Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all titans gear,

Whew!! Our Kicker missed the XP, that was close. Thank you man upstairs for allowing my favorite team to lose. I couldn’t bear the thought of walking around after a W again. That win over Carolina last week was just miserable. I didn’t want to talk to anybody.

But now life is good. we can pick a T at #4 instead of #7. And seriously, we all know that instead of wasting a pick at #7, we should just try to trade that and the rest of the picks for a 2025 GOAT pick in the top 5. It’ll only be one more season of rooting to lose.

We’re the best!!!!
Every person here loves the Titans and wants to win we get it.

However I think you are being very close minded you need to look at the big picture.
Every single team in top 15 right now desperately needs a LT there are 2 elite LTs In the draft this year and then a much of average ones.Plus there is 0 upcoming FA LT avaliable.

This team is not going to win anyways with this line so what's the point of argument we are gonna lose anyways even if we try to win.

Subjective statement to say lower = better.
This is especially true if the titans take a T and none were taken beforehand. Then it would be losing for a draft position to take a player that would be on the board anyway.
yeah, but in my case, I want a better pick to trade for more picks. That only goes so far. get a top 5 and you can get a handful of good picks, get a 10 you get a good pick and a couple mid range picks.

I like the analogy.
Specifically where when you lose on earlier levels over and over, it gets you no closer to the unlocked level than losing on a later level.

rooting to lose on an earlier level because of the “gift” received out of sympathy truly is no better than the gift received from a later level.

the titans have to draft a quality player. That can come in the form of any draft position.
Every year the hindsight critics call out the “we should have taken this guy instead of that guy”
Guess the draft pick # didn’t matter in every one of those cases.
yep but that is the whole point, I would turn my 1 great draft pick into 5 good and have 5x the chance of getting 1 great player. It is a dice toss at oick number 1 or pick number 25, the more the better.

Draft capital helps build a team with as yet developed/realized talent. It doesn’t insure success. Scouting and player development by coaches are crucial in translating that talent into productivity. And coaching is essential in using the talent to win games.

you can be a Super Bowl winning team without tanking to improve draft capital. Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers have low coaching turnover, and usually win around or just above .500

I don’t mind washing a season to let rookies get experience and assess talent. Getting more draft capital is a perk but not a requisite. Changing the culture is a risk if there is no accountability with the vets. But most vets know the cycle and don’t let the culture change.

I’m not fervent on the tanking issue- I don’t think it’s as critical one way or the other. We need an OL before we ever think about another Super Bowl run.

You’ve only failed to prove the opposite that losing more games helps.

Breaking news. Teams that consistently lose a bunch of games year after year are poorly run and don't scout/develop well. Hear more at 11.

Jets literally had Geno Smith for years and he was trash. A few years later he goes to Seattle, and all of a sudden he's a good QB. See how that works?

Again, early picks are FAR more likely to hit. That's simply a fact. And winning a few more meaningless games this year does nothing to improve our team going forward.

And again this ENTIRE argument was started because I said IF you were rooting for tanking, then having the team play relatively well, yet still lose the game is pretty much best case scenario for THOSE people. Whether you think it's a viable strategy is irrelevant. IF you support tanking, then seeing young players improve and showing they have a bright future and watching competitive games while also securing a high draft pick is like having your cake and eating it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking news. Teams that consistently lose a bunch of games year after year are poorly run and don't scout/develop well. Hear more at 11.

Jets literally had Geno Smith for years and he was trash. A few years later he goes to Seattle, and all of a sudden he's a good QB.

Early picks are FAR more likely to hit. That's simply a fact. And winning a few more games meaningless games this year does nothing to improve our team going forward.

