Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reynolds wanted out because he was behind Marcus Johnson and Ikhine and then AJ and Johnson got hurt and he would be starting. The injuries have been hard and deep for this team. Julio can't seem to not pull his hammy every time he plays and the injury to AJ was just one of those things. Reynolds remember got a slow start with his own injury issues in the preseason.

What is also hurting us now is we have a group of average TEs and could really use a guy like Andrews or Kelsey to bail out our QB. And no, that wasn't necessarily Jannu Smith either. We need someone more like Walker was a few years ago.

These ridiculous comments about replacing Tannehill essentially prove a lack of common sense. Would you replace Tannehill with Lawrence right now? Fields? Zac Wilson? But hey, just use a 1st round pick on a QB and all is good right? On top of our issues at WR, TE and obviously missing Henry our OL is allowing Tannehill to take a real beating.

AJ was getting dinged up every play it seemed before the IR one

Tannehill's indecisiveness is getting him banged up along with the OL

I’m guessing he can’t learn the playbook but the offense can’t be that complicated. you’d think by now with all the WR injuries he would’ve seen the field.
well he does have to remember to stop all routes 3 yards short of the sticks... I am sure that is different from any other team he has ever played on

Come on! other teams 3rd, 4th WRs are making plays...so depth is the problem? That's on JRob then?

Yeah 3rd and 4th WR's make plays on other teams, due to the fact that they have WR #1 and WR #2 on the field with them. NWI and Hollister aren't even our 3rd and 4th WR's. They are 5th a 6th and I think NWI is actually doing a pretty decent job for what it's worth.

If you talk about depth, we had:

1. AJB
2. Julio
3. Reynolds
4. Marcus Johnson
5. Fitzpatrick
6. Rogers
7. NWI

I don't think you could ask for better depth at WR to start the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah 3rd and 4th WR's make plays on other teams, due to the fact that they have WR #1 and WR #2 on the field with them. NWI and Hollister aren't even our 3rd and 4th WR's. They are 5th a 6th and I think NWI is actually doing a pretty decent job for what it's worth.

If you talk about depth, we had:

1. ABJ
2. Julio
3. Reynolds
4. Marcus Johnson
5. Fitzpatrick
6. Rogers
7. NWI

I don't think you could ask for better depth at WR to start the season.
Good points but my point is guys need to step up. And I'm sure other teams have faced injuries to their top guys.

Guys have stepped up. But stepping up means going out and running your routes and blocking and making a tough catch here and there. And they've done exactly that.

You can't be a 4.6 dude and step up to be a 4.4 dude just because the 4.4 dude got hurt. If they were capable of doing what AJ does, we wouldn't have been able to pull them from the practice squad or the street.

Only one other team was missing it’s WR1, WR2, WR3 and RB1. The Tompa Bradys last weekend. They scored 0 points.
Yes true but I still think guys need to step up...running routes, dropping balls, needing 5 yds and setting up at 3 yds shouldn't be happening at that level whether you're a WR3, 4, 5 or 6... they've all played football for many years ..enough excuses for the simple things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back