Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Another disappointing end to the season in Green Bay for the back to back MVP. Supposedly he wanted out before the season, now he may really be done?

Tannehill and however many picks they want for Arod. Who's down?

Just said the same. The window is closing on the Titans Super Bowl chances. Why not go all in on Rodgers?? I can’t see him staying in Green Bay after that loss.

I imagine they wouldn’t want to trade for Tannehill and his salary when they’ve got their 1st round QB whose been marinating for 2 years behind Rodgers already.

if we are going to have this conversation, I think Russell Wilson makes more sense.

We may look back and think today was actually the best-case scenario. The Tanny mirage has been made quite clear in a way that it may not have if we had made it to the AFC championship (and inevitably gotten spanked). Meanwhile, the Packers losing like this was probably the only way Rogers would force his way out of Green Bay.

Two - fuck it, three - first round picks + extra later rounds to swap him with Tanny. We will suck balls in three years but by then it'll be time for a true bottoming out and reset anyway.

11-10 in the postseason so I guess he gives us a shot, anyway.

I usually only care about the product on the field...but Rodgers....I wouldn't want that guy on the Titans just based on his personality alone.

I imagine they wouldn’t want to trade for Tannehill and his salary when they’ve got their 1st round QB whose been marinating for 2 years behind Rodgers already.

if we are going to have this conversation, I think Russell Wilson makes more sense.
Good point I'd rather have Wilson
Or Jimmy G?

Good point I'd rather have Wilson
Or Jimmy G?
Wilson might be doable but I don't think he really wants out of Seattle too badly. Jimmy g is no better than Tannehill and even if he was there's no real way of getting him. All the options are pipe dreams at this point because of Tannehills dead money.

Just said the same. The window is closing on the Titans Super Bowl chances. Why not go all in on Rodgers?? I can’t see him staying in Green Bay after that loss.

There is no reason the Titans SB window is closing. Henry should still have some years left, AJ has plenty left, Simmons has plenty left, etc etc. Teams that draft well and make good free agent signings and are well coached can be competitive year after year. This isnt a GB situation where they are like $40 million over the cap and will have to change up their roster significantly. If it is doable to obtain Rodgers than certainly go for it, but with Tannehill's cap hit I just cant see it being realistic.

Rodgers is certainly better than Tannehill, but keep in mind, GB lost in basically the exact situation as the Titans today. Got beat at home, after a bye, because their offenses sucked. It also isnt as if Rodgers has a history of tearing it up in the post season. If he hadnt won that SB early on, his career would be looked at as a great regular season QB who cant get it done in the post season. Not sure that is worth spending tons of draft picks and taking a significant cap hit for.

If we go into the playoffs with Rodgers, the expectations will be to win the superbowl. We will have more firepower than any other team in the league. If we go in with Tannehill we might, and I say might, win a game. Confidence level would be so much higher around here. It's a no brainer even at 38. If there is a team that fits him perfectly, it's us. We are in go mode and he's an MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back