Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
HurricaneTitans said:
What if we trade Chris Brown to the Eagles for Jevon Kearse back ?

NO! We got rid of Kearse at just the right time, I think he's more injuryprone than Brown these days and even when healthy he hasn't perfomed like he did in Nashville.

Vigsted said:
NO! We got rid of Kearse at just the right time, I think he's more injuryprone than Brown these days and even when healthy he hasn't perfomed like he did in Nashville.

look at the situation tho............. Albert Haynsworth is demanding doubles right ? so is KVB. Thats leaves Kearse one on one if he were demanding doubles like he does in Philly well ................ i'm not great at math but somebody on our team would be unblocked.

HurricaneTitans said:
What if we trade Chris Brown to the Eagles for Jevon Kearse back ?
yaaahhh yaknow ....

Kearse is not the freak he used to be
and you run into the situation like we have whereas we invested alot of picks (not to mention alot of duckage just this offseason) to the END position

I'd like to see Jevon play LB :brow:

specifically the middle. man, it'd be hard to run on us

HurricaneTitans said:
look at the situation tho............. Albert Haynsworth is demanding doubles right ? so is KVB. Thats leaves Kearse one on one if he were demanding doubles like he does in Philly well ................ i'm not great at math but somebody on our team would be unblocked.

we run a 4-3 not a 3-4

if they doubled both then we would certainly have a free man. single blocked if they bring a tight end in. but that would RARELY happen that the oline doubles two guys. maybe if they leave a back to block as well but but then its basically a 3 v 7 game in the d backfield.

wish it were that easy... besides all they would have to do is run it right at kearse. he'd get hurt or run over.

Trading brown in the division...

Wouldn't bother me if the price is right.

1. Trading brown to the colts or houston would not be like trading an edgerrin james. Brown is a good player not a super star. If he went to the colts he would just be a one year addition anyway unless addai was a total bust. If brown went to houston and played well houston would have to decide between brown and davis as their long term back and one of them would be out the door.

Yes it would be frustrating as hell to see brown go to indy, stay healthy and put up big numbers for several seasons. If we are really that concerned that could happen then maybe we should try and keep brown and send henry somewhere.

I agree with tide. If Brown is so good, we keep him. If we don't think he will ever be more than the player he was last season, then trade him to anyone...I don't even care if it is in the same division.

Bulluckfan said:
I agree with tide. If Brown is so good, we keep him. If we don't think he will ever be more than the player he was last season, then trade him to anyone...I don't even care if it is in the same division.

That is crazy talk. You do not give young RBs that have had spirts of greatness go into your division when you are rebuilding.

I am sure everyone remembers his first games started. 4 100 yard games in his first 5 starts. Dickerson was the only match I think (totally a guess but Brown is one in a small group of player to do that). If he comes back to that type of game in a better blocking situation like Denver or Indi he could put up huge numbers. That is not something I would want to put into our division. The opportunity cost is to great to allow him the 'what if'.

If Addia is a bust for the Colt we give them hope. Just not something we should do while we are climbing the mountain IMO.

Vigsted said:
You don't need to be Jerome Bettis or Jamal Lewis to run with authority. Brown isn't afraid to go up the middle and he doesn't shy away from tacklers, if that's not running with authority I don't know what is.

I guess you define "running with authority" as his will to run up the middle or put his head down. I could put a helmet on a monkey and get him to do that. Brown's style is not one of power. He usually doesn't get the tough yards or bowl defenders over. I've seen him knocked over by the slightest hits. He doesn't run with authority to me.

BlazingArrow#9 said:
That is crazy talk. You do not give young RBs that have had spirts of greatness go into your division when you are rebuilding.

Hey, I agree with you...if he is great. But is he? I think he's good, and I want to keep him. But what I am saying is that if the coaches don't think he will ever be great, we might as well trade him. If they think he can be the back we saw a couple of years back, then we shouldn't trade him for anything. I know, I know. That's obvious :)

But what I mean is that if the Titans trade him at all, I don't care where he goes, because to me it will be a sign that they don't think he will ever be great.

I also agree with RollTide, he is not an amazing player, its not like we're trading our Titan favourites to the Colts, if he does go there it won't be long term.

I distinctly remember CB's "coming out" party if you will, against the Dolphins. He had close to or more than 100 yards in the first half, only to tweak his ankle after a long run. After the tweak, he took himself out of the game.

I remember Fisher saying something like "he took himself out of the game" and "he came up and told me he could not go" and stuff like that.

The "can't stay healthy" labels has followed him since he started at CU.

Vigsted said:
How do you know? I haven't heard anything about what he's asking for, please enlighten me. I don't think it's a question of money, I think it's a question of job security. As a running back I would not want to go out and risk my health without knowing if I have a job after the season is over.
It's not a question of money? Yeah right.

Playing football is the man's job. He signed a contract. It included playing in '06 for a set amount. It also included ending after the '06 season so he could become a free agent. Brown apparently just now read the contract?

Of course not, but if you're the coach and he hits a couple of 1, 2, -1 yard runs (as all RB's do) and you have Henry and White on the bench, could resist spelling him? In the end that means less carries, less yards and worse avg. for Brown.
Performance = opportunity. If he's not effective, he doesn't deserve to be on the field.

A reason this may have come up now and not right after the draft was that little McNair thing that was going on earlier in the season. I seem to recall a few posts about the matter.

If CB and his agent would have started there little feud while the McNair thing was going on someone would have lost it. And who really would have cared that much about CB with McNair and all the hullabaloo going on. Not me. I would of said fine trade him maybe we can use the money for McNair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back