Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor Lewan says he is filing a lawsuit over his 2020 ACL surgery

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-filing-a-lawsuit-over-his-2020-acl-surgery/

I still say the reason for sports injuries sky rocketing is related to the 'dresses' that players wear and turf/court structure.. take the NBA, whom when you look around the league, every NBA player but one out of like 15 wears dresses, or leg tights.......... not being able to let your muscles BREATHE cannot be good for the tension it's under... when it's covered up it stays hot ---- any of you know what happens to a fire when you throw a blanket over it?.... I rest my case.... If there are medical reports out there saying "sleeving the joints" help - I will fight and die on the hill that they are wrong.....

and in football it is more related to the massively bad idea from the start, of schools and franchises switching to synthetic turf....

Recurrent Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tears in the National Football League: A Case-Control Study - PMC (nih.gov)

I still say the reason for sports injuries sky rocketing is related to the 'dresses' that players wear and turf/court structure.. take the NBA, whom when you look around the league, every NBA player but one out of like 15 wears dresses, or leg tights.......... not being able to let your muscles BREATHE cannot be good for the tension it's under... when it's covered up it stays hot ---- any of you know what happens to a fire when you throw a blanket over it?.... I rest my case.... If there are medical reports out there saying "sleeving the joints" help - I will fight and die on the hill that they are wrong.....

and in football it is more related to the massively bad idea from the start, of schools and franchises switching to synthetic turf....

Recurrent Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tears in the National Football League: A Case-Control Study - PMC (nih.gov)
I really hope this is sarcasm... but in case it's not, just a reminder that muscles don't need to breath. Your lungs do a perfectly good job of taking in oxygen and your vascular system distributes that oxygen to the rest of the body.

If your theory were correct, hockey players would just keel over instantly.

Compression sleeves are helpful in the sense that they can add external support to relieve a little bit of stress from tendons and joints. It's not a long term fix, but just that little bit of support can go a long ways.

I do agree that the synthetic turf leads to more injuries. It allows guys much more traction, which increases the impact and torque they can put on joints and tendons. It's just so much harder on the body.

Hopefully some of the new turfs can fix that. They need allow just the smallest amount of slip so guys feet don't get caught, but not enough where guys are falling down.

I really hope this is sarcasm... but in case it's not, just a reminder that muscles don't need to breath. Your lungs do a perfectly good job of taking in oxygen and your vascular system distributes that oxygen to the rest of the body.

Compression sleeves are helpful in the sense that they can add external support to relieve a little bit of stress from tendons and joints. It's not a long term fix, but just that little bit of support can go a long ways.

I do agree that the synthetic turf leads to more injuries. It allows guys much more traction, which increases the impact and torque they can put on joints and tendons. It's just so much harder on the body.

Hopefully some of the new turfs can fix that. They need allow just the smallest amount of slip so guys feet don't get caught, but not enough where guys are falling down.
Basically somewhere between Kendall Wright and teddy Bridgewater.

I 100 percent disagree with you.

Your muscles do not need to breathe when compressed not in full rotation -- but when you wrap everything in ROBIN HOOD MEN IN TIGHTS CRAP, you are giving your muscles & cartliage no room for a safety blanket. And that is where the enormous uptick in ACL injuries comes from in the NBA... and makes it even worse considering the area they play on is a HARDWOOD FLOOR -- and in the NFL it comes from the same thing, but with the same areas in question having no richochet and driven into synthetic fiber.

That and the shoes in the NBA does NOT HELP either, with most of the jordans and nba star made shoes having extended shoe rear supports --- leading to more rolled ankles --- the shoe wants to stay one way, and the ankle flips to another.

As for Hockey Players... you do realize a LINE of hockey players only stays on the ice for about 2-3 mins in spurts right?... coupled with 2 20 min intermissions

Maybe it's the fact that a lot of O lineman have to be 300+ pounds at the NFL level and have certain weights they have to be at, which is always on the large side. So you take Lewan. If my memory serves me there was once a time he said he had to force feed himself to maintain his weight. So you have a lot of guys that are playing at a weight that their physical structure doesn't want to hold, going up against other 200+/300+ pound men at the highest level in football. Then you factor in wear, tear, aging, explosiveness O lineman need, and playing surface. In Lewans case you can factor in PEDs, we know that they build muscle and create power in the muscle but not tendons. Hell look a lewan now he is tiny compared to when he was playing.

When it comes to other positions it's more of the same, shit turf and just how explosive these guys are. RBs with the cuts, WRs with speed. There are just freak accidents too, get hit in the knees, guys tackle and pile up on offensive players causing knees to bend in unnatural ways. I don't think it's from muscles being hot though.

With the NBA. Anytime your feet leave the ground(jumping) the possibility for a lower body injury goes up dramatically. Especially on a hard ass wood floor.

Tough call. Fisher kept Javon Ringer instead. He was pretty close to as good as Blount.

:sarcasm:
to compound it, if I understand it correctly, teams have the chance to put player on their 53 and nullify the claim... Titans 100% choose to let blount walk... granted blount was a giant infected donkey anus... but he was a talented giant infected donkey anus

I 100 percent disagree with you.

Your muscles do not need to breathe when compressed not in full rotation -- but when you wrap everything in ROBIN HOOD MEN IN TIGHTS CRAP, you are giving your muscles & cartliage no room for a safety blanket. And that is where the enormous uptick in ACL injuries comes from in the NBA... and makes it even worse considering the area they play on is a HARDWOOD FLOOR -- and in the NFL it comes from the same thing, but with the same areas in question having no richochet and driven into synthetic fiber.

That and the shoes in the NBA does NOT HELP either, with most of the jordans and nba star made shoes having extended shoe rear supports --- leading to more rolled ankles --- the shoe wants to stay one way, and the ankle flips to another.

As for Hockey Players... you do realize a LINE of hockey players only stays on the ice for about 2-3 mins in spurts right?... coupled with 2 20 min intermissions
Ah so you're really saying they need room to move. I was like...ummm muscles don't need to inhale and exhale haha. Yeah, there's a ton of debate - even from players - about that. OL are all divided on how helpful those knee braces are. NFL guys hate wearing them, saying they limit movement. College coaches make their players wear them to prevent injuries.

It's kind of like asking if you'd rather have a small, quick car or a big SUV. The small car would likely let you avoid a lot of accidents, but the SUV would be able to take an impact better.

They both have their pros and cons, I'd say it's down to what the player feels most comfortable with. If they're always bothered about their equipment, they're not able to focus completely on what's going on around them.

I agree with you on the basketball shoes too. Kobe asked for the smallest, lightest shoe he could because he grew up playing soccer. I'd say that worked pretty well for him!

Again olinemam are way undervalued at how "smart" and athletic they need to be. Your talking 1-2 seconds from the snap for them to identify and adjust to what's coming to them. Sure alot couldn't be nuclear physicists but the information they are to process and have their body (pretty much instinctively) respond to every offensive snap is quite remarkable. Besides don't think I know anyone over 300lbs who can run a 100yard dash let alone be under 6 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back