Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright i was using firefox and the google thing still doesnt work, so do any of u guys know what could be wrong with it because i ran the spybot 2 times and it never fixed the google thing

If you go to yahoo.com and search google, then click the search result link for google.com what happens? Will google pull up that way?

im not sure, ill check when i get back home, all the posts that i have had today i have been at school in our computer lab, but i think that i did it last nightand it would work. ill try it again tho

which dou guys think is better firefox or theinternet explorer as far as bring up web pages the fastest and what not

Firefox is generally more secure and its built in pop up blocker helps out quite a bit. I don't think, as a general rule, that you'll see much, if any, performance increase in one browser over the other. Use Firefox most of the time (the tabbed browsing is very cool), but from time to time you'll find a website that doesn't display properly in Firefox and you'll be forced to use IE.

You can have several sites open at once, but they display as tabs in one window instead of in different windows. You just click the tab at the top of your screen to switch between sites.

As a side note, I've heard that IE is going to have tabs in its next version. Also, the yahoo toolbar for IE adds tabs to the screen.

Once you get used to using them, you'll never want to be without them. Just hit CTRL-T on your keyboard to open a new tab. Also, when you are browsing and you see a link you can right click the link and have it open in a new tab. The new tab actually loads in the background instead of taking you away from the page you are currently viewing.

alright guys (more computer literate than me) i am running firefox but am still getting dang popups and in the corner of the popup box on the upper left corner it has the ie symbol you know the e thing. how the heck do i stop this from happening??? also which anti-virus is everyone running...may sound like a tight *** but....a free one is one i am looking for..thanks

titanfan53 said:
alright guys (more computer literate than me) i am running firefox but am still getting dang popups and in the corner of the popup box on the upper left corner it has the ie symbol you know the e thing. how the heck do i stop this from happening??? also which anti-virus is everyone running...may sound like a tight *** but....a free one is one i am looking for..thanks

What's the address for one of the pages you are going to where you get a popup using Firefox?

GhostZ said:
alright i was using firefox and the google thing still doesnt work, so do any of u guys know what could be wrong with it because i ran the spybot 2 times and it never fixed the google thing
Does Google just not load at all, or does some other page load in its place?

titanfan53 said:
alright guys (more computer literate than me) i am running firefox but am still getting dang popups and in the corner of the popup box on the upper left corner it has the ie symbol you know the e thing. how the heck do i stop this from happening???
Try ad-aware and spybot. Soundslike some kind of adware creating those popups.

also which anti-virus is everyone running...may sound like a tight *** but....a free one is one i am looking for..thanks
AVG

Starkiller said:
Does Google just not load at all, or does some other page load in its place?
ya it doesnt load at all, but my dad told me today that his isnt working either, and i have wireless connection, so i think its something with his, and im using the tabs and i love them, but aim.com wont come up either, and everytime i try to sign in through aol.com it takes me to a problem loading page this is really annoying, and thank u for ur help so far

alright guys well my dad fixed it, he had to take something out for 30seconds - 1 min and it fixed the google and aim ordeal thanks for the help guys, and spybot really works, and i remember using firefox before, and i like it a lot better than ie

GhostZ said:
what were u talking about with the tab searching?

I wouldn't be able to surf without TAB BROWSING

basically one singular open Browser window can incorporate multiple pages or tabs, whick splay and hide along the toolbar

it's so much better than having 15 open IE Windows

Safari has always used it
FireFox stole the idea but it works well

for anyone using Firefox, it is a stripped down version of Safari

Could have been a malfunctioning router that he unplugged for a bit?

I had a cousin who couldn't get onto AOL and I spent 2 hours trying to get it to no avail. All they had to do was unplug the router for a few seconds...

Puck said:
Safari has always used it
FireFox stole the idea but it works well

for anyone using Firefox, it is a stripped down version of Safari
Mozilla/Firefox has been around much longer than Safari...

Starkiller said:
Could have been a malfunctioning router that he unplugged for a bit?

I had a cousin who couldn't get onto AOL and I spent 2 hours trying to get it to no avail. All they had to do was unplug the router for a few seconds...

Linksys routers are notorious for that. I have to unplug our Linksys wireless router about once/week.

Gunny said:
I don't either.
However I did a degree in Criminal Justice, finished last year, applied for over 200 jobs and nothing. So I don't know why I did it, it hasnt gotten me anything.

But I look at trainee positions to do with IT and there aren't many down here atleast at the moment.
I figure doing some sort of IT course may help me get a job, but then again I thought doing Criminal Justice would as well.

Get a CS degree and prosecute hackers.

I have a netgear that would sometimes lose the entire DSL connection and othertimes only drop the wireless signal. I'd be unplugging it multiple times some days.

Now I have it running as a subordinate to an older linksys router (because it has no wireless) and now the netgear hasn't dropped in months (though 1 ethernet port burned out). I just can't explain it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back