a good couple games would fit the bill.

What’s funny is Brock Purdy is the franchise record holder for single season passing yards and QB rating. Thats better than Joe Montana and Steve Young. He’s not just a game manager. And, before anyone says, “but, but, the league is pass happy now!”, he did that with fewer attempts than Montana or Young.

He kind of IS Tom Brady.
I think Jeff Garcia had yds and TD for a long time.
Probably more to do with the league changes. 4K is the old 3k of Montana/young’s time (unless it’s Tennessee).

I think Jeff Garcia had yds and TD for a long time.
Probably more to do with the league changes. 4K is the old 3k of Montana/young’s time (unless it’s Tennessee).
Maybe. He had 120 fewer attempts than Garcia’s best season. Young had 2 four thousand yard seasons, with more attempts. Purdy just isn’t flashy.

He kind of IS Tom Brady.

No no no. Texan fan claims CJ Stroud is our generations Tom Brady. We can’t have 2.

I guess it brings the argument (I think it happened last year too)

Is Purdy “elite”?

my personal take, easy answer is no. Elite is reserved for generational guys. Mahomes, maybe Allen are the only 2 to me. With time, more can prove that level.

Is he among the best in the league?
To me, again no. If given the opportunity to take a QB around the league, how many are picking Purdy?

did he have a solid season? Yes. Plenty of guys do that including yards specifically and TD. Consider where you’d place Cousins.

Purdy also didn’t specifically have a good game against GB. It was alright but the key is 0 TO. That’s the argument against the NEED for an elite QB.
If we’re going to twist words to say “elite play”, then literally any QB ever that has a good couple games would fit the bill.

Yes. That’s the point. Elite IS reserved for guys who do it year in and year out over 5+ plus seasons in my opinion. But it’s also possible for a QB to play elite for a season or 2 or off and on. Truthfully I’m taking Purdy over every QB except about 5.

Kurt Cousins is on the bubble. Right outside of elite overall. But he has had elite years. I’d take him over a lot of guys. Hell… I’d take him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back