Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted the video of the video game grading controversy, can’t imagine it’s limited to retro gaming but I’ve heard the same things about grading. Problem is there’s like 2 major companies that do all the grading. Not sure what incentive they would get by grading things less than accurate unless they are trying to keep some specific items priceless due to no other graded similarities.
For example, they own or know who owns a highly valuable specific card, by grading all futures of the same card less, the highly valuable card stays valuable, possibly even increases in value.
really no different than insider trading.
I doubt its nefarious just lack of enforcable standards... one guys perfect centering is another guys 55-45... one guy sees scuffed gloss another dont

My understanding cards are supposed to be put under blue light looking for scratches and more importantly people doing shady shyt like trimming edges and such

IMO there is a business opportunity for someone to publish known standards and adhere to them plus authentication. So like instead of subjective things state what perfect centering is for each card ... even borderless. state damage noticed and authenticate card as genuine. So a grade of Genuine Undamaged Centered... hell forget centering... just Genuine and note damage

problem would be getting known samples to compare with for authentication.... I mean it would be doable

So I was skipping through channels, NFL Network had our game on (was end of game), and I turned it on. Wasn’t our game, but Horseface and the Colts 3 and goal from the 1 with 13 seconds left against the Patriots! They failed! So nice to watch that again.

braves sent me an Email about purchasing a damn image of the championship trophy... for like $500

I mean would take an actual tard to do that... apparently a few hundred tards paid them - crazy

On a trip to St Louis we caught a Cardinals game, a buddy got talking to the security guard and he got us in to get pics with the trophy. Not a big baseball fan but that was pretty cool

I know everyone wants to say we choked and gave the game away to the Cincy, but I’m not so sure after seeing the second half adjustments Cincy made against Maholmes and company. They’re a good team, fix that o-line and they’re an elite team. Even if they both made mistakes, the difference between Tannehill and Burrow is Tannehill looked like a frightened rookie (was even running scared that cost us at least 2 first down’s) where the stage was too big. While Burrow looked like the seasoned veteran with ice in his veins and never looked scared even after getting sacked 9 times.

I honestly can’t even say we would beat them in a rematch. It’s about time we give them some credit.

I know everyone wants to say we choked and gave the game away to the Cincy, but I’m not so sure after seeing the second half adjustments Cincy made against Maholmes and company. They’re a good team, fix that o-line and they’re an elite team. Even if they both made mistakes, the difference between Tannehill and Burrow is Tannehill looked like a frightened rookie (was even running scared that cost us at least 2 first down’s) where the stage was too big. While Burrow looked like the seasoned veteran with ice in his veins and never looked scared even after getting sacked 9 times.

I honestly can’t even say we would beat them in a rematch. It’s about time we give them some credit.
We gave that game away!

F the Bengals

I don’t have to watch the game against the chiefs to see what the titans did to give the game away. What the chiefs game was, was the chiefs game.

Turnovers were the outlier. It resulted in giving them points on the board and stopped us from putting points on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back