Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Untitled-design-2020-03-07T135612.656.png

Im not overly worried myself, but my wife and her mother are freaking out. Trip to FL is now canceled, schools are shutting down tomorrow until further notice.

I just hope this doesn't mess up the draft. Im not going but Id really like it if this blows over so football isnt impacted.

my wife is prego and has an autoimmune disease so I will remain moderately concerned until it passes
This is valid.
anyone with existing medical issues makes sense to be overly cautious.
For the rest of us that daily fight through 100’s of illnesses, adding beer-virus changes essentially nothing.
Unfortunately there are people in positions to change the way we go about our daily lives that have freaked out and interjected.

I’m between full on Hoax and not worried.

The CDC estimated that at least 12,000 people have died from the flu between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000. (I want to know why this isnt a solid number)

Meanwhile only 38 people here have died as of today. Keep that in mind when you start freaking out thinking the world is ending. I dont want to brush this off as nothing but its the latest thing so it gets talked up, but if you get it youre probably going to survive.

It's not the mortality that concerns me... it's the quick spread and not controlling it. This can mutate into something more serious if we don't get it under control.

However, freaking out will not help gain control. It will exacerbate it.

I'd be lying if I said I knew the exact name.

Her dad was in the gulf war, lots of the offspring from those fighters have autoimmune diseases now.

I got an autoimmune disease so I was wondering if we had the same. Doesn’t run in the family though

It's not the mortality that concerns me... it's the quick spread and not controlling it. This can mutate into something more serious if we don't get it under control.

However, freaking out will not help gain control. It will exacerbate it.

Viruses will trend towards becoming less serious over time as the strains mutates to become more accepting to theirs hosts to ensure their survival.

In layman terms, viruses will make themselves less deadly, so that your body has less of a reaction and doesn't fight it as hard and fast.

So it's likely to mutate more towards the common cold than ebola.

I think a lot of the closings/cancellations around here are over-the-top but I can understand why they want to slow the spread.

My mother-in-law is in assisted living and I'm shocked they are still allowing people to visit. They're the most likely to get hard if they catch it.

Heard anyone that gets the virus will have permanent scar tissue and irreparable damage to one's lungs. So let's not pass this off as nothing more than the flu.

Plus, if you're overweight you are most likely diabetic aka insulin resistant, which has ben a big underlying health issue of people that don't do well when they get it.

Not trying to be negative, just speaking the known facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not overly worried myself, but my wife and her mother are freaking out. Trip to FL is now canceled, schools are shutting down tomorrow until further notice.

I just hope this doesn't mess up the draft. Im not going but Id really like it if this blows over so football isnt impacted.
Had awesome tickets to Jazz/Laker game on Monday. Planned my whole Utah trip around basketball and skiing! No games...... fml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back