Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers is certainly better than Tannehill, but keep in mind, GB lost in basically the exact situation as the Titans today. Got beat at home, after a bye, because their offenses sucked. It also isnt as if Rodgers has a history of tearing it up in the post season. If he hadnt won that SB early on, his career would be looked at as a great regular season QB who cant get it done in the post season. Not sure that is worth spending tons of draft picks and taking a significant cap hit for.

So Rodgers could be our version of Peyton Manning then - I’m cool with that. I think we all would be.

Manning was known as a regular season QB until he beat Chicago. But then he went to a new franchise in his twighlight years and won another with defense. Rodgers could easily do that here. We already have the defense assembled for him.

WE CANNOT GET AWAY FROM TANNEHILL. He 100% will be the Titans QB next season. Accept it because that’s what’s going to happen. You can’t build a roster with 58 million in dead cap space.

This ... 100% all true. Also IF we make the playoffs next season expect THill to turn the ball over on multiple possessions.

This ... 100% all true. Also IF we make the playoffs next season expect THill to turn the ball over on multiple possessions.
This is 100% my expectation. I already think this is a playoff team (paired with hou/Jax in the division) but my hopes are already crushed for next years post season.
The sit back and laugh mentality has to be my approach. Can’t take it otherwise.

So Rodgers could be our version of Peyton Manning then - I’m cool with that. I think we all would be.

Manning was known as a regular season QB until he beat Chicago. But then he went to a new franchise in his twighlight years and won another with defense. Rodgers could easily do that here. We already have the defense assembled for him.

Manning went to 2 SBs with the Colts, not just one, but besides that, Manning was competing against the greatest dynasty in NFL history, where as Rodgers is 0-4 against the 49ers and the likes of Jimmy G and Colin Kaepernick. I understand what you are saying, but I dont think it is the same thing.

I think the issue with the article is it only talks about Rodgers fitting in with the existing team/coach. Mentions nothing about finances.
I think the Packers are 48 million OVER the cap without re-signing Devante Adams. No chance they are taking on Tannehill’s contract, even if they could.

Actually is did say that trading is the only way it could happen. That is 100% all about finances
Ok, missed that it was entirely on trade speculation, which is all that more important to add the financial situation of each team.

Rodgers is wishful thinking, he’s not coming to Nashville.

He never hit the market. They signed him quick.

Understood.. But was there any other team that was going to line up to sign him to a big contract. His resume wasn't all that great, therefore we should've let him hit the market to see what his value was really worth.

I mean Tannehill isn't terrible. He definitely has his moments. However, since we are likely tied to him, let's face that reality. The primary goal this offseason should be to stack the offense with as much talent as possible to help him. The defensive rebuild last offseason was successful.

I mean Tannehill isn't terrible. He definitely has his moments. However, since we are likely tied to him, let's face that reality. The primary goal this offseason should be to stack the offense with as much talent as possible to help him. The defensive rebuild last offseason was successful.
The main problem ahead for us is we are unbalanced. JRob spent all kinds of money and rebuilt the defensive front, but it's pretty much the same bad offense. Now if we want to add more talent to the offense we're going to have to sacrifice some of the defense.

Stack the offense? We have AJ, Julio and Henry. What more does he need? I know we didn't have them all together healthy at the same time, but the talent on the offense is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back