Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 million for a guy who almost gets to the quarterback repeatedly and is guaranteed to get hurt. Can’t wait to see who pays this fool next year.

Clowney
Beasley
Wilson
Fulton
Evans
Jackson

What could've been if they all wasn't fragile physically or mentally.

I really thought Clowney was going to help us take our defense to the next level. What a damn let down he has been. Hope nobody was stupid enough to buy his jersey.

Clowney
Beasley
Wilson
Fulton
Evans
Jackson

What could've been if they all wasn't fragile physically or mentally.

I really thought Clowney was going to help us take our defense to the next level. What a damn let down he has been. Hope nobody was stupid enough to buy his jersey.
Anybody buying a jersey for a guy on a one year contract deserves what they got.

I'm not even mad at him because we've all seen enough to know to expect this. Injury prone, doesn't fill stat sheets. He is disruptive and creates matchup problems, but that doesn't necessarily translate into defensive success.

Same with Beasley. Feast or famine his whole career. We got famine.

I'm glad that we have a GM willing to take chances and I'm glad we've got an owner supportive enough to back him and write the checks.

Anybody buying a jersey for a guy on a one year contract deserves what they got.

fa3f7e20-9005-4066-bad2-9b7a13915917-jpeg.18006

Haven't even worn it yet. Was saving it for playoffs

why’d you waste your money on that? I quit buying jerseys 10 years ago, I just had a custom one made with my name on it.

I only buy a jersey when it is deeply discounted.

For example, I bought a Mariota jersey when it was $20 bucks. Unstitched his name off of it and put my kids name on it.

Win win in my book.

There are guys who on paper, on the stat sheet are big producers but nobody seems to want them because they are not winners.

Clowney was an asset because teams had to pay attention to him and that helped Landry or whomever was on the other side. Still he never seems to be worth whatever he gets paid.

Brandon Marshall was one of those guys. Had hall of fame type production and never one time played in a post season game. He was good at promoting himself but did not seem to ever make a team better.

There are guys who on paper, on the stat sheet are big producers but nobody seems to want them because they are not winners.

Clowney was an asset because teams had to pay attention to him and that helped Landry or whomever was on the other side. Still he never seems to be worth whatever he gets paid.

Brandon Marshall was one of those guys. Had hall of fame type production and never one time played in a post season game. He was good at promoting himself but did not seem to ever make a team better.
I disagree Clowney was an asset at all. The sack totals and general lack of pass rush when he was on the field help prove that.

His inability to hold the edge was also a liability. Clowney on the field is a downgrade in almost every way to Clowney not on the field.

I feel very stupid for being excited to sign that PUD.

Bottom line on Clowney was that gets hurt too much, doesn't get sacks and while a decent player is not close to elite. So what happened? Exactly as advertised. The pressure and holding the edge are as good or better with him gone. He wasn't a difference maker. Edge is high on the list next draft.

Cut Humphries, sign Davis unless he is insane, and keep the offense top shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back