Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
we shall see

Must stop it.. Lamar Jackson is a horrible throwing QB.

Actually, can we just stop calling him a QB?

They have added a game and he still make not throw for 3000 yards. Why the Ravens keep getting talked about as a top tier team I don’t know. They aren’t. I’d say their defense took a hit it couldn’t afford to take this off season. Browns win that division. I could see the Ravens missing the playoffs.

They have added a game and he still make not throw for 3000 yards. Why the Ravens keep getting talked about as a top tier team I don’t know. They aren’t. I’d say their defense took a hit it couldn’t afford to take this off season. Browns win that division. I could see the Ravens missing the playoffs.
Totally agree

That’s fine. But he did lead the NFL in passing TD’s in 2019. And rushing yards factor into the QB value in today’s NFL. I get that he’s not very accurate, but he’s dynamic and has upgraded weapons. It’s fine that we disagree, but I’m expecting a top 3 QB season from Lamar.

That’s fine. But he did lead the NFL in passing TD’s in 2019. And rushing yards factor into the QB value in today’s NFL. I get that he’s not very accurate, but he’s dynamic and has upgraded weapons. It’s fine that we disagree, but I’m expecting a top 3 QB season from Lamar.

He's a stat machine for sure.

But get lead on him and force him to throw and he's done. We saw that in the 2019 playoffs.

I just don't see him going through three playoff teams to win a Super Bowl unless he makes massive improvements as a passer.

And one of these days, he's gonna blow a knee. Once his wheels are shot, he's not even a decent starter level qb anymore.

I’m not sure he is a 36 TD guy again, but a 26 TD guy (like last year) will keep them competitive.

Top 3 QB based on what? Even if you add all his yards together he doesn’t touch Tannehill totals. T- Hill threw for 1100 more yards and ran for almost 1/3rd of the yards LJ ran for.

As far as upgraded weapons? Sammy Watkins? If Watkins couldn’t get 1000 yards with Mahomes he ain’t doing shit with LJ. The Ravens offense is LJ. It’s a one dimensional offense. Stop LJ and they can’t score. Their defense took a step back. Ravens are middle of the road team at best.

If LJ is a top 3 QB then VY and Mariota should be in the HOF. Other than the Colts the Ravens are one of the most overrated teams in the NFL.

Top 3 QB based on what? Even if you add all his yards together he doesn’t touch Tannehill totals. T- Hill threw for 1100 more yards and ran for almost 1/3rd of the yards LJ ran for.

As far as upgraded weapons? Sammy Watkins? If Watkins couldn’t get 1000 yards with Mahomes he ain’t doing **** with LJ. The Ravens offense is LJ. It’s a one dimensional offense. Stop LJ and they can’t score. Their defense took a step back. Ravens are middle of the road team at best.

If LJ is a top 3 QB then VY and Mariota should be in the HOF. Other than the Colts the Ravens are one of the most overrated teams in the NFL.
LJ is better than VY by a mile. VY doesn’t have anywhere near the production of Jackson. I also, wouldn’t have drafted Lamar in any round. So while I am not a fan of him, I’m not into unrealistic comparisons or not giving him his due. In my view, he is between Tricky’s take and yours for now. But sustaining it is the question.

LJ is representative of the Fantasy Football Era of the NFL.

He's a stat machine that will make your team consistently strong... but never strong enough.

Before FF, the only stat that mattered at the end of the day is Wins/Losses... Championships.

Now general stats and visual highlights rival winning Championships.

As far as upgraded weapons? Sammy Watkins? If Watkins couldn’t get 1000 yards with Mahomes he ain’t doing **** with LJ. The Ravens offense is LJ. It’s a one dimensional offense. Stop LJ and they can’t score. Their defense took a step back. Ravens are middle of the road team at best.

I agree overall, Balt is over rated and LJ specifically is as a QB.

not sure why the VY or Mariota needed brought into it though. LJ is far better than VY and better than Mariota neither of which are all that high of a bar to surpass.
It’s just kind of throwing out any middle of the road (or worse) QB and touting being better.

like I could Say Mariota was hands down better than Tyrod Taylor and WAAY better than Jimmy Clausen.
See it doesn’t really work as a “pro” argument.

LJ is better than VY by a mile. VY doesn’t have anywhere near the production of Jackson. I also, wouldn’t have drafted Lamar in any round. So while I am not a fan of him, I’m not into unrealistic comparisons or not giving him his due. In my view, he is between Tricky’s take and yours for now. But sustaining it is the question.

I was being ridiculous to make a point.

Lamar had a down year last year after being the MVP in 2019.
Sammy Watkins is the 4th or 5th receiving option… he was 3rd in KC
They drafted Rashod Bateman and Tylan Wallace and signed Watkins.
They also added Alejandro Villanueva and Michael Schofield to their OL (and JuWuan James once he recovers).

I understand you don’t think Lamar is good. I disagree and believe that his upgrade supporting cast will lead to a top tier QB season. Not something I hope happens, just what I’m expecting.

I agree overall, Balt is over rated and LJ specifically is as a QB.

not sure why the VY or Mariota needed brought into it though. LJ is far better than VY and better than Mariota neither of which are all that high of a bar to surpass.
It’s just kind of throwing out any middle of the road (or worse) QB and touting being better.

like I could Say Mariota was hands down better than Tyrod Taylor and WAAY better than Jimmy Clausen.
See it doesn’t really work as a “pro” argument.

Sorry… I was being ridiculous to make a point.

Sammy Watkins is the 4th or 5th receiving option… he was 3rd in KC
They drafted Rashod Bateman and Tylan Wallace and signed Watkins.
They also added Alejandro Villanueva and Michael Schofield to their OL (and JuWuan James once he recovers).

I understand you don’t think Lamar is good. I disagree and believe that his upgrade supporting cast will lead to a top tier QB season. Not something I hope happens, just what I’m expecting.

Yep.. I vehemently disagree. I don’t think they got better this off season as a team. You say down year, I say league figuring him out and e pelted regression. You say Watkins is 4th or 5th option and I say he got paid $6 million. That isn’t bench money. Watkins is expect to be WR 2. Watkins wasn’t signed to be the 4th option at $6 million per. Rookie WRs rarely make a difference in year 1 unless they are completely special.

Not too long and we will see which one of us is correct. If I owned LJ stock I’d be selling it. His days are numbered.

We'll see... but I disagree.

I believe we're seeing reality come in and we'll be seeing more of this.

Ups and downs... but a progression down.

QBs like him start strong but burn out quick if they don't have actual QB skills.

Yep.. I vehemently disagree. I don’t think they got better this off season as a team. You say down year, I say league figuring him out and e pelted regression. You say Watkins is 4th or 5th option and I say he got paid $6 million. That isn’t bench money. Watkins is expect to be WR 2. Watkins wasn’t signed to be the 4th option at $6 million per. Rookie WRs rarely make a difference in year 1 unless they are completely special.

Not too long and we will see which one of us is correct. If I owned LJ stock I’d be selling it. His days are numbered.
Rashod Bateman IS special. He’s a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back