Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titan fans believe he's signing here but Seahawks fans believe he's staying now jet fans think he's going there. I'll just not care and focus on who we have. He seems to be loving all this attention like a high school girl.
As you and everybody else should be doing. This isn't going to end any time soon so I suggest everybody move on until there is some actual news, not hearsay and speculation.

Not gonna lie was excited that Clowney was gonna be coming before the draft then obviously we were holding out till after the draft for the comp pick but now it's taking the piss. I get players wanna get paid, but now at a GM point surely its "your playing for a wage not for the love of the game ". Screw him!

I think all interested teams should offer him the exact same deal...tell him to pick one...take the money thing out of it for him...make a choice based on other things ( team, city, SB chances etc)

Looking more and more like you got to break the bank / out-bid one another to get his 3.0 sack services ... o_O Longer this goes on more annoying it is ... yes we need a stud pass rusher but F this guy if this continues into summer. U can have him back Seattle at this point.
I would think that as each team gets their replacement, the less money and deal he will be offered.
I suppose it could be a case of him not able to get a physical, but I think we would here some positive rumors that he was doing so.

Ug, why does this thread keep getting added to. I hereby ban anyone from replying to this thread until Clowney makes it official somewhere. Until then, who cares really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes people have a really interesting job, like being an extremely gifted and disruptive 3-4 OLB that can line up inside the tackle on passing downs. And people ask them questions. And they answer them.

I'm sure he does enjoy Seattle and would be open to returning under the right circumstances.

Getting the fanbase riled up like this means something.

It doesn't mean anything.

People take Twitter way too seriously.

he just wants the most money he can get. Getting the fan base involved helps him in that way. Just business. Not trolling.

It could also hurt him too? Tennessee back off, Jets, if interest is true, back off...leverage goes back to Seattle and their lower than expected offer?

maybe but I doubt it. I’m sure JRob has a definite best and final $ amount in mind. He won’t be influenced to change by fan base unless there is some direct revenue effect

Personally I don't care if the Titans sign Clowney or not. He's a good player, but he's not a great player who will make or break the 2020 season. He's a tremendous run stopper, but he's not that great at generating pressure. The biggest weakness of the defense last season was pressuring the QB. Clowney has never possessed the pass rushing prowess of a Von Miller or Khalil Mack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back