Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Potential Joe Thomas!? You've already got them in a gold jacket before they've played a snap in the NFL?

Most agree that Alt and Fashanu should be good, quality starting players in the NFL. I have yet to hear anyone say that either are a generational talent.
What we have been missing for 3 seasons is “good, quality starting” LTs.

Useless, but possibly interesting, info:

I have been a fan of this team since the early 90s and Tight End is the one position group I have not seen them take in the first round.

Ben Troupe, a Tight End, was our first pick one year, but he was a second round pick. The Titans (in horrible cap hell) traded out of the first that year.

Useless, but possibly interesting, info:

I have been a fan of this team since the early 90s and Tight End is the one position group I have not seen them take in the first round.

Ben Troupe, a Tight End, was our first pick one year, but he was a second round pick. The Titans (in horrible cap hell) traded out of the first that year.
So he was an Oilers fan that moved fanhood with the team?

So he was an Oilers fan that moved fanhood with the team?

Yes

Started as a Warren Moon fan, became Oilers fan and moved with the team....... if you are wondering how a guy from Southern Ontario became a fan. I remember getting a biography of Moon from Scholastic books (sold through the schools) when I was in 7th grade.

I remember blowing a big lead to lose in the playoffs three years in a row -- Denver (Landale White going out of bounds giving John Elway time), Buffalo (biggest blown lead ever, to backup Frank Reich), and KC (the infamous 93 Oilers with Buddy Ryan as DC).

Back then 300-400 yards passing was standard for this team lol

Yes

Started as a Warren Moon fan, became Oilers fan and moved with the team....... if you are wondering how a guy from Southern Ontario became a fan. I remember getting a biography of Moon from Scholastic books (sold through the schools) when I was in 7th grade.

I remember blowing a big lead to lose in the playoffs three years in a row -- Denver (Landale White going out of bounds giving John Elway time), Buffalo (biggest blown lead ever, to backup Frank Reich), and KC (the infamous 93 Oilers with Buddy Ryan as DC).

Back then 300-400 yards passing was standard for this team lol
I honestly thought that was a quote from Brock Bowers. Lol.
I wouldn’t question Ontario or really any Canadien fan cheering for Warren Moon. CFL gave him a home before NFL realized they messed up passing on him.
And that might be an auto correct, but it was Lorenzo white, Lendale much later in Nashville.

i too starting watching as oilers fan, moon specifically, also because of the passing juggernaut that was the run n shoot.

I honestly thought that was a quote from Brock Bowers. Lol.
I wouldn’t question Ontario or really any Canadien fan cheering for Warren Moon. CFL gave him a home before NFL realized they messed up passing on him.
And that might be an auto correct, but it was Lorenzo white, Lendale much later in Nashville.

i too starting watching as oilers fan, moon specifically, also because of the passing juggernaut that was the run n shoot.

That's funny because we grew up in sister cities. In London, Ontario we got the 3 (at the time) big US network stations from Erie, PA.

I remember those Edger Schneider ambulance chaser commercials
And I still sing the Marineland songs.
“Niagara Falls, Ontario, Marine land is the place to go…….”

for anyone else reading along, Marineland is kind of like Seaworld but north of the border.

I keep seeing this posted and it’s such a dumb stat. There is typically just one (maybe 2) TE selected All Pro and that’s been Kelce almost every year the last decade. Plenty of first round TE have made Pro Bowls including Hockenson multiple times. Evan Engram had more receptions last year than AJ, Devante or Chase. TE are increasingly important these days. No way the Chiefs win back to back SB without Kelce.

I keep seeing this posted and it’s such a dumb stat. There is typically just one (maybe 2) TE selected All Pro and that’s been Kelce almost every year the last decade. Plenty of first round TE have made Pro Bowls including Hockenson multiple times. Evan Engram had more receptions last year than AJ, Devante or Chase. TE are increasingly important these days. No way the Chiefs win back to back SB without Kelce.

True, if he wasn't dating Taylor no way the NFL would be favoring the Chiefs

:brow: :funnynot::troll:

Elite tight ends are definitely game changing. The problem is that there are so few elite tight ends on a yearly basis. And good tight ends like McBride, Schultz, Goedert, etc are increasingly easy to find in the mid rounds of the draft. There really isn't a correlation in finding a great TE at any specific point in the draft.

You mention Hockenson. Look at his career to date. He's only had 2 very good seasons (for a tight end) so far. Do you honestly think he's been worthy of a top 10 pick to date? IMO, no. Though he could go on to average 1k yards over the next 5 years for all I know.

I like Brock. He has Gronk upside. But if his career mirrors TJ Hockenson so far, then it was a bad value pick, imo.

Meanwhile, a guy like Alt could be a good but not elite LT and he'd still be a valuable pick considering how hard it is to find even a good LT later in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, but the thing is he was a 3rd round pick. The draft on its own is a gamble. TEs are like playing Pot Limit Omaha. Even crazier odds and I don't think it ever warrants a top 10 pick.

Latest posts

Back