Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 17505

Am I missing something? What is the hype on this guy? I know stats dont tell the whole story, but he played on a front 7 that had JJ Watt and Mercilius for 5 of his 6 years in the league.

I've only been a fan of the NFL for 3-4 years but it Landry topped or equalled most of Clowney's high's last season.

View attachment 17506

The one thing those stats don't show is that half of Clowney's tackles were for a loss or no gain. That's his strength, he's a wrecking ball defending the run. Clowney isn't going to solve the pass rushing woes like many will lead you to believe in the Titans online community.

The one thing those stats don't show is that half of Clowney's tackles were for a loss or no gain. That's his strength, he's a wrecking ball defending the run. Clowney isn't going to solve the pass rushing woes like many will lead you to believe in the Titans online community.
I'm reading from inside sources....the Titans are only offering a 1 year deal worth 10 million. Looking like the management not rating him high.

So hes a run stopping player. Something we arent looking for.... so why are we interested in Clowney again?

So hes a run stopping player. Something we arent looking for.... so why are we interested in Clowney again?

He draws double teams like no other. Which allows our other players to have a better chance of getting to the QB on the one v one block.

Imagine you have Clowney and Simmons on the line. Who do you double team? Simmons has proven to eat players up one vs one. And one of the reasons Clowneys stats are lower is because he faces more doubles than almost any other defensive player.

I can tell you right now....Clowney is not getting signed by the Titans. His best offer is 13/15 million from Seattle. The Titans final offer is 10 million 1 year.

The problem is not if Clowney is overrated or not.

The real issue is our depth and lack of talent we need some type of pass rusher to help us and if you look at FA right now the choices are either clowney or some 3rd string type player.

Fact of the matter is guys who get 6.4 sacks per season, excluding his rookie year when he only played 4 games, don't get big money in this league.

Why would a team pay more than the franchise tag for that kind of production?

Hopefully the murder hornets help sway Clowney's decision. Not sure why someone would want to live in a state with Murder Hornets...

I’m kinda at the point that I hope we don’t sign him.

Yeah honestly good either way. He’s been moronic a couple of times against and made a couple outstanding plays. But he’d def have to be accounted for in our opponents game plans against us. So if we have room, I trust Vrabel/JRob on this one.

View attachment 17505

Am I missing something? What is the hype on this guy? I know stats dont tell the whole story, but he played on a front 7 that had JJ Watt and Mercilius for 5 of his 6 years in the league.

I've only been a fan of the NFL for 3-4 years but it Landry topped or equalled most of Clowney's high's last season.

View attachment 17506

I'm not the biggest fan and won't be too disappointed if we don't sign him, but he is really disruptive. When he is on the field, he WILL make Landry better, he WILL make Beasley better. Beasley is kind of an all or nothing finisher, so I think it would benefit him the most. He WILL open up things for Jayon and Rashaan.

Is that worth long term money? Doubtful.

Is that worth a 1 year deal at this point in free agency for a team that wants to try to make a mark? I'd say so.

OVER

RATED

*CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP*

But yeah, since we sh*t the bed with our offseason, we kinda need him.

Sux.
I don't agree. The Titans have a top 10 offense/defense....we are not capped out! Have what is looking like 7 pics in the first 4 rounds next year. The team has the perfect mix of veterans and youth. I think you're looking at it as a all in season....its not. This team is building a roster that can be in contention for a very long time. I think you're somehow missing the bigger picture here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back