Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why cut Byard? Makes no sense. Yeah he had a down year but our entire defense was trash last season and after cutting Butler and Adoree, we’re already thin in the secondary, who could we realistically get to replace Byard that is as good as him?

Why cut Byard? Makes no sense. Yeah he had a down year but our entire defense was trash last season and after cutting Butler and Adoree, we’re already thin in the secondary, who could we realistically get to replace Byard that is as good as him?

As I have said several times in this thread, it depends on if it was just a bad year or a regression. If you think just a bad year, then keep him. If you think it is a regression than this year is a good year to move on—post June 1

I agree with the problem of the DC—that was a fail. But if you have under performing players and you can move on from them and replace them with cheaper players then you should. And paying a free safety 17 mill is a lot. In few situations is that not an over payment. And this year is a unique one in which there is a lot of veteran talent that can be had for cheap. So for all those reasons I think this is a reasonable question.
He only underperformed because of the coaching...

There is more evidence that he is good than evidence he is bad. When the entire defense was poor, hard to pinpoint one guy.

True. That makes sense. But I leave open the possibility that coaches and GM have more info an have a more thorough evaluation than we do. They see practice. They watch all the film. I can agree that the bad defense is likely the explanation. But it might not be and we just don’t know for sure. We will find out one way or the other what the coaches and GM think come June 1.

True. That makes sense. But I leave open the possibility that coaches and GM have more info an have a more thorough evaluation than we do. They see practice. They watch all the film. I can agree that the bad defense is likely the explanation. But it might not be and we just don’t know for sure. We will find out one way or the other what the coaches and GM think come June 1.
One piece of evidence is they restructured his contract last year. They wouldn’t add to the cap for the rest of his contract if they didn’t expect him to produce.

Per Spotrac he would still have $14.5 dead CAP after June 1st. They save having to pay him his base pay but it costs them $2 mil CAP space.

Then that sight disagrees with over the cap, which is what I was using. If that is the case, then clearly we don’t cut him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back