Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if his arsenal wasn't JUST his legs -- he could drive in a couple more years (if he ever stops acting like a 9 year old Brucie from Longest Yard)

Pocket Passers last way longer - He is about 142 years old in running QB years......

These kids who want to be these blazing speed, agile QB kids, better be cool with 1.5 contracts, not even 2.... cut heading into their 2nd at the back end to save money.
Kaepernick should have a lot of explaining, apologizing, and promises it would never happen again. Should have done this the first year he was out. Also, don’t sue the nfl for collusion if you want to ever work for them again

most fans regretted drafting spears when pick was announced

I like Spears and was good with the pick. I think he's going to be really good. What I think most of us here were upset with is that we did t go WR. That round was our last good chance to get somebody who might be a starter. But, now we have Hopkins, so I feel better about that too.

Kaepernick should have a lot of explaining, apologizing, and promises it would never happen again. Should have done this the first year he was out. Also, don’t sue the nfl for collusion if you want to ever work for them again
That’s the rub, he never did/ doesn’t. It pays more to be a victim ambassador.
He also doesn’t have to worry about the immediate criticism of how not good he is compared to how good he think he is since he “can’t” ever prove it.

Jaylen Waddle, Dolphins rave about rookie RB De'Von Achane: 'Man, he's going to be good'

Was so disappointed that we drafted Spears when he was still on the board. Really wanted Achane. We're going to regret picking Spears over him.

again, more player Ace kissing unfortunately.

It will be for the public to decide, because people that live and die on the words of teammates are clueless...... no player is going to come out and verbally bash someone -- even AJ, he has never bashed teammates and all on the Titans.

If you would ask AJ Brown what he thinks of let's say, AMANI HOOKER or a DB he's familiar with from the titans... he would chirp praise and good impressions of them to the media and etc. -- but i guarantee in that meeting of the offensive gameplan, he's stating. 'This guy is sorry, if you see him on me, throw me the ball. He cannot cover a skittle with a beach towel..

- That aside I am glad we took Spears. After watching him on the Reese's Senior Bowl tapes I was thoroughly impressed.

I have always thought along the same lines as stated in this letter. The name could cause more folks to learn more about these great folks history.

This would have a lot more credibility if we knew what tribe. Is it the Seminoles? If so, the threat is real. They have the $$ and influence to disrupt a business. I'm not sure how many of the other tribes do. For some reason, this Gazette article smells a little BS-y to me.

As far as "Redskins" being offensive, imagine having black or yellow faces as a team. How about the Minnesota Whiteys? Palefaces? Stupid.

You can absolutely still show homage with a different name. Name the team after an actual tribe like Apache, Cherokee, Seminoles, etc. I know the Seminole tribe actually loves FSU's name and image. You can also go with something general like Tribe, Natives, Tomahawk...

This would have a lot more credibility if we knew what tribe. Is it the Seminoles? If so, the threat is real. They have the $$ and influence to disrupt a business. I'm not sure how many of the other tribes do. For some reason, this Gazette article smells a little BS-y to me.

As far as "Redskins" being offensive, imagine having black or yellow faces as a team. How about the Minnesota Whiteys? Palefaces? Stupid.

You can absolutely still show homage with a different name. Name the team after an actual tribe like Apache, Cherokee, Seminoles, etc. I know the Seminole tribe actually loves FSU's name and image. You can also go with something general like Tribe, Natives, Tomahawk...
I agree with you on some of this.
I think there is more kickback because I don’t think any Native Americans really tried to change the name, it was a bunch of suburb white people.
Then as a kicker, they picked a really stupid name to replace the “offensive” one.
There might be some tribe stating they want the name back and from a legacy standpoint, a few other people will want it back. Can’t see it happening though:

I agree with you on some of this.
I think there is more kickback because I don’t think any Native Americans really tried to change the name, it was a bunch of suburb white people.
Then as a kicker, they picked a really stupid name to replace the “offensive” one.
There might be some tribe stating they want the name back and from a legacy standpoint, a few other people will want it back. Can’t see it happening though:
I just googled it because now I'm curious. There are surveys going both ways but I don't see any particular named group taking ownership. The Seminoles did that, I believe in the 90s, to defend FSU's name. That's why I don't fully believe that article. If there was an organized tribal voice trying to bring Redskins back, they'd come out more publicly, I think. (Or I just haven't paid enough attention, which is definitely true)

Removing potential racism from one side and nostalgia from the other, Redskins is a dumb name IMO. Its' down there with Blue Hens and Buckeyes. I don't hate Commanders. They could have a cooler logo/mascot as a tribute to Native Americans. I think the "W" is dumb.

apparently not...

s-l1600.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back