Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer the Stonehouse injury, the more money Auckerman should have to repay the franchise while walking out the front door. Or even better, getting chucked onto the sidewalk off the property.

Been awhile since ive wanted a season to be over already. Give ran the keys, if he keeps vrabs fine but he's gotta pull the trigger on oc, dc and st coaches. No way these guys can stay. Team has regressed soo far nobodies jobs can be safe this year. Unless amy aint willing to pay off these guys how can they stay?

The longer the Stonehouse injury, the more money Auckerman should have to repay the franchise while walking out the front door. Or even better, getting chucked onto the sidewalk off the property.
got hurt on that NE play where dude rolls away from gunner towards OT then has unblocked run on P

What did he do
Allowed what I believe was the first ever back to back Punts blocked.

seriously, cannot find any record of that ever happening.

man’s it’s not like the first punt was a long time before the second, it was like 7 plays and he failed to make what should be considered a routine adjustment.

Anyone want to find the avg # of punts blocked?
I can’t imagine it being any more often than 1 every 200 punts, and the Auckerman special is allowing it to happen 2 out of 2.

I think this loss is squarely on the special teams. Yes, offense and defense had a hand in it, but as i said earlier, today was special teams malpractice. TWO blocked punts (in a row!) along with knocking your gifted punter out, maybe for a long time. Not having Stonehouse also had a hand in Folk missing an extra point that could have made the difference for a win in regulation. The only special teams big play was the crazy 2-pt conversion interception that got run to the house (what kind of scoring play is that called anyway? 2-pt conversion for the defense? 2-pt touchdown?)

Allowed what I believe was the first ever back to back Punts blocked.

seriously, cannot find any record of that ever happening.

man’s it’s not like the first punt was a long time before the second, it was like 7 plays and he failed to make what should be considered a routine adjustment.

Anyone want to find the avg # of punts blocked?
I can’t imagine it being any more often than 1 every 200 punts, and the Auckerman special is allowing it to happen 2 out of 2.

It was considered a fumble and not a block, but I know what you mean.

We had a lot of corner mishaps today. Hopefully we get three or 4 new corners next year to go with our 4 new offensive linemen and two or three defensive line along with two tight ends, several receivers and hopefully a hired ref to explain the rules to the new coaches and players At least replace the off and def coordinators and if not , Vrable and his yes men
At least Spears looked good today. Just imagine how good the running game could be with average blocking or better

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this loss is squarely on the special teams. Yes, offense and defense had a hand in it, but as i said earlier, today was special teams malpractice. TWO blocked punts (in a row!) along with knocking your gifted punter out, maybe for a long time. Not having Stonehouse also had a hand in Folk missing an extra point that could have made the difference for a win in regulation. The only special teams big play was the crazy 2-pt conversion interception that got run to the house (what kind of scoring play is that called anyway? 2-pt conversion for the defense? 2-pt touchdown?)
It was a 2pt conversion attempt.
That’s standard defense not ST.

We had a lot of corner mishaps today. Hopefully we get three or 4 new corners next year to go with our 4 new offensive linemen and two or three offensive line along with two tight ends and hopefully a hired ref to explain the rules. That along with a few new coaches should be a fun season
At least Spears looked good today. Just imagine how good the running game could be with average blocking or better
I don’t think it’s entirely CBs.
No, Fulton sucks, but I think coaching keeps them out of position.

it’s no coincidence that Vrabel run D or HC has some of the worst secondary numbers in the league. This was a problem as DC in cowtown and carried over to Nashville.
He’s never had a good secondary.

A long way to run for 2 pts

I don’t think it’s entirely CBs.
No, Fulton sucks, but I think coaching keeps them out of position.

it’s no coincidence that Vrabel run D or HC has some of the worst secondary numbers in the league. This was a problem as DC in cowtown and carried over to Nashville.
He’s never had a good secondary.
Ok. I will have to give you that one. They were certainly out of position
I remember one pass to the los and the guy ran 8 yards before the corners touched him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back