Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should've off loaded Casey's contract first and then attempted to re-sign Conklin.

But I have a strong feeling Conk didn't want to be here.

good rookie year

meh every other year

not a huge loss IMO.. people seem to gloss over how fucking atrocious our line was first half of last year, Tanne and Henry hid those issues 2nd half

good rookie year

meh every other year

not a huge loss IMO.. people seem to gloss over how ****ing atrocious our line was first half of last year, Tanne and Henry hid those issues 2nd half

Yeah I agree. I honestly don't give a damn he left us for the Browns.

If we could've resigned him, I would've been cool with that, but since we didn't, it's all good.

good rookie year

meh every other year

not a huge loss IMO.. people seem to gloss over how ****ing atrocious our line was first half of last year, Tanne and Henry hid those issues 2nd half
Yes the line wasnt good in the beginning but having crap qb Mariota running into defenders every chance he was given made them look a lot worse.

good rookie year

meh every other year

He was most certainly not "meh" last year. He received elite grades at run blocking and was above average at Pass Blocking. Overall he finished as the 12th best RT by PFF grades.

So far in his career under PFF grades, he has finished #4 his rookie season, #14 his 2nd season, # 18 in 2018 and #12 last season. He may not be "elite" overall but he is without a doubt one of the 10-15 best RTs in the game and he's only 25 and he's coming off his best season since his rookie year. He was absolutely worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Probably because our best OL was suspended for 4 games and when he came back he played poorly for 2-3 games. That might have something to do with that.

Our OLine didnt magically get better, its all the side effects of having a competent QB.

When you can elude pass rushers teams start blitzing you and spaces behind the defense start opening up for Tanny to exploit. Then once you start beating teams that way you ram Henry down their throat when they make adjustments.

Great job by Arthur Smith in staying on top of the way the games going. But none of this happens without the QB executing the offense.

But , while it sucks to lose Conklin, Kelly is starter quality, with a 71.8 PFF grade last year, though it's clear step down from Conklin. So as long as we use the money saved to upgrade at other areas, we should be fine.

Even if Tannehill is the highest sack %, difference is, he actually makes throws and can read a defense unlike Mary. Huge difference......Our line I instantly got better when Tannehill came in!

He was most certainly not "meh" last year. He received elite grades at run blocking and was above average at Pass Blocking. Overall he finished as the 12th best RT by PFF grades.

So far in his career under PFF grades, he has finished #4 his rookie season, #14 his 2nd season, # 18 in 2018 and #12 last season. He may not be "elite" overall but he is without a doubt one of the 10-15 best RTs in the game and he's only 25 and he's coming off his best season since his rookie year. He was absolutely worth the money.

Oh so middle of pack in RT's. Sounding "meh" to me. And considering what he cost us in draft capital he can choke on my d!ck.

Oh so middle of pack in RT's. Sounding "meh" to me. And considering what he cost us in draft capital he can choke on my d!ck.

That isn't middle of the pack. Somewhere between 75 -100 OL take snaps at RT across the league every year. Conklin was ranked number 12, and has never been ranked lower than 18th. That's actually very good.

JRob made a mistake not picking up his 5th year option. Especially since apparently it isn't even fully guaranteed until the 1st day of the league year of that 5th year. Not to mention, the draft capital it took to acquire him was largely from the previous trade with the Rams, so we were essentially playing with house money.

This draft class is pretty darn good at OT, would not be surprised for us to still draft a guy there in the first two rounds. The plan going forward would be for Kelly to serve as the starter until the new guy takes over, then Kelly would go back to his swing/reserve tackle duties.

Can we find another Conklin? Probably not, but we should be able to find someone solid, and Kelly is a good player for much, much less. His cap hit this year is only $3M.

That isn't middle of the pack. Somewhere between 75 -100 OL take snaps at RT across the league every year. Conklin was ranked number 12, and has never been ranked lower than 18th. That's actually very good.

JRob made a mistake not picking up his 5th year option. Especially since apparently it isn't even fully guaranteed until the 1st day of the league year of that 5th year. Not to mention, the draft capital it took to acquire him was largely from the previous trade with the Rams, so we were essentially playing with house money.

No- there are 32 teams with 32 starting RT’s. Conklin was pretty good at best and average the rest of the time.

And your house money argument is just dumb. It’s like the guy who blows all his lottery money because “he didn’t have it before”.....

No- there are 32 teams with 32 starting RT’s. Conklin was pretty good at best and average the rest of the time.

And your house money argument is just dumb. It’s like the guy who blows all his lottery money because “he didn’t have it before”.....

Yeah that isn't how this works. And you clearly don't understand advanced metrics if this is what you take away from this. The starting RT's around the league don't make up the 1st 32 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back