Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in the right situation Carr could resurrect his career like Tannehill did when he came to Tennessee.

Not sure why so many are down on Carr.

In the last three years he has had 14 game winning drives and 33 game winning drives in his career.

Thats an average of 3 or 4 times a season him coming from behind and winning games.

For his career he has never missed but three or four games and averages nearly 4,000 yards thrown a season.

His completion percentage near 65 percent.

Even crazier he is just 31 years old and has at least 6 or 7 years left easily.

A team with a good defense just needing a QB would be wise to look into it.

I think in the right situation Carr could resurrect his career like Tannehill did when he came to Tennessee.

Not sure why so many are down on Carr.

In the last three years he has had 14 game winning drives and 33 game winning drives in his career.

Thats an average of 3 or 4 times a season him coming from behind and winning games.

For his career he has never missed but three or four games and averages nearly 4,000 yards thrown a season.

His completion percentage near 65 percent.

Even crazier he is just 31 years old and has at least 6 or 7 years left easily.

A team with a good defense just needing a QB would be wise to look into it.
I get what you’re saying but unfortunately this is what tells the story on Carr, 9 seasons, 2 w/ 10+ wins and both were WC losses.
That 3-4 comeback wins avg the last couple years was necessary to only make the team close to .500.

I agree he hasn’t been put in the best positions as far as the team goes but I don’t think his blow up at the end of the year helps his case.

All that aside, I ca t see the titans doing anything with Carr. I think you make a valid point he’s at least comparable to THill, titans just have a marriage certificate with THill and it won’t make sense to eat money for a lateral move.

I get what you’re saying but unfortunately this is what tells the story on Carr, 9 seasons, 2 w/ 10+ wins and both were WC losses.
That 3-4 comeback wins avg the last couple years was necessary to only make the team close to .500.

I agree he hasn’t been put in the best positions as far as the team goes but I don’t think his blow up at the end of the year helps his case.

All that aside, I ca t see the titans doing anything with Carr. I think you make a valid point he’s at least comparable to THill, titans just have a marriage certificate with THill and it won’t make sense to eat money for a lateral move.
You talk about wins but the Tanny lead Dolphins were trash as well, they even made the playoffs with the back up QB when Tanny went down. What's that say about Tanny? It's all numbers what do you see from the QB on the field matters more.

You talk about wins but the Tanny lead Dolphins were trash as well, they even made the playoffs with the back up QB when Tanny went down. What's that say about Tanny? It's all numbers what do you see from the QB on the field matters more.
What’s crazy is my very last statement.

“..it doesn’t make sense to eat money for a lateral move.”

Lateral means the same, both QBs are comparable. I certainly made no argument that THill is better.

I have so many Raider fans in my office, so I've seen my fair share of Raiders games at their parties. Carr is so scared of getting hit, he has worse butter fingers and fumbling issues than Tammy. Also, once the cold weather comes he crumbles and gets worse. I'm not impressed at all with Carr. Would rather have Tammy but they're both not near elite level guys, more like 3rd tier, with the likes of Jared Goff or Wentz. These are guys that you cannot count on in the playoffs to get you a win. They don't elevate the guys around them.

I have so many Raider fans in my office, so I've seen my fair share of Raiders games at their parties. Carr is so scared of getting hit, he has worse butter fingers and fumbling issues than Tammy. Also, once the cold weather comes he crumbles and gets worse. I'm not impressed at all with Carr. Would rather have Tammy but they're both not near elite level guys, more like 3rd tier, with the likes of Jared Goff or Wentz. These are guys that you cannot count on in the playoffs to get you a win. They don't elevate the guys around them.
Based off last year, both with new teams, Goff and Wentz are opposite ends of the spectrum.
Goff had a great season and nearly got Detroit out of the huge hole they dug to reach the playoffs.

Based off last year, both with new teams, Goff and Wentz are opposite ends of the spectrum.
Goff had a great season and nearly got Detroit out of the huge hole they dug to reach the playoffs.
Well, I don't think of him highly, Goff that is. But I agree he carried the offense last season. But my point is Carr is overhyped and really some team going to over pay and regret it like how Wentz career went. Goff at least a likable person but Went and Carr some candy arse QBs I don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back