Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense. Any questionable 4th down already has a different reason for review.
Is it on the field review? I doubt it. It will probably end up speeding games up a little if they are doing reviews from a remote location. They can make the call before a coach challenges, delays, or calls a time out.

Is it on the field review? I doubt it. It will probably end up speeding games up a little if they are doing reviews from a remote location. They can make the call before a coach challenges, delays, or calls a time out.
it should catch the 'obvious ones' but nothing gonna change where they spot the ball under the giant pile of fattys

True, I also doubt on field review. I don’t know how it would speed it up, but probably won’t slow it down in most cases. Just seems stupid to bother on so many obvious plays.

I happen to stand on the get rid of any auto review standpoint and only give challenges. Up the # allowed, but say a max of 12 plays could be reviewed (3 per half W or L)

Did you go did it from the Titans facility, cause that woulda been gangsta lol.

I really should lol.. I haven't been to Tennessee since 2021 for my grandmothers funeral down there... I think it may be time for a road trip to see family and go rogue on some bets lol.... paddle up to the bubble in a kayak on the Cumberland. lmao

True, I also doubt on field review. I don’t know how it would speed it up, but probably won’t slow it down in most cases. Just seems stupid to bother on so many obvious plays.

I happen to stand on the get rid of any auto review standpoint and only give challenges. Up the # allowed, but say a max of 12 plays could be reviewed (3 per half W or L)
I say it would speed it up because review would become part of the game. Every play would be reviewed by someone at a remote location. That way, just by sheer repetition, the whole challenge and review process goes quicker.

If the only time plays were reviewed was by challenge, the whole process would be slow and cumbersome simply by having to start and stop the process for each review.

Also, I’m finding it very difficult to adequately explain what I’m thinking, so there’s that.

I say it would speed it up because review would become part of the game. Every play would be reviewed by someone at a remote location. That way, just by sheer repetition, the whole challenge and review process goes quicker.

If the only time plays were reviewed was by challenge, the whole process would be slow and cumbersome simply by having to start and stop the process for each review.

Also, I’m finding it very difficult to adequately explain what I’m thinking, so there’s that.
I think I get what you’re saying. I just think less reviews makes refs make a call that they don’t currently. they auto review TO and TD, when it’s close enough, it goes to ref review. They also have the rare occasions the refs admit to missing a play and review it on their own.
I think eliminating those to add a couple challenges evens out but the refs are forced to get better at making calls.

What are any "new rules" they laid down at the owners meetings... I haven't bothered to check
The following rule changes for the 2023 season were approved at the NFL Owners' Meeting

The jersey numbering system was modified to allow the number 0 to be worn by all positions currently allowed to wear single-digit numbers. Placekickers and punters are now allowed to wear numbers 0–49 and 90–99. Previously 0 was not permitted to be used after the jersey numbering system was standardized in 1973 and kickers and punters could only wear numbers 1–19.
Timing rules were modified after a ruling on the field is reversed. If outside the two-minute warning, the play clock will be set to 40 seconds instead of 25. If inside the two minute warning and a 10-second runoff is used, the play clock would be set to 30 seconds.
Plays resulting in a turnover on downs were added to the list of booth reviewable plays (not challengeable by coaches). Plays resulting in a successful first down are still challengeable outside of the two minute warning.
Tripping was upgraded to a personal foul (15 yards) from its current 10 yard penalty, reverting a rule change from 1974.
Launching from one foot to attack an opponent became illegal, changing the current rule of both feet.
Illegally handing the ball forward behind the line of scrimmage (such as a quarterback handing the ball forward to an offensive lineman to avoid a sack) is now a loss of down, consistent with the same foul occurring beyond the line of scrimmage.
All illegal kicks (beyond the line of scrimmage or after the ball returns back behind the line) are now penalized the same as an illegal forward pass (five yards and loss of down).
If the offense commits a live-ball penalty and the defense commits a dead-ball penalty on the last play of either half, the period will not be extended for an untimed down.
Language referring to "butt, ram, or spear" with the helmet was combined under the umbrella of "impermissible uses of the helmet" and clarified legal incidental contact.
During the May Owners Meeting, the following bylaw and rule changes was made:

Teams will now be able to have a third quarterback available on game days without occupying a roster spot. The third quarterback will be available if the team's first two quarterbacks are either injured or disqualified. If one of the two regular quarterbacks return to the game, the third will return to the bench unless both quarterbacks are again unavailable for the same reasons.
On kickoffs, a fair catch made at or behind the 25 yard line will be awarded at the 25 yard line, mirroring the college football rule adopted in 2018.

Vikings tried out a pair of Guards on Tuesday. Former Broncos starter Dalton Risner and former Titans practice squad body Christian DiLauro.
They signed DiLauro.
Clearly there’s some issue with Risner.

"Launching from one foot to attack an opponent became illegal, changing the current rule of both feet."

What does that even mean? If you dive for a tackle, you have to have both feet on the ground before you make the dive?

"Launching from one foot to attack an opponent became illegal, changing the current rule of both feet."

What does that even mean? If you dive for a tackle, you have to have both feet on the ground before you make the dive?
I thought the same thing.
When running, isn’t 1 foot off the ground most of the time?

Also not a fan of a 10 second run off if the refs made an incorrect call under 2 minutes.
I won’t be surprised to see a game end on a booth review with like 8 seconds left, and INT or fumble gets overturned just to end the game instead of giving the team the ball back with a stopped clock down.

Also not a fan of a 10 second run off if the refs made an incorrect call under 2 minutes.
I won’t be surprised to see a game end on a booth review with like 8 seconds left, and INT or fumble gets overturned just to end the game instead of giving the team the ball back with a stopped clock down.
Can you imagine a game ending like that. 10 second run off. Game over.

On kickoffs, a fair catch made at or behind the 25 yard line will be awarded at the 25 yard line, mirroring the college football rule adopted in 2018.

"Everyone, we need to find a way to get more fair catches in the game. What are some ways we can do that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back