Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We save absolutely nothing cutting him. The dead CAP is actually 2 mil more than we save. We would save some cash but I'm not sure that is the objective. The way he has been playing he is probably over paid right now but not in a position to cut him. Actually the only option would be to extend him a year or so pushing is $11 mil base across the rest of the contract to save money this year.

If we cut him now yes. If we cut him June first or after it saves 12 mill on this years cap.

I think it is correct if we cut him post June 1 the dead money goes to 3 million. Let's give him one more year and if he does not play at a pro bowl level, cut him. He should not be the second highest player on this team.

I feel the same about Lewan. I get people get hurt but when he got suspended making that kind of money he needs to be on notice as well.

Left tackles get paid but for a FS, to make what we are paying Byard, you need to be top 3-5 in the league. Last year, he was not top 20 that is just a fact. Pass rush should better ( we still need another one at edge), he should be better, but we need to get better at corner for him to be better as well.

I am guessing it is 14 mill. We eat 3 of the 17 this year and spread the rest out over the rest of the contract. I think that is how it works.

So the dead hit for this year would be 3 mill but we take the rest in hits later.
You don't cut all your good players on defense because 1 bad year. What you should do is fire your defensive coordinator because that's the only real change we had last year. That's where we messed up. The coaches and jrob are putting the blame on the players.

Right, and there are a number of vets we could sign for cheap. A lot less than 12 mill.

There aren't going to be a lot of good players left in June. There aren't a lot of good players left now.

I don't get the infatuation with cutting our starters.

We've already lost 10 starters (if you count nickels and slots) and filled 3-5 of those slots (depending on what you think of Kevin Johnson and Kendall Lamm).

I am not sure if this has been discussed, but if we cut Byard after June one, we save around 12 mill in cap space this year. I am pretty sure that this year we can find equal talent at a much lower price after June 1. What are your thoughts on this possibility?
Teams dont have to wait til June to make this move, if he was gonna get cut I tend ti think it would have been done by now

I do not want to cut any more players but there will be very good players cut June 1 due to cap issues of most of the league, post draft. I assume J-Rob saving some money for that!

The cuts by other teams are not over due to dead money

You don't cut all your good players on defense because 1 bad year. What you should do is fire your defensive coordinator because that's the only real change we had last year. That's where we messed up. The coaches and jrob are putting the blame on the players.

I agree with the problem of the DC—that was a fail. But if you have under performing players and you can move on from them and replace them with cheaper players then you should. And paying a free safety 17 mill is a lot. In few situations is that not an over payment. And this year is a unique one in which there is a lot of veteran talent that can be had for cheap. So for all those reasons I think this is a reasonable question.

Disagree. There won’t be talent available in June and certainly not better than Byard.

I’m against cutting him and I agree no one will be out there better than him.

But there will be talent out there to fill the rest of the roster. I don’t see us cutting anymore starters at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back