Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way do we get a first for him. Daunte was a 2nd and he's younger been less banged up (over the period) and he wasn't getting that many looks.

Puck said:
Very NICe
some of you classless idiots forget the pain and agony and blood and tears this man shed for your entertainment

don't take into account that Steve restructured his contract every other year so that we could continue to resign scrubs who contribute fractions of the effort that he did

Floyd and Steve restructured his deal so many times, we're lucky that it's only costing us this much

Have some pucking respect. We probably would never had sniffed a Super Bowl or 2 AFC Championships without him
agree whole heartedly

Woody81 said:
agree whole heartedly
Look, i respect Steve for what he has done in the past for this team . there is no way we went as far as we did without him when we were on our run. but that was then. he isnt the same player he was (not even close).IMO all we have to do is get through this year at 8-8 or better (so we can keep Fisher) and hope for the best , but we can find a Q.B. a heck of alot cheaper than $23 million to throw the ball at peoples feet. and all this talk about how Steve is being treated is garbage , Bud is protecting his team and i respect him for that. everybody should know by now that the N.F.L. is a business plain and simple. and Bud Adams is just protecting his business , smart move IMO. QUESTION ! if Mcnair went in to train and broke his arm somehow and we had to pay the whole 23 million this year , how many fans do you think would be calling for Reese's and Fisher's head for letting him into the sports park ? i would say 90%.

Steve is more likely to get hurt during a meaningless pre-season game or during the actual season than he is running treadmills or whatever

so what happens then ?

imo, they should have addressed this last year\
he's under contract, he should be allowed to train

The Fanatic said:
This is not Steve's doing, it's his agents

Bahahahahahaha!!!

Yeah right.
Like McNair doesn't have a say in this?

You think his agent would be doing this without McNairs consent?

You think Ray Lewis' agent is doing the same thing up here without Ray approving it?

Difference being is that we can afford to hold Ray hostage if we want, so he either shuts up and plays, or sits out.

Unlike Mcnair, Ray knows this.

Mcnair knows he has an out, and is taking full advantage of it.

You cannot keep Mcnair under his current contract...PERIOD!!!

Ray Lewis is welcome to walk into the front door of our training complex and participate in what ever activitys he chooses.

Your owner is probably nervous about McNair walking into the bathroom and possibly slipping on a wet floor right about now.

What color is the sky in your world?

Titans not only can afford to wait McMVP out they can afford to pay him the 9m his contract calls for. Now pratically everyone agrees he ain't worth 9m, but how much less is the argument. Looks like the Murdermore Ratbirds might be used to determine a FMV on 9s services.

The fact the Killer Lewis if free at all, much less free to roam around the Ratbird nest, is an embarassment.

Bud is probably more worried about Bud slipping on a wet floor IMHO

BTW ratbirds suck, not as bad as the dolts or the squeelers, but suck they do.. my my yes.

twoseven said:
IMO all we have to do is get through this year at 8-8 or better (so we can keep Fisher) and hope for the best , but we can find a Q.B. a heck of alot cheaper than $23 million to throw the ball at peoples feet.

Kerry Collins will work for much less than that.

But, I'm not sure if I want him quarterbacking the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL, much less the Tennessee Titans. :rolleyes:

And, we've had Tee Martin with the Bombers. :barf:

I see no need in bringing in Collins either

Is Kerry going to be any more productive than Billy would ?
I think not

we just need to take our lumps and look forward to '07
I don't see us competing this year anyway
and if we do, I'd rather it be with Volek than Collins

Hey, if Mac wants to go play for Brian Buttocks then he deserves what he gets. The "Ratbirds" thing cracks me up. It sure made me sick seeing Mase in that uniform. I don't think I could watch Mac in Baltimore.

Collins sucks, If push came to shove I would rather have volek over collins... But I don't think Mcnair is going, I think & Hope this will get worked out and #9 & #10 will get there shots to teach and to learn... Cook (as we've talked about before) is trying to cash in his workhorse for all he can get. They've never had a problem working these contracts out before, Cook starts the rumors and throws Gas on the fire, He needs to Sh*tcan Cook and get it worked out..

Mcnair will stay...

Raven's are not offering enough. No way we just release a player like that.

#9 will be in uniform for this franchise for 3 more years. 3 more super bowl appearences. Steve has to like the addition of lendale who potentially gives us an eddie caliber player. Our defense is about set, our WR are better.

I am a big McNair fan and hope that he stays and feel he will, but those saying that when McNair has restructured in the past that he has done it for the team, don't forget restructuring is a huge benefit for the player also. His salary is being converted into signing bonus that he gets in a lump sum up front, it isn't being "reduced".

Also, funny how all those years the Birds talked trash about McNair now they are all excited about him. Will he "suck" again if he stays with the Titans? And are they admitting that Billick failed AGAIN at QB with Boller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back