Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't have to be spent today.

We have a face of franchise RB to sign. We have a stopgap injury prone QB under center that had a great year- but will he have another? No one behind him. (*Note. I called the Tannehill situation last preseason and it played out EXACTLY like I said it would. Other than me being off 1 week by the start game)

We're losing our best corner (F*** your PFF grades) and hoping a guy that spent a large portion of his beginnings here being the worst CB we've seen since Nick Harper.

We have offensive line issues and hoping a slow out-of-position draft pick can either fill the spot our current backup is taking as a starter... doesn't seem like we "only need depth" here.

We have 1 legit wide receiver.

We have a safety that's been slacking since his contract- and a safety that was injured most the year-- that we picked up off the couch. Ain't getting any younger.

*by the way- the DB that gets all those guys to work over the offseason is gone. Unless Byard picks up that slack, expect a big dropoff in the MMCNB crew.

Saying we have no needs is kind of odd. We finally had a hot streak and looked like a legit playoff team. One year.

If we get Clowney- cool. I expect we'll overpay, but he'll hopefully contribute and at least be a solid player.

But acting like we're loaded everywhere else? lol bruh please.
All that and we still have one of the top 10 rosters in the league

Doesn't have to be spent today.

We have a face of franchise RB to sign. We have a stopgap injury prone QB under center that had a great year- but will he have another? No one behind him. (*Note. I called the Tannehill situation last preseason and it played out EXACTLY like I said it would. Other than me being off 1 week by the start game)

We're losing our best corner (F*** your PFF grades) and hoping a guy that spent a large portion of his beginnings here being the worst CB we've seen since Nick Harper.

We have offensive line issues and hoping a slow out-of-position draft pick can either fill the spot our current backup is taking as a starter... doesn't seem like we "only need depth" here.

We have 1 legit wide receiver.

We have a safety that's been slacking since his contract- and a safety that was injured most the year-- that we picked up off the couch. Ain't getting any younger.

*by the way- the DB that gets all those guys to work over the offseason is gone. Unless Byard picks up that slack, expect a big dropoff in the MMCNB crew.

Saying we have no needs is kind of odd. We finally had a hot streak and looked like a legit playoff team. One year.

If we get Clowney- cool. I expect we'll overpay, but he'll hopefully contribute and at least be a solid player.

But acting like we're loaded everywhere else? lol bruh please.
And why are you a Titans fan? Lol

How is Tannehill a stop gap? Signed a 4 year contract
And injury prone? 3 injuries in 7 seasons, starting his career playing in all 16 games for the first 4 seasons.
His 2nd partial tear probably happened because he didn't get surgery after the first one

So if the idea is a physical is holding up any signing of clowney how are we signing other free agents? Dont they all have to pass a physical?

And injury prone? 3 injuries in 7 seasons, starting his career playing in all 16 games for the first 4 seasons.
His 2nd partial tear probably happened because he didn't get surgery after the first one

Deuce Wayne is what happens when a psychotic person is a hopeless imbecile.

I love that the Ryan bashers (homerism is ridiculously strong here until the moment someone is let walk-- then they have to tell themselves the guy is terrible to cope with feelings, I guess) constantly use the Chiefs to explain why he's not good.

The Chiefs.

With zero pass rush.

The Chiefs.

Who couldn't cover Tyreke Hill for 5 seconds?! I mean come onnnnnn...

lol okay guys.

Bwahahahaha. Ur huffing glue man. No ones buying this crap.

“Stop gap QB” is a weird way to look at the guy with the 15th highest career passer rating of all time, who we just gave a multi-year contract to in his prime.

I'm not reading any further than this. You're as delusional as Mariota fans were last year (and probably was one of them) that I told the same thing to.

Tannehill played great for us last year. If you're expecting that same performance for 16 games... you're likely going to be disappointed.

But being super hype on a game-managing QB that's injury prone is... weird.

I love that the Ryan bashers (homerism is ridiculously strong here until the moment someone is let walk-- then they have to tell themselves the guy is terrible to cope with feelings, I guess) constantly use the Chiefs to explain why he's not good.

The Chiefs.

With zero pass rush.

The Chiefs.

Who couldn't cover Tyreke Hill for 5 seconds?! I mean come onnnnnn...

lol okay guys.

Except 31 other nfl gms apparently agree, since he still doesn't have a job.

So if the idea is a physical is holding up any signing of clowney how are we signing other free agents? Dont they all have to pass a physical?
Most players would just get a random doctor near them to do it. Clowney is getting a much higher salary and has much more injury history, including an off season procedure this year. We want our actual people to see him first.

Wasn't it 2 in 3 years one just rolled over to the next? Or am I mistaken?

I'm not reading any further than this. You're as delusional as Mariota fans were last year (and probably was one of them) that I told the same thing to.

Tannehill played great for us last year. If you're expecting that same performance for 16 games... you're likely going to be disappointed.

But being super hype on a game-managing QB that's injury prone is... weird.
So whats your solution? Against the Tannehill movement, and already stated how bad Mariota was. Very easy to bash, rather to have intelligent answers to the puzzle. So lets here it from start to finish.

Looking more and more like you got to break the bank / out-bid one another to get his 3.0 sack services ... o_O Longer this goes on more annoying it is ... yes we need a stud pass rusher but F this guy if this continues into summer. U can have him back Seattle at this point.
This is a guy who typically influences 1 out of 5 plays, thats worth having, but not at his $20M asking price. You can get 2 good players for that who will get you more overall.

If we had more than 20M to blow then perhaps you overlook the high price tag, but he wants basically every cap dollar we have left. That would make things pretty complicated God forbid we had to add someone after injuies.

This is a guy who typically influences 1 out of 5 plays, thats worth having, but not at his $20M asking price. You can get 2 good players for that who will get you more overall.

Yeah I am starting to sour on it. I get it - hes a "big name" left but an overrated one at that. He would make the team look better by that stand point but eh if its 20+ I think JRob will wise up and let Seattle over pay for him back. Still curious not drafting any edge guys though - even with Beasley still seems like this is a need that needs addressing.

Yeah I am starting to sour on it. I get it - hes a "big name" left but an overrated one at that. He would make the team look better by that stand point but eh if its 20+ I think JRob will wise up and let Seattle over pay for him back. Still curious not drafting any edge guys though - even with Beasley still seems like this is a need that needs addressing.
Neither team can afford him at his current asking price. Seattle and TN only have 21M left and he wants almost every dollar.

He will have to come down if he wants to be here or there. If not not many teams can afford him outside of Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back