Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like you all got it wrong...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188463,00.html
Isaac Hayes did not quit "South Park." My sources say that someone quit it for him.

I can tell you that Hayes is in no position to have quit anything. Contrary to news reports, the great writer, singer and musician suffered a stroke on Jan. 17. At the time it was said that he was hospitalized and suffering from exhaustion.

It’s also absolutely ridiculous to think that Hayes, who loved playing Chef on "South Park," would suddenly turn against the show because they were poking fun at Scientology.

Sounds like spin doctoring to me. You'd think Matt Stone would know the real reason he left the show (since he's basically Hayes boss). Stone is quoted in the piece linked to in the OP as saying:

MATT STONE: "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology... He has no problem — and he's cashed plenty of checks — with our show making fun of Christians."

And here's a direct quote from Hayes.

ISAAC HAYES: "There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," the 63-year-old soul singer and outspoken Scientologist said.
Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored," he continued. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."

GO Cows! LOL

They did just do an episode that made fun of your religion, Scientology. Did that bother you?

Hayes: Well, I talked to Matt [Stone] and Trey [Parker] about that. They didn't let me know until it was done. I said, 'Guys, you have it all wrong. We're not like that. I know that's your thing, but get your information correct, because somebody might believe that [expletive], you know?' But I understand what they're doing. I told them to take a couple of Scientology courses and understand what we do. [Laughs.]
maybe it has nothing to do with the fact the man suffered a stroke two months after that show went to tape. I dunno. It's not like I made this up.

The piece you linked to is really just some guy quoting "his sources" (naturally unnamed) and after that he's basically giving his opinion on the story whereas the original piece has direct quotes from the people involved. It just seems more credible, that's all I'm saying.

No cows were hurt during either of my posts.

LazyManJackson said:
Don't get me started......
started on what, slacker?:lol: :brow:

oh crap... on topic... flapper head canadian was right...

j/k

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

no, for real...

CHEF IS DEAD!!!

rip.jpg

That was one of the greatest sonnings I have ever seen on tv. Writers absolutely brutalized Scientology and Chef.

:ha: @ how Chef went out. **** was absurd. :ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back