And again this ENTIRE argument was started because I said IF you were rooting for tanking, then having the team play relatively well, yet still lose the game is pretty much best case scenario for those people. Seeing young players improve and show they have a bright future while also securing a high draft pick.
Having a team “play well” to lose has zero meaning.
Playing rookies (or just young) for experience is fine, whether they play well or not is irrelevant.
Losing gets a lower # pick to do the same thing a team should do at a higher pick, select a quality player. Those players are available all over and year after year there are just as many, probably more of too 5 picks not meeting expectations and being out performed by other players drafted. That’s the entire basis of hindsight drafting critics, “should have taken x over x”
Just draft where the draft, losing for a lower number doesn’t change that.
As pointed out, the teams that do that purposefully or not, ultimately hang out at that same top 5 slot over and over and over.

it goes back to my point of, if the team is 1-2 pieces away from being highly competitive, maybe coming off a rough season from injuries or whatever, they draft that position and get right back in the mix.
The dumpster fire teams aren’t saved by 1 draft, they take years, note again, Jax, Det, NYJ, NYG, cle.
It is no coincidence that these teams keep getting what you seem to covet, top 5 picks, and clearly do nothing as a result or at least took a literal decade to finally payoff from so many top 5 picks.
Picking top 5 or by 10 makes little to zero difference. Just pick a quality player.

yeah, but in my case, I want a better pick to trade for more picks. That only goes so far. get a top 5 and you can get a handful of good picks, get a 10 you get a good pick and a couple mid range picks.
yep but that is the whole point, I would turn my 1 great draft pick into 5 good and have 5x the chance of getting 1 great player. It is a dice toss at oick number 1 or pick number 25, the more the better.
I’m commenting on both here.
Lower number for trade value. Got it. It’s all subjective.
What kind of trade value is the difference between 4 and 7?
Is a team going to make up that trade difference?
And for who?
I do understand stupid terrible organizations trade the farm to ruin their team for QB. And it almost proves my point that often, the team that made that trade gives up another high # pick because of failure.
Consider Carolina, traded up to get Young, now gave away the #1 overall pick to Chi. Who coincidently is so s**ty themselves that their own pick is #5.
So who is this all working out for?

Just make the pick you earn by selecting a quality player. No one cares where they were drafted after the draft is over outside high picks that fail and really late picks that succeed.
Just make a good pick.

Agree it’s not easy.
But I’m not about to buy into a false narrative that just by virtue of a lower number, it gets easier.
me either at all, that is why I would trade a low pick for multiple picks and have a better chance of landing a starter for the future. Someone is going to want one of these upcoming qbs, if we have a pick and a qb available we can end up with 3 or 4 nice picks. The more the better chance we have of having players who will help the team.

Having a team “play well” to lose has zero meaning.
Playing rookies (or just young) for experience is fine, whether they play well or not is irrelevant.
Losing gets a lower # pick to do the same thing a team should do at a higher pick, select a quality player. Those players are available all over and year after year there are just as many, probably more of too 5 picks not meeting expectations and being out performed by other players drafted. That’s the entire basis of hindsight drafting critics, “should have taken x over x”
Just draft where the draft, losing for a lower number doesn’t change that.
As pointed out, the teams that do that purposefully or not, ultimately hang out at that same top 5 slot over and over and over.

it goes back to my point of, if the team is 1-2 pieces away from being highly competitive, maybe coming off a rough season from injuries or whatever, they draft that position and get right back in the mix.
The dumpster fire teams aren’t saved by 1 draft, they take years, note again, Jax, Det, NYJ, NYG, cle.
It is no coincidence that these teams keep getting what you seem to covet, top 5 picks, and clearly do nothing as a result or at least took a literal decade to finally payoff from so many top 5 picks.
Picking top 5 or by 10 makes little to zero difference. Just pick a quality player.

This is false. And it's been proven to be false. The hit rate for top 5 picks vs other areas of the draft has been talked about ad nauseam. You are far more likely to find an AP caliber player in the top 5 than anywhere else.

And how does winning meaningless games have any more meaning play well and still losing. To the fans buying tickets, maybe. But it doesn't help for our team in the future. And how is rookies/younger players playing well now irrelevant? It is most certainly is not irrelevant when considering the future of this franchise.

Every person here loves the Titans and wants to win we get it.

However I think you are being very close minded you need to look at the big picture.
Every single team in top 15 right now desperately needs a LT there are 2 elite LTs In the draft this year and then a much of average ones.Plus there is 0 upcoming FA LT avaliable.

This team is not going to win anyways with this line so what's the point of argument we are gonna lose anyways even if we try to win.
average LT is big upgrade for Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back