Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as i predicted..

$6M a year.

I also said it would take at least $9M to ink clements and it was a $10M deal for him..

You guys understand that bruce is 35 years old right? And that bennett for most of his contract will not be slot receiver. That's the difference between bennett and wade or curtis, he is a true outside receiver who can catch the ball down field not just a #3 slot guy and that's why he has more value.

ONUV said:
i won't be able to laugh @ people wearing drew bennett jerseys anymore unless they are crazy enough to still wear one. then i'll laugh harder.

I'll still be wearing mine. It is what it is.

Starkiller said:
You just don't sign a #3 WR to that contract. Unless they plan to use the 3-WR offense as their base offense, I don't see why they'd sign him unless Bruce is either going to be released or become the #3 WR.

:werd: :truedat:

Soxcat said:
Just to give an idea of how distorted many have become against Bennett I bet many posters would have jumped at the chance to replace Bennett with Bruce, Curtis or McDonald and then argued that the move was an upgrade. Well, interestingly the Rams didn't think Bennett was crap at all and now the talk will be how they "over paid". Personally I think the Rams, a team who has had top of the line WRs for years would have some idea of talent when they see it. I would also assume that now that Bennett will have a quality passing QB throwing him the ball in a passing offense that he will put up some pretty decent numbers and the Rams will not be disappointed.

You just hit the nail on the head.

teflonworld.JPG

who the heck would cook something consisting of chops, egg, scallops, prawns, what looks like sardines and a variety of leaves from various trees?

But seriously..
he'll be missed..

Its just unfortunate that he left after such a bad season and unfortunately thats what he'll be remembered by. I hope he does well in St.Louis... that offense pretty much fits him.

Drew Bennett
Wide Receiver
Tennessee Titans

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC
46 737 3 16.0 39 166

7. Drew Bennett's six-year, $30 million deal could put pressure on the Rams to release Isaac Bruce, but Bennett doesn't think that is going to happen. He believes he will work well with Torry Holt and Bruce. The Rams want a bigger receiver for the red zone. The 6-5 Bennett, who is sneaky fast, is a good fit. Plus, he has great hands. Plus, the Rams still have the cap room to keep Bruce if they want.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2787051

Clayton should give hallucinogens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back