Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Pat retired from the, arguably, cushiest job as a player in the NFL... so young, too.

Maybe... he knew.

Maybe he was well aware, had a moment of clarity, that the Colts are, and have been, fools gold. The expectations of Luck were way overestimated. The team surrounding him was going nowhere. The rest of the division was about to overtake them.

Or...

He just never had the heart for football. He's always wanted to be a personality - stand-up, on radio or television - and not a full-time football player.

So, Pat retired from the, arguably, cushiest job as a player in the NFL... so young, too.

Maybe... he knew.

Maybe he was well aware, had a moment of clarity, that the Colts are, and have been, fools gold. The expectations of Luck were way overestimated. The team surrounding him was going nowhere. The rest of the division was about to overtake them.

Or...

He just never had the heart for football. He's always wanted to be a personality - stand-up, on radio or television - and not a full-time football player.
I think it had to do with the fact hes had 4 knee surgeries already

hes 29 and rich, quit while youre ahead

I think he tried his best, but he was 1.) too light in the ass to do the job that needed to be done, and B.) had to play with garbage surrounding him. He was also dinged up towards the end with us.

Still glad we moved him but I dont believe he was lazy or unmotivated.

This is true. I coach as well and there are players that are ONLY good when you surround them by good players. Ask them to play the leading role and lift the other (subpar) players around them to play at a higher level?? Yeah not happening.

Drives me crazy. Happens in every sport. at every level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back