Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you’re saying but I think it’s fair to say Vrabel has a lot of the same pieces on defense his entire time here, right?

Bend but don’t break isn’t a scheme lol the corners playing off ball is a direct reflection of talent. If you have smaller corners who are having to play press on bigger receivers that’s a disaster waiting to happen.

If one thing has been clear in JRob and Vrabels time here is they have a good pulse for the team and the weak spots of the team. ........

We need to step off the cliff a little bit. .....

I agree. A few of JRobs draft and FA picks and coaches definitely need to step off the cliff a little bit....

Last year bend don't break and stand off tactics would work if we had a quality pass rush. Otherwise we're just gonna give up 5-7 yards every play.

Now who is to blame the players for not being good enough for not being able to pull off these schemes.
Or the coaches who aren't good enough to recognise this and adapt.
Dean pees got the defence working until he paniced and adopted the same bullshit against Mahomes.

You’re hatred for JRob makes you say dumb things. Like him picking the coaches... stop replying to me with your trolling.

I just made a joke about "stepping off a cliff a little bit" when I think you meant to say "step BACK from the cliff a little bit". You probably need to replace your JRob knee pad and bib set.

I don't have "hatred" for JRob, I've said he's a slightly above average. Everybody but you knows he whiffed badly last year in the draft and in FA. But you keep acting like he isn't responsible for any of it. And you're delusional if you don't a GM has a say with contracts and a vested interest in the team doing well in regards to hiring coaching personnel.

If you want results, NOBODY gets a pass. Everybody is accountable for their performance.

Actually if Clowney doesn't get hurt FA isn't that bad. Signing Beasley was a whiff and more of a outside shot in the dark. You have to look at what was available and what options were available in the draft to fix a problem.

Adoree was hurt and even after he returned wasn't 100%. Borders actually played pretty well before he got hurt. Obviously we lost Brown and Davis Long was decent but Brown is very good in coverage. Fulton also got hurt and rookie CBs aren't usually great contributors anyway. Thus the defense was hampered by losing one of their edge starters and had injuries on the back end of the defense. Injuries are something that is hard to over come.

I don't have "hatred" for JRob, I've said he's a slightly above average. Everybody knows he whiffed badly last year in the draft and in FA.
We got little contributions from our rookie class but after Wilson I think JR hit on those next 2 picks. Fulton and Evans will be pretty good IMO

I just made a joke about "stepping off a cliff a little bit" when I think you meant to say "step BACK from the cliff a little bit". You probably need to replace your JRob knee pad and bib set.

I don't have "hatred" for JRob, I've said he's a slightly above average. Everybody but you knows he whiffed badly last year in the draft and in FA. But you keep acting like he isn't responsible for any of it. And you're delusional if you don't a GM has a say with contracts and a vested interest in the team doing well in regards to hiring coaching personnel.

If you want results, NOBODY gets a pass. Everybody is accountable for their performance.

When have I said he didn’t whiff in the draft and FA last year? Show me. Because you’re talking out your a$$ per usual.

You can easily say he whiffed in last years FA period. Beasley was a disaster. Clowney got hurt.

But you can’t logically say he whiffed in the draft because we don’t know yet. It takes years to judge a draft. Does his draft look good? So far, not really. But it was a COVID year, players got hurt and it’s just not fair to judge it yet.

Clowney wasnt doing anything before the injury either. Other than busting through the o-line as far away from the ball as possible.
Dead on.

He doesn't get a free pass because he got hurt, shortening his already worthless season. Clowney was arguably the biggest waste of money the Titans have ever spent in FA especially when matched with the hype that came with actually signing him. If Beasley hadn't been even half the waste he was, Clowney would be more noticed.

You can easily say he whiffed in last years FA period. Beasley was a disaster. Clowney got hurt.

But you can’t logically say he whiffed in the draft because we don’t know yet. It takes years to judge a draft. Does his draft look good? So far, not really. But it was a COVID year, players got hurt and it’s just not fair to judge it yet.
I think it's two separate arguments to be had.

Agreed the rookie class still needs more time to fully judge BUT there can be judgement up to this point. They likely won't match by the time all of their careers are over.

Dead on.

He doesn't get a free pass because he got hurt, shortening his already worthless season. Clowney was arguably the biggest waste of money the Titans have ever spent in FA especially when matched with the hype that came with actually signing him. If Beasley hadn't been even half the waste he was, Clowney would be more noticed.

I think Clowney was already hurt.

every team had COVID to deal with so that’s not a distinct factor.

And Wilson is a bust. It’s an easy call at this point. The others, injury or not, didn’t contribute.

every team had COVID to deal with so that’s not a distinct factor.

And Wilson is a bust. It’s an easy call at this point. The others, injury or not, didn’t contribute.

But you don’t know what will happen next season or next or next. That’s the point.

I think Clowney was already hurt.
Man, that makes the preseason hype even more embarrassing regarding that absolute waste of the cap availability we had last season.

Because of the hype, he's a bigger bust than Beasley. Beasley at least was just hope on a return to his sack leader form.

But you don’t know what will happen next season or next or next. That’s the point.

yes- agreed. But Wilson bust- unquestionable. Already talk in press JRob/Titans close to “cutting ties”. Fulton really didn’t contribute pre-injury. And Evans didn’t do jack with his opportunities. Possible but unlikely we some major change in production in those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back