Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
7ksgil.jpg

Don’t know if this is true or not just saw it in my feed:

#MikeVrabel caught more TD receptions during his playing career than any player currently on the #Titans roster

#TitanUp

Don’t know if this is true or not just saw it in my feed:

#MikeVrabel caught more TD receptions during his playing career than any player currently on the #Titans roster

#TitanUp

May be true. Vrabel had 10 career TD receptions. I haven't checked our current roster's stats.

We gonna have to win <4 games to have a chance at Marvin. Seems decently likely.
This team is set up for another 7-11 wins, probably middle of the pack.

I also have a hard time understanding how the predictions for a WR are already around #2.
there’s gonna be like 5 QBs hyped, who knows how many DL/Edge rushers, OL, plus the guy still has to play a full healthy season with production.
Not slighting him at all, but very bold to think he already deserves that kind of draft spot, but that no one else will possibly make a run for that early.
He had a solid year with a couple other stud WR and a now NFL QB.

This team is set up for another 7-11 wins, probably middle of the pack.

I also have a hard time understanding how the predictions for a WR are already around #2.
there’s gonna be like 5 QBs hyped, who knows how many DL/Edge rushers, OL, plus the guy still has to play a full healthy season with production.
Not slighting him at all, but very bold to think he already deserves that kind of draft spot, but that no one else will possibly make a run for that early.
He had a solid year with a couple other stud WR and a now NFL QB.
Our o/u for season wins is currently 7.5, which puts us roughly as likely to win only 4 games as it does to win 11.

As I understand it Harrison jr is the best receiving prospect in years. Also receivers are more valuable than ever before. A lot can change in one season though.

In way too early mocks I've seen Harrison go at 1-3

In these mocks we are picking 4th, with Indy getting Harrison at 3

Such a Titans thing to happen!

Our o/u for season wins is currently 7.5, which puts us roughly as likely to win only 4 games as it does to win 11.

As I understand it Harrison jr is the best receiving prospect in years. Also receivers are more valuable than ever before. A lot can change in one season though.
So again I’ll point out that this is betting, so it’s just people (regular people) putting money down whether they think they’ll go above or below and that line will move as people bet unless it just so happens to be close to 50/50.

separate, using those same odds, there are 7 teams with lower win total odds (Was, TB, LAR, LV, Ind, Hou, ARZ) and 4 with the same odds (NE, GB, Chi, Car)
If we stick to that, titans would pick between 8 and 13. That also assumes all other teams reach their O/U mark.
I’d say that puts TN close to middle
If the pack.

we can also add 2 of the division are lower and that Jax is at 9.5.
While I agree they are around a 9-8 team, I argued TN is about the same. This puts TN very much in the playoff argument based on preseason predictions or betting alone.

So again I’ll point out that this is betting, so it’s just people (regular people) putting money down whether they think they’ll go above or below and that line will move as people bet unless it just so happens to be close to 50/50.

separate, using those same odds, there are 7 teams with lower win total odds (Was, TB, LAR, LV, Ind, Hou, ARZ) and 4 with the same odds (NE, GB, Chi, Car)
If we stick to that, titans would pick between 8 and 13. That also assumes all other teams reach their O/U mark.
I’d say that puts TN close to middle
If the pack.

we can also add 2 of the division are lower and that Jax is at 9.5.
While I agree they are around a 9-8 team, I argued TN is about the same. This puts TN very much in the playoff argument based on preseason predictions or betting alone.
That's not how betting works especially for win totals.

Like I said we're probably a roughly .500 team on paper right now. If things go well we probably win 10-12 compete for the division/playoffs. If things go poorly or henry/Burks/tanne miss significant time </=4 wins is not out of the question by any means.

That's not how betting works especially for win totals.

Like I said we're probably a roughly .500 team on paper right now. If things go well we probably win 10-12 compete for the division/playoffs. If things go poorly or henry/Burks/tanne miss significant time </=4 wins is not out of the question by any means.
If that redhead I met a few days ago only met me…

Obviously we have to add talent to our WR room and this will happen via FA and the draft.

which FA Wrs do you want us to target???

Vrabel has mentioned the need to improve our speed on several occasions and also mentions being versatile.

Darius Slayton is a guy that has 4.4 speed and has played outside and in the slot. Does a good job in fighting for contested balls and battling for YAC. He does have the dropsies on occasion which I don’t like.

Richie James is more of a slot receiver but brings quickness and elusiveness to the field. He has some punt and KOR experience in the NFL. Carthon should know him from his time with the 49ers. James never caught a ton of balls with the Niners but first yr in NY and he catches over 50

I doubt NY is able to resign both of these guys and either would upgrade our WR room.

I also like Noah Brown from the Cowboys. He is 6’2” 222lbs so more of a physical guy. Came out of Ohio State which does a great job of developing WRs. Has been stuck in a deep WR room with the Cowboys. Finally saw the field more this yr and had 40+ catches.

Our WR room seems more like a broom closet..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back