Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

He may be the best TE prospect to come out since I've been following the draft. He could have come out after his Freshman year and been drafted in the 1st round.

We always talk about adding a WR as need 1 or 2, but he still gives us a receiving threat and also helps in the run game as a blocker.

I wouldn't hate it, but it's a luxury pick. May depend on what we do in FA.

He may be the best TE prospect to come out since I've been following the draft. He could have come out after his Freshman year and been drafted in the 1st round.

We always talk about adding a WR as need 1 or 2, but he still gives us a receiving threat and also helps in the run game as a blocker.

I wouldn't hate it, but it's a luxury pick. May depend on what we do in FA.
Subjective. Im here year after year to repeat WR should not be a top draft priority with so many other needs. I have yet to see a year that WR should have been top priority after FA.

I’m not necessarily opposed to Bowers at 7, but if our offense doesn’t change drastically, it might be a poor choice. I’m expecting a different philosophy in drafting players than what we are used to. I think Ran BMC will focus more on finding players who can do the things that BMC wants them to do, firstly. Then, they will consider anything extra those players might provide. Hopefully, that means we will not be drafting players based on potential or freak athleticism and then hoping we can coach them up.

I’m not necessarily opposed to Bowers at 7, but if our offense doesn’t change drastically, it might be a poor choice. I’m expecting a different philosophy in drafting players than what we are used to. I think Ran BMC will focus more on finding players who can do the things that BMC wants them to do, firstly. Then, they will consider anything extra those players might provide. Hopefully, that means we will not be drafting players based on potential or freak athleticism and then hoping we can coach them up.
I don’t know any style or offensive scheme that doesn’t require an OL.
Not sure what LT are available next year but the talent is there and available this year, they need to take Alt or Fashunu.

when a potential Joe Thomas is staring you in the face, I don’t think you can pass.
TE as a whole is the closest to a luxury position on the roster.

Noo thank you. Please no. When was the last first round TE that was actually wroth it? Seriously... Vernon Davis?

Hockenson was ok and on his second team. Pitts look great but imploded (blame Arthur?). Who else? I'm not saying Brock won't be great, but not wroth it that early in the draft. Most of the ELITE TEs in the league were found on day 2 or 3.

The past does not predict the future, but the odds are not great. If we were one piece away from being contenders, that's one thing, but we don't even have a real foundation yet. Anyone else remember the hype around Darnell Washington? Cole Kment? OJ Howard?

I’m really torn on this one. Bowers is a beast and seems like a high ceiling/high floor prospect. But TEs taken this high aren’t a sure thing.

I think a top OT or WR is a better option. But Nabers and Odunze have a higher chance at being a bust than Bowers.

Just depends on if we have a glaring hole at OT or WR when the draft starts. But I don’t think we’d regret taking this guy in 3-5 years.

I don’t know any style or offensive scheme that doesn’t require an OL.
Not sure what LT are available next year but the talent is there and available this year, they need to take Alt or Fashunu.

when a potential Joe Thomas is staring you in the face, I don’t think you can pass.
TE as a whole is the closest to a luxury position on the roster.
Completely agree. I was just making the point that if their philosophy changes, the ability to just do what is asked becomes a more important factor than potential. Look at Puca Nacua. I really doubt the Rams drafted him based off of potential. They picked him because he could fit in to what they do. He was a perfect fit. If the Titans had picked him, he would be another Dez Fitzpatrick.

He is just trying to boost his draft stock -- only one tight end has been taken Top 5 in NFL History - Kyle Piits at 4. Us having #7 is the best hope and plea case he can make to get farther up the Top 10 money.

I would sign off on a Bowers draft pick, if we dropped down and pulled a couple more picks - we are more than just a LT away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt we pick him at 7. He’s special, but I don’t think any TE is that special. However, if he is the pick, it means he is going to get used. A lot.

I really doubt we pick him at 7. He’s special, but I don’t think any TE is that special. However, if he is the pick, it means he is going to get used. A lot.

I remember A to Z sports back in the day chirping for us to take OJ Howard at 5th overall ...... lol

I can’t see us doing anything but drafting a T or a WR. WR makes less sense with our protection issues, but if the top Ts go, i could see us going there. Very interesting draft this year for Tits. We are going to learn a bit about what the vision is. FA should be busy for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back