Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id bet money we make him a june-1 cut. Saves us 5.4M

I imagine that their will be quite a few players given the June 1 designation...each team can designate up to 2 players as post June 1 cuts....the money saved does not hit your cap until June 1st thus not freeing up money for early free agency...I think you will see a ton of players take cheap 1 yr deals...

the owners took the financial hit this yr....the players will take the hit this offseason

The teams with a bunch of cap space are going to be able to pay the top impact players long term deals and then fill out the roster with solid guys playing on 1 yr deals.

I think Saffold could be at risk of getting cut...post June 1 cap savings would be 9.9mil....Brewer played very well when he filled in and you have the Big Panda who might be a better fit at OG if he gets his head together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man y’all are wild. Let’s cut Butler, trade Lewan. Cut adoree, cut Humphries, cut vaccaro. All so we can go out and sign some FA’s who may or may not be better than what we have?

Blowing up the team after going 11-5 is a weird stance.
nailed it.

Vaccaro I think is almost unanimous around here. What he offers for what he gets paid just doesn't match. His performance last year was far from great.
Humphries isn't performing close to what he's paid. I know injuries are the issue for the most part and his cap hit makes the "cut him" decision a bit harder.

cut Butler is nonsense, our best Defensive player last year outside maybe Simmons.
Cut Lewan? I see the thought with Sambrailo playing well and his cap hit amount, but he's good. Plus we just witnessed what can happen with injuries. No need to cut the guy. I also love the attitude he gives. I know it wore on people.
Adoree just needs a longer term contract. He'll be expensive for this year only if he doesn't before he hits FA next year. I say lock him up a few more years.

I imagine that their will be quite a few players given the June 1 designation...each team can designate up to 2 players as post June 1 cuts....the money saved does not hit your cap until June 1st thus not freeing up money for early free agency...I think you will see a ton of players take cheap 1 yr deals...

the owners took the financial hit this yr....the players will take the hit this offseason

The teams with a bunch of cap space are going to be able to pay the top impact players long term deals and then fill out the roster with solid guys playing on 1 yr deals.

I think Saffold could be at risk of getting cut...post June 1 cap savings would be 9.9mil....Brewer played very well when he filled in and you have the Big Panda who might be a better fit at OG if he gets his head together.
Bingo. THIS is why I've been saying the colts and jags will be dangerous next year.

Yeah I feel like the league is going to have to do something for 2021 or else only 5 teams will be active in FA and players are going to be getting extremely lowball offers.
FA will definitely be limited BUT, a lowball offer is still an offer. Every year, we (fans) complain about how overpriced a lot of FA are. This is also a chance, even temporarily, reset some of the markets.
If there was a QB due for a restructure or FA signing, this would be the time we don't see a $100 mil Joe Flacco.

hump and Vaccaro need to go
if we could get 2 first for Lewan, we should trade him IMO
I would think most would be willing to restructure
they should... players get to turn unguranteed future $s into today dollars and casual fans think they took one for the team...

I guess I’m not surprised no press conference on the coordinators. Titans are laying very low on these hires.
srxvntafozxteybo5u78

look at that bomber jacket.... who cares about staff and FO and stadium issues

TEN

Tennessee Titans
1st AFC South · 11-5, 0-1 playoffs
The Titans must: get Mike Vrabel more help on defense.

Vrabel has been a defensive coordinator or head coach in four NFL seasons. In two of those four seasons (with the 2017 Texans and 2020 Titans), his defenses have been among the very worst in football. The other two seasons, the Titans' defense was mediocre. It's clear that Vrabel's coaching isn't providing a tremendous advantage; in fact, there's an argument to be made that he's providing a disadvantage. It's not for lack of trying -- the Titans have spent tons of money and draft capital on defense. Their free agent signings last season (Vic Beasley and Jadeveon Clowney) did not work out, but the Titans have also struggled to draft difference makers. Still, there were enough quality individual performances (Jeffery Simmons, Kevin Byard, Malcolm Butler, Jayon Brown) to make the Titans' defensive collapse perplexing. Whether it was the loss of old defensive coordinator Dean Pees or Vrabel's coaching, Tennessee's pass rush was non-existent. Promoting Shane Bowen from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator, when Bowen called the plays last year, doesn't feel like much of a change. What Vrabel and GM Jon Robinson have done on defense through three seasons hasn't worked, so they need to try something different.

Byard just did the obligatory endorsement of Bowen. It wasn’t a rousing endorsement and more of putting blame on himself for defensive failures last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back