Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to me that the rams would pay up so much given the talent they had on roster. maybe they're losing some guys but they always seemed like they could plug new guys into the system and keep on rolling. In addition to Holt I thought guys like Bruce, Curtis, McDonald, and maybe others all did a pretty good job when called on.

Starkiller said:
No, they signed him to be their #2 WR. I'd say the handwriting is on the wall for Ike Bruce...

I'm not sure. I've read in a couple of different places that they plan on using him in the slot.

You just don't sign a #3 WR to that contract. Unless they plan to use the 3-WR offense as their base offense, I don't see why they'd sign him unless Bruce is either going to be released or become the #3 WR.

Starkiller said:
You just don't sign a #3 WR to that contract. Unless they plan to use the 3-WR offense as their base offense, I don't see why they'd sign him unless Bruce is either going to be released or become the #3 WR.

I'll see if I can find the article, but it went on to say that they planned on running alot of 3 WR sets.

I saw it on the STL Post Dispatch, too. But it doesn't make sense logically unless they are going 3 wide or cutting Bruce. So maybe they are going with 3 WRs as the base...

smili said:
It's interesting to me that the rams would pay up so much given the talent they had on roster. maybe they're losing some guys but they always seemed like they could plug new guys into the system and keep on rolling. In addition to Holt I thought guys like Bruce, Curtis, McDonald, and maybe others all did a pretty good job when called on.

Just to give an idea of how distorted many have become against Bennett I bet many posters would have jumped at the chance to replace Bennett with Bruce, Curtis or McDonald and then argued that the move was an upgrade. Well, interestingly the Rams didn't think Bennett was crap at all and now the talk will be how they "over paid". Personally I think the Rams, a team who has had top of the line WRs for years would have some idea of talent when they see it. I would also assume that now that Bennett will have a quality passing QB throwing him the ball in a passing offense that he will put up some pretty decent numbers and the Rams will not be disappointed.

The good thing for the Titans, we will not over pay and end up in CAP hell again. Of course we might not have squat catching the ball or running the ball on our offense but, hey, good thing we didn't over pay. We might not have any better defense next year either but we are not going to be in CAP hell.

Overalls said:
I wouldn't have minded him as our #2 or 3 WR.

If he woulda went to the pies i would of been p'od. Im happy for him tho.

He milked the Rams for all they were worth im happy he got his cash.

Ill miss you DREWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Just dont score on us :grrhee:

i won't be able to laugh @ people wearing drew bennett jerseys anymore unless they are crazy enough to still wear one. then i'll laugh harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back